• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I doubted my salvation now I can't feel God

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟143,890.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was watching some sermons last evening and began to have doubts over whether or not I was ever saved. Now I can't feel God anymore and this demonic entity seems to have more power over me. I am no longer able to sleep very well.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was watching some sermons last evening and began to have doubts over whether or not I was ever saved. Now I can't feel God anymore and this demonic entity seems to have more power over me. I am no longer able to sleep very well.

Maybe this will help. God does not ever use doubt the enemy does. With God it has to be faith for with out faith we can never please Him. So that being said think.. who would have you doubt your saved? Not God.. we know the enemy can only lie. So flip what enemy said.. you ARE saved.. He is with you oh.. so much more then you know. The enemy sees it and is trying to rob you. The enemys not going to tell you GOD Is not around you can't feel Him ..your not saved.. if your not saved.

So no matter what you feel hear say.. walk by faith that is know John 3 16-17 are true. You are His HE will never ever leave you. He is not man. So when He said He loves you and will never forsake you.. yeah there is NOTHING you can do.. He will never leave. He does not judge you nor condemn you. He died so you might be free. We goof up we repent.. we get up dust off keep going.. and CHRIST still here. See He said.. what Christ started in YOU He WILL not maybe not might .. but WILL finish it.. in JESUS name

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I went through this very thing when I was saved. I was a staunch atheist who found himself suddenly confronted with the reality of God and my own mortality. So, when I decided to give myself to Him, it wasn't an easy thing because I suddenly felt that everything I ever believed morally was wrong. There were many nights I couldn't sleep because I was having panic attacks, but I kept going.

God isn't a feeling. He's always there no matter what. What helped me a lot of those times was listening to worship music. I remember one bad panic attack I was happening and I started listening to a worship album. It was SonicFlood's live version and suddenly the Holy Spirit gave me this overwhelming sense of peace. Over time, the panic attacks dwindled. I still get them from time to time, but that's mainly due to a lot of trauma I've faced in my life.

Just hang in there. Keep praying, keep reading the word, listen to worship music. The bible says that God inhabits our worship.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Read the Bible - and remember no Bible text stops you from saying to God every day - "In the name of Jesus I claim repentance and I accept you as My Lord and Savior - I choose to forsake my sins and submit to the Holy Spirit's leading in my life".

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
began to have doubts over whether or not I was ever saved.

Do you ever doubt your cityzenship of America?
Why do you doubt something that is not under your control?
Salvation is a gift from God, given to you and held for you by God.

God knows that All of us would loose, chuck out, breack or otherwise do away with our salvation if he left it in our hands.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world". Our walk with Jesus Christ of Nazareth includes overcoming the adversary. Turn from his temptation and deception and walk in the light Jesus Christ of Nazareth had promised you from the beginning,. Go back to your first love. Blessings

Upvote 0