I feel great about Barack Obama!

DoubtingThomas29

Mar 4, 2007
✟9,402.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I think President Obama is in the right place at the right time, and America needs this man to provide sound leadership in face of all of our problems. He is right there in the White House making sure everything will be alright. I know that I am heading back to Detroit Michigan where the american Auto companies are like looking at Bankruptcy, but it'll be alright, because Obama is in the whitehouse and America has a hard spell to go through but our leader shall lead and help us through these trying times.

How about you guys and gals are you feeling the good sentiments and well wishes of this adminstration yet? Do you feel like he can save the day by correctly implementing big government? Can he with the help of modern mankind prevent all wars? Can he help us stop global warming? I think we can yes we can, we can do it, united we stand, divided we fall. Gobama!

P

Protocol11

I'm not liking the job he and the dems have done as of yet. The dems are spending too much, jacking up taxes, making government bigger, proving themselves just as corrupt, if not moreso than the reps, and the things they have in the words are what worry me the most.

How about you guys and gals are you feeling the good sentiments and well wishes of this adminstration yet? Do you feel like he can save the day by correctly implementing big government? Can he with the help of modern mankind prevent all wars? Can he help us stop global warming? I think we can yes we can, we can do it, united we stand, divided we fall. Gobama!

Are you yanking our chains, or are you really this brainwashed? Please say the former. Even if it's a lie.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hmmm.....don't you mean "64% of Democrats"?

64% of people in blue areas, I think:

nappy-map.jpg

Upvote 0

JGL53

Senior Veteran
Dec 25, 2005
Mississippi
✟14,276.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm with 64% of the country right now as well.

I feel good about our Teleprompter President because at least he doesn't make up words in an attempt to sound, ..........presidential. Even he knew he didn't deserve the office...

Actually the latest polls show Obama with a 69 per cent approval rating, with 48 per cent vs. 46 per cent thinking the country is headed in the right direction, as opposed to a 13 per cent to 78 per cent back in September.

Polls also show that those who identify as Republicans are the lowest per cent of the population in 25 years - it is a whopping 21 per cent.

And now Arlen Specter has figured out from the Pennsylvania voting in the 2008 Presidential race that Jesus was actually a liberal and it is time to become a Democrat.

And Al Franken will soon be seated as the 60th Democratic Senator.

And Newt Gingrich and Rush Limbaugh, co-heads of the Republican Party, are still trying to tell Americans that they are stupid - that torture works, and in any case isn't torture.

And Michael Steele is still trying to figure out how to walk and put both his feet in his mouth at the same time. Forget chewing gum.

And the news actors over at Foxx continue apace to destroy the credibility of themselves and their masters - it's a total self-immolating freak show 24/7. (Shepherd Smith seems a half-decent sort, though.)

At this point there apparently is nothing that Republicans can do to turn this around, except maybe Obama has to resign because he was born in Kenya, or is revealed to be a secret Muslim, tries to blow up a building in partnership with Bill Ayers, or does a 180 and raises taxes on the middle class and lowers taxes on the rich.

LOL.

Upvote 0

DoubtingThomas29

Mar 4, 2007
✟9,402.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I love that saying I fear nothing I hope for nothing I am free, thanks for sharing. I think though that we may actually end up with one world order in time really which makes things interesting for sure. I hope that swine flu doesn't do a lot of damge that is for sure, and also hope the economy will turn around, oh well I guess I can't truly be free, oh well, freedom is relative!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Enjoy it while you can. His soft national defense position and big government will turn out to be a disaster. The only question is when.

His big government? You've had big government for quite some time and not until a Democrat gets in office do the complaints start flooding in. We shall also have to compare Obama 'soft' national defense position to the rough, aggressive ones that others would propose.

Upvote 0

WiredSpirit

and all God's people said... meh
Jul 5, 2004
Evansville
✟2,698.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

oldbetang

Senior Veteran
Jul 21, 2005
✟24,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Obama's overall approval rating is at 68% right now. As of the first week of April 27% of Republicans, 90% of Democrats and 60% of independents approved. (source) Democrats enjoy a 7-point advantage in party ID so the low Republican approval ratings matter even less.

That poll is crap. Look at how it's weighted. 30% of those questioned were African-American.
Among black respondents, his approval rating was 96 percent.
Blacks only make up about 13% of the US population.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Enjoy it while you can. His soft national defense position and big government will turn out to be a disaster. The only question is when.
A DISASTER - how would the American public know the difference between a "so-called" Obama disaster and the legacy of disasters already left by the outgoing Bush Administration.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
I don't know about anyone else, but I have a thrill going up my leg.

(sorry, had to say it)
No reason to feel SORRY - that's nothing compared to the "ECSTASY" Democrats must be feeling as they start receiving the first in a string of moderate Republican political exiles from the SENATE - dumped on their "doorstep."

Democrats haven't enjoyed the THRILL of a "filibuster proof" SENATE since the early 1930's under FDR.

Upvote 0

lemmings

Veteran
Nov 5, 2006
California
✟18,469.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That poll is crap. Look at how it's weighted. 30% of those questioned were African-American.
Among black respondents, his approval rating was 96 percent.
Blacks only make up about 13% of the US population.

Seems ok to me.
[Math]96% * 13% + 62% * 87% = 66.42%[/Math]
This is 1.58% less than the reported value of 68%, within their margin of error and I am assuming that the 13% figure from you is accurate.

Upvote 0

lemmings

Veteran
Nov 5, 2006
California
✟18,469.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

(Black approval rating) * (Percent population of Blacks)
+(White approval rating) * (Percent population of Whites)
(Real approval rating)

96% * 0.13 + 62% * 0.87 = 66.42%

is a lot more accurate than.

96% * 0.30 + 62% * 0.70 = 72.20%

Upvote 0

oldbetang

Senior Veteran
Jul 21, 2005
✟24,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(Black approval rating) * (Percent population of Blacks)
+(White approval rating) * (Percent population of Whites)
(Real approval rating)

96% * 0.13 + 62% * 0.87 = 66.42%

is a lot more accurate than.

96% * 0.30 + 62% * 0.70 = 72.20%

I still don't follow you. At all! Your "math" is jumbled.

Upvote 0