Australia
✟10,800.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I remember seeing the ads for Sponsor a Child programs and thinking they were a bit cheesy. But I always wondered if they really worked. So I made a video exploring the scientific research. You might be pleasantly surprised to know that the little research that has been done is quite positive.

What has been your experience with Sponsor a Child programs?

Reactions: Sam91

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
"Savior Complex"?

I've always given because i know what it's like to be hungry, and sleep in the cold on concrete, etc.

It's called "compassion"....no strings attached, and it's because of an acute understanding of "dire" needs.

"Savior complex"?

Really?

Upvote 0

BibleUnboxed

Feb 3, 2020
Australia
✟10,800.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Savior Complex"?

I've always given because i know what it's like to be hungry, and sleep in the cold on concrete, etc.

It's called "compassion"....no strings attached, and it's because of an acute understanding of "dire" needs.

"Savior complex"?

Really?

Hey, that was what the Awards from RadiAid claimed not myself. I think it was because of the ad that they showed which didn't show the children in a positive light.

Thankfully the actual organisation is quite good and that's what the video highlighted.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey, that was what the Awards from RadiAid claimed not myself. I think it was because of the ad that they showed which didn't show the children in a positive light.

Thankfully the actual organisation is quite good and that's what the video highlighted.
Thank you for the clarification. :)

Upvote 0

BibleUnboxed

Feb 3, 2020
Australia
✟10,800.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wanted to sponsor a child last year but I'm worried about what hapoens if my circumstances change and I need to stop. Did you find out what happens to children when their sponsor can't continue?

I know that a % of Compassions money goes towards a pool of money to support kids if they no longer get a sponsor until they can get a new one. Not sure about other organisations

Upvote 0