Zayin7

Feb 12, 2017
Ngaruawahia
✟18,319.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look at it this way when we get old we won't have to deal with it as much lol.
Exactly... Which means dont dress to enhance the glory of the body. but in modesty .and be more concerned with glorifying God in your life.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Most men if not all LOOK At woman too many then also lust..too many look in order to lust. Thats thier goal in looking.
And its never demeaning to speak the truth .its sets us free.
No ones excusing then men.
But woman will be held before God fully accountable for thier action also.and for the motive of thier heart. Read the op. Its crying about the unwanted attention ..but it doesnt complain about great looking cool guys the right age ... So the attention is sought and then complained about when its the wrong groups attention. A total double standard.
Then read the signiture..ir reeks of rebellion . the scripture is full of advice which is being ignored here.
You seem to have issues with women. Or you must have had some experiences.

For one, I'm not an it...two I'm not crying about attention..you need help.

And I am taking peoples advice, I'm going to be enrolled in some karate or jui jitsu classes this summer.

Your post drips with bitter,self righteous misogyny

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Exactly... Which means dont dress to enhance the glory of the body. but in modesty .and be more concerned with glorifying God in your life.
Good bye. You aren't being help ful...you are full of bitterness.

I never said I walked out the house wearing a tank top. I was wearing a hoodie that was completely zipped up....and jogging pants...

So just stop. You aren't helpful and you sound really bitter. You have issues, please refrain from replying to my thread.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am the same age and I deal with the same thing and I go on internet dates often so I understand men pretty well and understand your situation. It's just something I accept being a woman. Had the same issue even when I was 12 and 14. Our society is over sexualized and some guys are perverts (notice I didn't say all) and some view women as sex objects regardless of age so some secular men are going to do that. All you can do is dress appropriately, don't go certain places alone or at night, be aware of your surroundings, and you could carry a Taser or something but if someone attacks you they could snatch the weapon and use it against you if you are in shock.... I used to have a Taser and pocket knife, but *shrugs* . Cell phone, self defense class, and running fast would be your best bet lol or scream loud and make a scene if a guy tried abducting you (I know women who have and it worked).

Point blank if they are just cat calling and looking you can't do much but ignore it. Look at it this way when we get old we won't have to deal with it as much lol.
Alright. I'm investing in a taser.
Thank you for a sensible answer.

Upvote 0

Zayin7

Feb 12, 2017
Ngaruawahia
✟18,319.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You seem to have issues with women. Or you must have had some experiences.

For one, I'm not an it...two I'm not crying about attention..you need help.

And I am taking peoples advice, I'm going to be enrolled in some karate or jui jitsu classes this summer.

Your post drips with bitter,self righteous misogyny
What your doing is ignoring the word of God.
And now your adding practices which orginate in eastern religions opposed the truth of the lord Jesus.
Just like your sig` says “no ones going to tell you......“ that is a rebellious attitude.Not a repentant heart seeking to deny self in order to follow and obey Jesus.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Lol... Gods gifts are irrevocable lol joking,...but maybe I should dress more homely for a while ..or at least if I'm alone.
I would be aware of how you dress, for sure, but that's not saying you wouldn't attract attention anyway. I know that if you're curvy, even a burlap sack wouldn't hide your shape. That said, I know a very attractive lady who lives alone, and just dresses so as not to attract attention, even wearing a ballcap so as not to attract attention. Truth is, you'd probably be doing a public service to some wives whose husbands would be likely to wolf-whistle at you...

Upvote 0

Haramis

Dancing on Rainbows
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2012
✟57,966.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Old creepy guys actually hit on me more when I'm dressed more conservatively. If I'm wearing short shorts and a tank top, an old guy isn't likely to hit on me. But try a full length dress that goes down to my ankles and the odds shoot up a lot.

Which is funny, because it has the opposite effect on guys I might actually be interested in.

Upvote 0

Near

In Christ we rise
Dec 7, 2012
✟24,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And now your adding practices which orginate in eastern religions opposed the truth of the lord Jesus.
Just like your sig` says “no ones going to tell you......“ that is a rebellious attitude.Not a repentant heart seeking to deny self in order to follow and obey Jesus.
Since when does self-defense go against the truth of Jesus?
Martial arts are just a form of self-defense. I'd bet that there are people who preform martial arts in a way that is religious in a non-christian context, but the same could be said for those who light candles. Regular people light candles, and so do people who practice Wicca.
Maybe for self-defense she shouldn't use martial-arts, but maybe she should go to the "pet store" to grab a Desert Eagle. I've heard that animal can really pack a punch.
Also, don't take the signature too seriously, they seem to be mere song lyrics. I wouldn't read too much into them.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I would be aware of how you dress, for sure, but that's not saying you wouldn't attract attention anyway. I know that if you're curvy, even a burlap sack wouldn't hide your shape. That said, I know a very attractive lady who lives alone, and just dresses so as not to attract attention, even wearing a ballcap so as not to attract attention. Truth is, you'd probably be doing a public service to some wives whose husbands would be likely to wolf-whistle at you...
That's the thing I was wearing a zipper up hoodie and baggy jogging pants. Nothing attractive about that.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My signature is just a song. Stop reading into things and stop taking out your repressed aggression on me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zayin7

