Grenoble
✟67,121.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m just going to vent, dear brothers and sisters. I know each of you are facing your own battle in life and I am praying for each and every one of you.

My best friend since childhood, has been changing. She found a group of friends and acts like a completely different person around them. She’s going on a date with a guy because her friends told her too, she’s a follower. Whenever she’s around them she forgets I exist but once they are all busy I’m the one she comes to. I’ve known her since she was a little girl and I know the person she really is but she’s changing into someone I don’t know. I have never done her wrong and I have done nothing but be kind to her. At one point she even started wearing an AC/DC hoodie ( and she’s says she’s a Christian) I told her a Christian had no business wearing a devilish band hoodie. And she has started watching inappropriate shows that her friends love. This whole thing absolutely breaks my heart. She is like my sister and seeing your little sister slowly changing in a negative way is absolutely heart breaking. I don’t have any true friends only her. Everyone else has done me wrong. I’m always getting hurt by people. When I see her social media posts with those bad friends I don’t even want to talk to my friend.
Other thanthe girl who I thought was my best friend , I am failing one of my classes. I’ve been studying so very much yet I still do poorly. I always strive for A’s and work hard yet this semester I have hit a huge bump in the road. And I feel like a loser.
And October is the month my grandfather ( who was like a second dad to me) and my dog I had had since I was a kid died. So I have been reliving all of that even more so than normal.

I hate to say I feel depressed while there are poor people who are battling life threatening diseases and staying faithful in Jesus. I shouldn’t be depressed, I feel very guilty that I am.

I have always been the one to never let people see me cry but lately I feel like if someone just says the “right” triggering thing it’ll set me of and make me cry.

Thank you so so so much for ur prayers and advice. I love u all

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prayers, Natalie. I think the best thing to do for your friend, is to pray for her. Pray for her and talk sense to her when you get the chance. But mostly, pray.

You're not a loser. Frankly, college can be a miserable time for many. It's tough. Part of you wants to adult already and work, part of you wants to pass your classes, the other part of you wonders why you're still in school. I get that. Been there. It's rough.

The good news is, this won't last. You'll be out, find work, and begin a new life.

You're not a loser. Will pray for you. Life can be tough.

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm so sorry to hear this, dear sister. I've had a similar experience, so I can definitely relate to some extent.

My closest friend met someone who wasn't a Christian not to long ago, and I saw him drift further and further from God over time. I advised him not to pursue her because of this, but he did so anyway. We still keep in contact off and on, but he doesn't seem like the same person. The best I can do for him now is just keep him in my prayers and love him as he is, hoping one day God will use it for good.

And I agree with @Gracia Singh , you're definitely no loser. It seems you've really fought to do your best, but are just having a bad semester.

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hate to say I feel depressed while there are poor people who are battling life threatening diseases and staying faithful in Jesus. I shouldn’t be depressed, I feel very guilty that I am.

No need to feel guilty, Natalie. Your situation is legitimately difficult. Spiritual and relational trials may not be visible as physical illness but it doesn't mean that they are not real. Praying that you will feel better soon.

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Lord Himself is grieved by the evil courses people take. It would be worse for you if you could watch what was happening to your friend and still feel comfortable talking to her and still think everything is fine. And it's not normal to be comfortable with failure, but you are trying hard and failing is an exception for you. It sounds like this is a valley you have to go through and I pray that you'd know the Lord's help and comfort in this intersection of trials you are facing. I think of Psalms 42 and 43 as passages you can read to find comfort and give you peace in trusting God in this. Use this to help you find more resolve to be steadfast in doing what is pleasing to the Lord and to seek Him more intensely. Natural sight may tell us it's better to give up and that it would be better to not do things God's way, but the truth in actuality is that His way is best even if for the moment we are weighed down with trials. Press forward by faith with the confidence that He'll give you as much strength as you need as you trust and obey Him, because He is a Rock to His servants who believe Him. "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." (Psalm 55:22) "I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul." (Psalm 138:2-3)

Upvote 0

Natalie De La Fontaine

Aug 5, 2019
Grenoble
✟67,121.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Lord Himself is grieved by the evil courses people take. It would be worse for you if you could watch what was happening to your friend and still feel comfortable talking to her and still think everything is fine. And it's not normal to be comfortable with failure, but you are trying hard and failing is an exception for you. It sounds like this is a valley you have to go through and I pray that you'd know the Lord's help and comfort in this intersection of trials you are facing. I think of Psalms 42 and 43 as passages you can read to find comfort and give you peace in trusting God in this. Use this to help you find more resolve to be steadfast in doing what is pleasing to the Lord and to seek Him more intensely. Natural sight may tell us it's better to give up and that it would be better to not do things God's way, but the truth in actuality is that His way is best even if for the moment we are weighed down with trials. Press forward by faith with the confidence that He'll give you as much strength as you need as you trust and obey Him, because He is a Rock to His servants who believe Him. "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." (Psalm 55:22) "I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul." (Psalm 138:2-3)
God bless you and thank you so much for taking your time to write your beautiful message. It has touched my heart deeply and brought me a lot of comfort thank you for the wise words as well as the scriptures. Thank you so much

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,085,787.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Your concerns and hurts are not trivial and the Father wants to help you with every one of them.

I saw a study once on tears. They found that the chemical composition of tears of sorrow as compared to tears from things like eye irritation, were different. The theory is that tears of sadness help clean the body of negative toxins built up in the body through stress. Maybe that is why many people have reported that they feel better after a good cry. So, if you feel like crying, go for it! We see righteous men crying in the Bible. There is nothing wrong with that.

I pray for wisdom and guidance for your friend, and for her salvation. I pray that you will be given wisdom and light and guidance about her and about friends in general. I pray that things will turn around for you for the better in school, and that your will receive healing and comfort for the loss of your grandfather and beloved dog.

Upvote 0

Ana1234

Aug 17, 2019
Austin
✟15,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am so sorry you are experiencing this pain. I understand how difficult it can be when those we care about seem to wonder from the faith. I am also deeply sorry for your loss. Please know that your life is so valuable. I can tell that you have a caring heart, especially since you're concerned for your friend.

I am so inspired by your faith and how you are standing strong in your faith in Christ. I pray for God to continue to give you strength and peace of heart and mind. And I pray that God will give you wisdom when you talk with your friend.

May I share some verses with you that help me?

Psalm 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalm 43:5
Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

God is with you, sister, and He is faithful. Keep the faith and know that I am praying for you.

Upvote 0