I dont want to wait...

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I know that there are plenty of things that God still wants me to do (although what idk). I know my wife would be extremely saddened if I suddenly died, I know that I HAVE to wait just like every other Christian. But, I want to be with Jesus RIGHT NOW. I don't want to have to wait for death. You know what's unfair? The thief on the cross didn't even have to wait a day for paradise. I've been waiting since November 2013. That's a LONG time to wait to be with God. I want to be with God NOW!

I WILL wait because I HAVE to and because God and my wife WANT me to. But honestly? I want to be cured now. I know I don't have to wait for Eternal life. I've always had it but... I don't want to have to wait to be with God. I want to be with my Lord and Savior now! Does anyone else feel this way? Will I ever get through this?

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I'm from England I'm used to waiting have you ever tried getting a train or a bus here

I've never been to England but I've heard stories from people I know who live and are from there. Apparently its hard to get a train or a bus? But still you don't have to wait for 20+ years to get a bus either. It seems like a forever wait (even though time just zooms right by)

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I understand bro, We all have the Burger King mentality, We want it our way and we want it now.
James 1:2-4
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know that there are plenty of things that God still wants me to do (although what idk). I know my wife would be extremely saddened if I suddenly died, I know that I HAVE to wait just like every other Christian. But, I want to be with Jesus RIGHT NOW. I don't want to have to wait for death. You know what's unfair? The thief on the cross didn't even have to wait a day for paradise. I've been waiting since November 2013. That's a LONG time to wait to be with God. I want to be with God NOW!

I WILL wait because I HAVE to and because God and my wife WANT me to. But honestly? I want to be cured now. I know I don't have to wait for Eternal life. I've always had it but... I don't want to have to wait to be with God. I want to be with my Lord and Savior now! Does anyone else feel this way? Will I ever get through this?

"The thief on the cross didn't even have to wait a day for paradise."
ummmm...
We know this not to be true ... because of the book of Acts ... Jesus himself did not ascend to heaven that very day.

John 20 - 2 days after His crucifixion - Jesus Appears to Mary

17 Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

Acts 1

1In my first book, O Theophilus, I wrote about all that Jesus began to do and to teach, 2until the day He was taken up to heaven, after giving instructions through the Holy Spirit to the apostles He had chosen. 3After His suffering, He presented Himself to them with many convincing proofs that He was alive. He appeared to them over a span of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God.

We know from the Bible that Jesus ascended 10 days before Pentecost and that He was crucified during the Passover. So, that would mean he was on earth approximately 40 days before His ascension.

There were 10 days between His ascension and Pentecost. How do we know this? Jesus arose from the dead on the Feast of Firstfruits (the Jewish festival of Shavuoth) A "wave offering" was made on this day Leviticus 23:9-10. The Feast of Weeks, also known as Pentecost (from the Greek word "Pentekoste" meaning fiftieth -50th) began 50 days after the wave offering Leviticus 23:15-16, Deuteronomy 16:9-10. Jesus was on the Earth for 40 days before His ascension Acts 1:3.

Acts 1 - Jesus appears to the disciples and ascends into heaven

... 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
9 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.
10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them.
11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

God Bless.

Upvote 0

StrivingFollower

Oct 20, 2017
South
✟35,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yea it's a tough wait sometimes. I feel like I'd hop at a chance to be a martyr even if it was extremely painful lol...

Edit: But I will say what keeps me going is that there is something special to having a tough day filled with disappointments and pain and it feels like my vision is so dim, and yet there's God there subtly comforting me. It's like looking at a nice little sunset. It's a small light, but it's so piercing and beautiful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
"The thief on the cross didn't even have to wait a day for paradise."
ummmm...
We know this not to be true ... because of the book of Acts ... Jesus himself did not ascend to heaven that very day.
Actually that "paradise" was not heaven, but was Abraham's bosom where the OT saints were, They had not ascended as of yet. After Christ descended, and then ascended, Hell enlarged herself Is 5:14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 16:19-31 - New International Version

Reactions: Call me Nic
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actually that "paradise" was not heaven, but was Abraham's bosom where the OT saints were, They had not ascended as of yet. After Christ descended, and then ascended, Hell enlarged herself Is 5:14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 16:19-31 - New International Version

ok ... before more discussion on this ... do you believe
the account of the rich man and Lazarus is a parable or not?

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
ok ... before more discussion on this ... do you believe
the account of the rich man and Lazarus is a parable or not?
Well since the Word doesn't say it is a parable, I have to believe it would be true.
Jesus told many parables but He stated that they were parables first.
I didn't mean to start a debate here friend, I just wanted to show the other side and let the OP choose. I do take the bible as literally as possible.

Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Friend, your zeal reminds me of the Apostle Paul who said "I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:" and I am happy for you in that.

However, notice that Paul also says in the next breath, "Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you." You said you didn't know what God would want you to do with your life while on earth, but the Bible answers your question. "Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." It is a time of repentance, and we the NT church is charged with being the frontiersmen, just as the Apostles were. So, if you don't already, I encourage you to increase your evangelistic efforts, which not only will cause many to hear the gospel, allowing many to believe, but will secure eternal treasures for you awaiting in heaven.

