pinkjess

There she goes...at the speed of sound
Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
So I have a question I hope I can get some feedback on. I used to feel like I did not need anybody and that I wanted to do life all by myself. I told myself I would be celibate so I could serve in homeless shelters all of my life and have a ministry on the streets. I based my expectations on the fact that when I was younger I told my mom I didn't want to be married or have kids.

When I was 20 years old my mom became ill with cancer and sadly passed away one week after my 21st birthday. Through the experience I learned life was harder than I thought and that I did not want to go through it alone. Physically alone that is. I knew I had God and He would never leave me, but I felt I wanted someone by my side to share life with.

I went through ups and downs concerning this desire. Sometimes I would feel like God wanted me to be celibate and live by myself so I could throw myself into serving others (which I now think was because I was scared of relationships). The more I think about it now, the less I want to do it. I am not so sure that was God's plan for my life after all, even though I really thought it was in the past.

I miss the feeling of having a family unit. My dad and brother all have their separate lives now and we do not live together anymore but in different cities. I did not know how much I would miss us all living together as much as I do. There is something that makes me feel secure about living with another person. Routine is made more exciting and more memories are made it seems, and it is a lot less lonesome. I look back to childhood and reminisce on the family dinners at the table and the weekly grocery trips we all went on. I miss it. It made me feel safe and secure.

I am an adult now and I feel very unstable and insecure about life. I am dealing with some health difficulties on top of major life changes. I do not like living by myself and I get lonely. I know Jesus is with me and I pray everyday. I am growing closer to Him because of this difficult circumstance. Thankfully I have my sister and her family I can spend time with, but at the end of the day I am back home and remember how vulnerable I feel. This life is so scary and I just want a partner to go through it with.

What I want to know is, is this biblical for me to feel I need someone to go through life with? To feel vulnerable and want someone beside me? I feel like the independent woman I wanted to be is not what I want anymore. I can't do life by myself. I don't want to anymore.

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So I have a question I hope I can get some feedback on. I used to feel like I did not need anybody and that I wanted to do life all by myself. I told myself I would be celibate so I could serve in homeless shelters all of my life and have a ministry on the streets. I based my expectations on the fact that when I was younger I told my mom I didn't want to be married or have kids.

When I was 20 years old my mom became ill with cancer and sadly passed away one week after my 21st birthday. Through the experience I learned life was harder than I thought and that I did not want to go through it alone. Physically alone that is. I knew I had God and He would never leave me, but I felt I wanted someone by my side to share life with.

I went through ups and downs concerning this desire. Sometimes I would feel like God wanted me to be celibate and live by myself so I could throw myself into serving others (which I now think was because I was scared of relationships). The more I think about it now, the less I want to do it. I am not so sure that was God's plan for my life after all, even though I really thought it was in the past.

I miss the feeling of having a family unit. My dad and brother all have their separate lives now and we do not live together anymore but in different cities. I did not know how much I would miss us all living together as much as I do. There is something that makes me feel secure about living with another person. Routine is made more exciting and more memories are made it seems, and it is a lot less lonesome. I look back to childhood and reminisce on the family dinners at the table and the weekly grocery trips we all went on. I miss it. It made me feel safe and secure.

I am an adult now and I feel very unstable and insecure about life. I am dealing with some health difficulties on top of major life changes. I do not like living by myself and I get lonely. I know Jesus is with me and I pray everyday. I am growing closer to Him because of this difficult circumstance. Thankfully I have my sister and her family I can spend time with, but at the end of the day I am back home and remember how vulnerable I feel. This life is so scary and I just want a partner to go through it with.

What I want to know is, is this biblical for me to feel I need someone to go through life with? To feel vulnerable and want someone beside me? I feel like the independent woman I wanted to be is not what I want anymore. I can't do life by myself. I don't want to anymore.

Genesis 2:18-24 suggests that many of us are made for marriage and need companionship.

St. Paul also talks on it at times.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Ask for your soul mate if it is God's will for your life and see what happens. Granted, I prayed for several decades for my soul mate and waited upon the Lord faithfully for that person, but they did come into my life (Half away across the globe). My soul mate who had a passion for the Lord like I did. Have faith. For you can move mountains with your faith (if it is in alignment with the will of God). Believe deep down there is someone for you. For I do not believe God intended for everyone to be alone. If a person is longing for that missing someone, chances are that missing someone or other half is out there for them. Just do not be desperate. Make sure you pray, pray, pray and choose the right man of God who wants to truly live for Jesus. You will know. When you meet them. That is how it was with my wife and I. We knew instantly that we wanted to be together in marriage when we met each other in person. It was like we were long lost friends.

I will pray for you on this.

May God bless you today.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was going to say it is biblical because God created Eve for Adam.

He created us to have husbands and wives. We are never truly alone because we have the Holy Spirit so share these thoughts and feelings with Him too, while making the effort to build deeper relations in Christian fellowship until you meet your future husband.

Upvote 0

Brad NLN

Aug 23, 2018
body
✟15,601.00
Country
Afghanistan
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It depends what you want to do in your life. When you get married you are sacrificing so much to your wife. If you are desperate the best you can do is ask God to give you a wife and He will reveal her to you if He wants you to be with someone. Otherwise, if you just rush and take matters into your own hands you wont get the hand picked wife of the Lord.

You said "(which I now think was because I was scared of relationships)." Why do you think that fear was imposed on you? Why do you no longer fear?

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

It's funny how we humans, think we know what we want, until we get a real taste of it..... isn't Jess?

It's much easier to say "life is better alone" when you are still with someone. Even if it was your mother, not a husband, it's easier to say it's better to be alone, when you are not actually alone.

Now you are actually alone... and it doesn't feel quite as freeing as you thought.

Fact is... most people are not able or capable of being alone.

I'm one of them. I've been entirely alone for most of my life now. It doesn't bother me. In fact, I had a roomy renting from me for awhile, and it bothered me when they were there. I am in fact, better off alone.

But I know I am a random chance. Not a defacto standard. Most people need someone in their lives.

Why do you think women who become nuns, don't just live alone as a nun... they join a monastery. So they can actually live together. Because people are designed to need companionship.

Now, do I recommend you join a monastery? That's not something I can answer for you. I don't know what you need to do.

But there is nothing abnormal about you wanting to be with someone else.

All I can say, is that getting a husband is going to be more than just companionship, and I think you understand what I mean.

The only real advice I have for you, is be very careful. If you are feeling lonely, I would first engage yourself in more ministry, or charity, or clubs, or something social.

You need to do that first. Why? Because if you decide to find a husband, and you are being driven by loneliness, that's when women typically jump on the wrong horse. Being driven by loneliness, is a great way to end up with the wrong guy. Too many guys know exactly how to pretend to be the fix for a women's loneliness. You need to go into a relationship with a man, with a clear 'down-to-earth' head on your shoulders, so you can find a good one. Not the first pretty face, that says "I'll be there for you!".

Dirty men, know how to sniff out desperately lonely women.

So make sure you are asking G-d for wisdom if you search for a good man. And be patient.

:)

• Friendly
Reactions: pinkjess
Upvote 0