I feel as though I'm experiencing direct spiritual abuse from a loved one and I ask for prayer...

Artra

The unforgivable sin is not repenting
Jan 31, 2019
United States
✟13,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi everyone,

I don't know how much is right to share, but my name is Matthew and I'm a newly reconverted Christian. I've sensed that the changes my Faith has brought in me has caused a stir in my environment and living conditions, with loved ones seeming both confused, uncomfortable, and almost seemingly resentful in a way, and I've felt that there have been attempts to undermine my Spirituality because of it, but they're so subtle that I can't pinpoint whether I'm imagining it or if I'm actually under attack. I'm fairly isolated right and feel trapped and anxious as a result. I ask for prayer that I can overcome my fear of the situation I'm in so that I can get to the bottom of it, and gain insight into why I feel this way. Thank you and God bless.

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi everyone,

I don't know how much is right to share, but my name is Matthew and I'm a newly reconverted Christian. I've sensed that the changes my Faith has brought in me has caused a stir in my environment and living conditions, with loved ones seeming both confused, uncomfortable, and almost seemingly resentful in a way, and I've felt that there have been attempts to undermine my Spirituality because of it, but they're so subtle that I can't pinpoint whether I'm imagining it or if I'm actually under attack. I'm fairly isolated right and feel trapped and anxious as a result. I ask for prayer that I can overcome my fear of the situation I'm in so that I can get to the bottom of it, and gain insight into why I feel this way. Thank you and God bless.
I think that most of our existence with Christ is to be a witness for Him and often that brings us to uncomfortable circumstances. Being grounded in Christ really helps to overcome the shock waves that sometimes come at different frequencies. I think satan has asked to sift all of us but remember that Jesus is in prayer for us as the High Priest. Sometimes all it takes is to be silent and know that He is God.
:prayer:

Upvote 0

Ash8676

Seeker of Answers To Life
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2013
So.Cal, Chino Hills
✟91,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Praying for you, that you have peace, comfort and that any attacks by the enemy be stopped. Praying for your loved ones to see that God is love and that one day they can experience his love, to see you made the right choice in following him.

Upvote 0

Romans 8

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟137,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

Hi Mathew, from what I've read it's normal as we are annointed as Christians. Many many people have demonic influence in their lives and you being a Christian will find yourself a target for no reason except that you hold light. Pray for your family and send them your love. I've read countless stories of family members converting as a result of submersion. Being a new Christian the devil will try and knock you off your path. Stay strong, hold your fort, and most importantly if not already, seek fellowship. I am praying for you, God Bless!

Upvote 0

Artra

The unforgivable sin is not repenting
Jan 31, 2019
United States
✟13,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you everyone, I was able to work out the situation and it should be better now :)

I always had to battle thoughts of paranoia. I've learned I jump to the conclusion that something absolutely evil is being done behind-the-scenes when I sense tension and incomplete information, even when I wasn't a Christian. I was an agoraphobic shut-in for a lot of my adolescence because of thinking in extremes and I'm just now starting to let go of that mentality completely. I know there's mental illness associated with that black-and-white thinking, but I realized there's also a Spiritual side to it that I've been neglecting as well, and I pray that I can heal from that past.

Please take care all of you :wave:

Upvote 0