Feb 12, 2017
Ngaruawahia
✟18,319.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since when does self-defense go against the truth of Jesus?
Martial arts are just a form of self-defense. I'd bet that there are people who preform martial arts in a way that is religious in a non-christian context, but the same could be said for those who light candles. Regular people light candles, and so do people who practice Wicca.
Maybe for self-defense she shouldn't use martial-arts, but maybe she should go to the "pet store" to grab a Desert Eagle. I've heard that animal can really pack a punch.
Also, don't take the signature too seriously, they seem to be mere song lyrics. I wouldn't read too much into them.
Oh how little people care these days for Gods will. They would rather shut him up and do what ever they will rather then love him and do whatever HE wills.

Trust in the arm of the flesh. If you want..I wil trust in God.

Upvote 0

Zayin7

Feb 12, 2017
Ngaruawahia
✟18,319.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My signature is just a song. Stop reading into things and stop taking out your repressed aggression on me.
Promoting godliness holiness and the will of God over the will of the flesh is repressed agression?
You asked advice but had a premeditated preference of what you wanted to hear.
Dont throw repeated nasty insults at me simply because you dint like my advice.

Upvote 0

Near

In Christ we rise
Dec 7, 2012
✟24,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh how little people care these days for Gods will. They would rather shut him up and do what ever they will rather then love him and do whatever HE wills.

Trust in the arm of the flesh. If you want..I wil trust in God.
I asked a question, you replied seemingly reiterating your belief that martial arts, "the arm of flesh" I assume, is somehow against Jesus. That doesn't actually show that martial arts is in fact against Jesus. If anything, I think not using a gun, such as the desert eagle, and instead using non-lethal means to counter an enemy is preferable if one desires to spare the life of an attacker. So, is it better to carry a loaded gun, or learn martial arts? Kill, or knock out?
Also, does Jesus promise us that we will not be physically harmed in any way by the people in the world? Will you condemn a person for wishing to protect themselves?
It's one thing to ask for advice, but I have a hard time believing your "advice" was put in the best way possible. The way I see it you gave backhanded advice, if that's what that was, and you could have said something in a less demeaning way.
But woman will be held before God fully accountable for thier action also.and for the motive of thier heart. Read the op. Its crying about the unwanted attention ..but it doesnt complain about great looking cool guys the right age ... So the attention is sought and then complained about when its the wrong groups attention. A total double standard.
Look at how you are saying that the OP fails to complain about great looking guys, therefore she is living a double standard.
That's like me complaining about getting slapped on the butt by old men, and you come along and tell me, "well, you complain about old men... but you aren't complaining about old women slapping you on the butt. Total double standard!"
I think it's reasonable to be creeped out by perverted old farts. That's what the OP mentioned, it doesn't seem to cry for attention at all... you're reading something that's not there, and remember:
Matthew 12:36
But I tell you that men will give an account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.

It's pretty careless to assume things that aren't so, and basically insult people.

Upvote 0

Haramis

Dancing on Rainbows
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2012
✟57,966.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And has He been willing for you to keep harassing OP, much in the same fashion as the men who are the very topic of the thread?

Upvote 0

Gabriel Anton

Exitus Acta Probat Acta Non Verba Deus Vult 11:18
May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is an issue because it really creeps me out, just now when one as walking with my little brother to the gym and a guy in a van slowed down...

And said ,well hello there..and other things. I don't know this guy at all so its awkward to do that to someone you don't know.

The day before another slowed down in a golf cart.

Even though I'm 25, I'm small height wise...and have been told I look 18.but also pretty curvy ...like its just creepy.....for someone to hit on a person that just looks that young...you know? Its just weird.

Any solutions?

It really makes me wary of living alone..

Peace be with you.

Be aware of your surroundings.

Having a taser and even doing self defence classes sound good.

But...

If there are 2 of them and they are working together, you won't know what hit you.

What I suggest here will sound strange but it actually works in real life.

Put on some weight if you fear attention, especially if you're naturally Attractive. Some people have problems putting on weight though.

If you're looking for an attractive mate, this might not be an option for you.

