I enjoy Jazz.

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately it’s the a music form that I don’t have much experience with . The pawn shop by my bustop plays smooth jazz all the time and I enjoy it. I’ll turn off my phone (currently playing the Spinners )and listen to the pawn shop music

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I like some, yes. Sometimes the laid back stuff (not "smooth jazz", so much), sometimes with a little more oomph. The main thing is that there be some soul in it.

(Sorry about the sound quality on the last one. I know it's a bit muffled, but it's from a 1970 film featuring Azerbaijani jazz pianist and composer Rafik Babaev and his ensemble. It's hard to find classic footage from the Soviet period that has super clear audio.)

Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,284.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am enjoying instrumental smooth jazz because it really helps me relax. Is there any one on here that enjoys Jazz too?

I'm really fond of classic 70's to 90's crossovers ever since I was little. Ironically, they are becoming popular again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Did someone say Colombian jazz harp virtuoso?

...well I did.

Edmar Casteneda. The only time I've ever been blown away by a harp. I immediately had to find his CD (quite difficult, but worth it). I still can't believe that all of those sounds are coming out of his harp alone. There's not bass or guitar or anything. It just sounds like he fit a full stringed backing section in his hands somehow! I first heard him like 3 years ago thanks to NPR and I still can't get over it.

Upvote 0