Disclaimer: this post is encouragement only, and not meant for debate.

God bless, friend.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well since the Word doesn't say it is a parable, I have to believe it would be true.
I didn't mean to start a debate here friend, I just wanted to show the other side and let the OP choose. I do take the bible as literally as possible.

I understand ... yeah that's what we do in here ... show different beliefs and put forth why one believes it ... it certainly is up to each what they study out for themselves and believe ... so ..
"debate" (I don't like that word) as long as it don't become vile and with personal attacks etc ... then I think discussion about scriptures is a good thing.

Merry Christmas to all and God Bless all .... I go now and have a ton of things to do ;o)

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I understand ... yeah that's what we do in here ... show different beliefs and put forth why one believes it ... it certainly is up to each what they study out for themselves and believe ... so ..
"debate" (I don't like that word) as long as it don't become vile and with personal attacks etc ... then I think discussion about scriptures is a good thing.

Merry Christmas to all and God Bless all .... I go now and have a ton of things to do ;o)
Merry Christmas to you as well :]

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Somehow, and I guess I'm obviously wrong on this.... but I would think if you had a family you would be more likely to be content with life.

I understand everything you are saying. But I'm a single guy, that sucks at everything in life. I have no career. No family. 41 years old, and have nothing to show for it, except a future as bleak as my past.

So I am extremely motivated for death and moving on to eternity! If I died in the next five minutes, it would likely be a month before anyone noticed I wasn't around. No friends, no buddies, no wife or kids, no close relatives, no career of any kind, just a lousy low-pay job a monkey trained off the street could do... just nothing.

But you have a wife. Does that not provide you with at least someone who cares, and you are glad to be with? Don't you have something in this world worth having? It sounds to me like you at least have some blessings in this life that are worth holding onto, and being thankful for this Christmas.

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the replies guys. I know the apostle Paul struggled with this too as probably did every apostle. But they knew that their lives were also important to God. They had stuff to do in their lives just like I have stuff to do. I have to lose as much weight as I possibly can this winter so that my wife and I can start a family. At least I'm assuming that's why we haven't been blessed with children yet. I think once we are blessed with children the wait would be a lot easier. But yeah I need to lose as much weight as possible over the winter I've already lost like 10 lbs. Oh and I need to get into the habit of reading my bible everyday instead of like once a week. Yeah there's a lot of stuff I could be doing to make the wait easier. The good news is that time goes by really fast and the years just zoom by. So 20-30 years won't really be that long of a wait. And then if have an eternity of bliss to look forward to and the wait won't feel like very long at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Somehow, and I guess I'm obviously wrong on this.... but I would think if you had a family you would be more likely to be content with life.

I understand everything you are saying. But I'm a single guy, that sucks at everything in life. I have no career. No family. 41 years old, and have nothing to show for it, except a future as bleak as my past.

So I am extremely motivated for death and moving on to eternity! If I died in the next five minutes, it would likely be a month before anyone noticed I wasn't around. No friends, no buddies, no wife or kids, no close relatives, no career of any kind, just a lousy low-pay job a monkey trained off the street could do... just nothing.

But you have a wife. Does that not provide you with at least someone who cares, and you are glad to be with? Don't you have something in this world worth having? It sounds to me like you at least have some blessings in this life that are worth holding onto, and being thankful for this Christmas.
Andrew I agree with your post.

I can also relate to a lot in your post.

By the worlds standards I would be classed a "loser" never married, some disabilities therefore no job, live alone etc etc and I long for heaven but I realise that God in His wisdom has put me where I am so I trust totally in Him.
I am utterly dependant upon God and this world holds little appeal to me.

Its not always easy but as time goes on I am content where I am.
And that can only come from God.
All glory, honour and praise to Him alone.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

What do you need to be cured of

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for the replies guys. I know the apostle Paul struggled with this too as probably did every apostle. But they knew that their lives were also important to God. They had stuff to do in their lives just like I have stuff to do. I have to lose as much weight as I possibly can this winter so that my wife and I can start a family. At least I'm assuming that's why we haven't been blessed with children yet. I think once we are blessed with children the wait would be a lot easier. But yeah I need to lose as much weight as possible over the winter I've already lost like 10 lbs. Oh and I need to get into the habit of reading my bible everyday instead of like once a week. Yeah there's a lot of stuff I could be doing to make the wait easier. The good news is that time goes by really fast and the years just zoom by. So 20-30 years won't really be that long of a wait. And then if have an eternity of bliss to look forward to and the wait won't feel like very long at all.
Goals are good.

Concentrate on starting your family and assuming the role as spiritual leader for your wife and yourself.

Strengthen your relationship so when you do start your family your spiritual life in Christ will be strong.

God bless you. I hope God brings you His peace.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

ok back to this ... parables

Which of these are parables or are not parables?

The Lost Sheep
The Lost Coin
The Prodigal Son
The Shrewd Manager
The Law and the Prophets

Upvote 0