I also would like to add:

I get approached by young girls who think that I am young because I look young. I find many of them to be shallow minded and creepy even though they look fabulous and attractive. It gets even creepier when they start to talk about your sexual organs and what they want to do to you in front of you or behind you.

When they start talking to me even if they are really really Good Looking, if I cannot stand their behaviour, or the kind of words they use when they are talking, I just get turned off by them instead and avoid them.

You won't believe how many young creepy girls there are I tell you. It's scary out there.

God bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zayin7

Feb 12, 2017
Ngaruawahia
✟18,319.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I asked a question, you replied seemingly reiterating your belief that martial arts, "the arm of flesh" I assume, is somehow against Jesus. That doesn't actually show that martial arts is in fact against Jesus. If anything, I think not using a gun, such as the desert eagle, and instead using non-lethal means to counter an enemy is preferable if one desires to spare the life of an attacker. So, is it better to carry a loaded gun, or learn martial arts? Kill, or knock out?
Also, does Jesus promise us that we will not be physically harmed in any way by the people in the world? Will you condemn a person for wishing to protect themselves?
It's one thing to ask for advice, but I have a hard time believing your "advice" was put in the best way possible. The way I see it you gave backhanded advice, if that's what that was, and you could have said something in a less demeaning way.

Look at how you are saying that the OP fails to complain about great looking guys, therefore she is living a double standard.
That's like me complaining about getting slapped on the butt by old men, and you come along and tell me, "well, you complain about old men... but you aren't complaining about old women slapping you on the butt. Total double standard!"
I think it's reasonable to be creeped out by perverted old farts. That's what the OP mentioned, it doesn't seem to cry for attention at all... you're reading something that's not there, and remember:
Matthew 12:36
But I tell you that men will give an account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.

It's pretty careless to assume things that aren't so, and basically insult people.
Assuming things carelessly and speaking carelessly are rather different.
And your broaching a number of different topics.
Albeit ,it changes nothing. Advising a person does Marshall arts is godless advice and faithless .

Upvote 0

Zayin7

Feb 12, 2017
Ngaruawahia
✟18,319.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And has He been willing for you to keep harassing OP, much in the same fashion as the men who are the very topic of the thread?
So you too think it is wrong to speak what the word of God states ,as advice?
You see many are ignoring the advice shared.
To adorn oneself with the inner beauty of Holiness . such a person who walks in holiness ,living in surrender to Jesus,becomes more concerned to mind the things of the spirit rather then the things of the flesh.
You want to treat all men and woman as souls in dire need of salvation. So say good morning how are you and then begin to share the gospel with them ..because Jesus said we are to do so and when we do so he is with us and nothing shall by any means harm us.
Do we believe him...?
Therein lays the real question.
For those that truly believe him ,then act accordingly .

Upvote 0

mnphysicist

Have Courage to Trust God!
May 11, 2005
South East Minnesota (east of Rochester)
Visit site
✟57,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Egads the patriarchalism in this thread... :( Guys, both young and old need to take responsibility and exercise self control. Temptation is your problem, and your problem alone. If you choose to try and victim blame rather than fleeing from it, you are the one with the problem.

That being said, Jesus words in Matthew 10:6 come to mind... the wise as serpent, innocent as doves thing.

Snakes are pretty good at situation awareness, and thus and really good at evading danger. However, when cornered, watch out big time, some can be lethal. Thus I think situational awareness training, as well as escape training are helpful. I also think self defense preparedness in some form is a good idea. Not only as a means of protection, but also as a means of confidence / peace of mind.

But with such, also comes a responsibility, not to use it unless its absolutely necessary. This requires discernment and wisdom. It takes time and discipline, so you will know how to react should the need ever arise.

The innocent as doves thing is trickier. Remember, the turn the cheek thing is not doormat mode, rather it is sending a very hard core message to the offender that such is not acceptable. Be that as it may, such may not be received as such... you may have to go further. Remember, if said behaviors are not stopped, other innocent parties may also be injured. And yet, you don't want to kill someone or break someone's leg over a verbal assault... such is where proportional response and training kicks in.

Yes, buying a personal alarm, pepper spray, martial arts gear, or even a taser might be a good idea... but if you don't train with it, and know how and when to use it, well... when the chips are down, it could be a greater liability than a help. As folks mentioned above, martial arts is an option in this, but its not the only one... and the anti-eastern sentiment concerning such is hogwash. The Christian church is worldwide, and the Gospel is far from US or patriarchal culture selective. Throw that extraneous noise in the garbage... not that you should blindly adopt the faith practices of your teacher. Again, wise as a serpent, innocent as a dove applies.

Upvote 0