Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My wife and I have a long time friend. He inherited a degenerative nervous disease from his mother. I remember talking to him years ago. He told me he didn't want to go to Heaven, he just wanted it to be over.

As his condition deteriorated, a couple years back he moved back to his home state to be closer to his sisters and to move into assisted living. One of the last things he told us is that he was just hoping for one decent meal a day.

We got news recently that he passed away. I wonder how it turned for him.

Prayers appreciated for the repose of the soul of our friend, Gordy.

May the perpetual light shine upon him. :crossrc:

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My wife and I have a long time friend. He inherited a degenerative nervous disease from his mother. I remember talking to him years ago. He told me he didn't want to go to Heaven, he just wanted it to be over.

As his condition deteriorated, a couple years back he moved back to his home state to be closer to his sisters and to move into assisted living. One of the last things he told us is that he was just hoping for one decent meal a day.

We all would like this earth to be over with.
Then we take a breath and paste on a smile
and fake it till we make it. For some it's easier
to fake it than for others.

• Agree
Reactions: anjelica
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

If he knew Jesus as his Saviour, which most Catholic believers do, then that is where he is right now and loving every moment of it!

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It can be a slow hard slog here.

Heaven or oblivion would be a blessing to many.

Prayers for Gordy ...

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

Jordan Henshaw

Jan 14, 2018
PA
✟17,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
If he knew Jesus as his Saviour, which most Catholic believers do, then that is where he is right now and loving every moment of it!

Actually he is dead right now. No one goes to heaven OR hell until the after second resurrection. Revelation chapter 20.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Actually he is dead right now. No one goes to heaven OR hell until the after second resurrection. Revelation chapter 20.
Well... that being as maybe... he is certainly in a much better place now without the pain and suffering he had. So, you don't believe that the dead in Christ are conscious somewhere else? What about Paul's comment, "Absent from the body, present with the Lord?" If a person's spirit is made alive in Christ, then when the body dies, where does the spirit go? Or do you believe in "soul sleep"? Not debating, just askin'...

Upvote 0

Jordan Henshaw

Jan 14, 2018
PA
✟17,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Well... that being as maybe... he is certainly in a much better place now without the pain and suffering he had. So, you don't believe that the dead in Christ are conscious somewhere else? What about Paul's comment, "Absent from the body, present with the Lord?" If a person's spirit is made alive in Christ, then when the body dies, where does the spirit go? Or do you believe in "soul sleep"? Not debating, just askin'...

Our souls go to the same place they go when we sleep.

Upvote 0

Arthur B Via

Art
Supporter
Dec 26, 2016
✟63,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

The Gospel of Luke 6:20 will give you leave my friend. God bless you...

Upvote 0