• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

I don't want to deal with difficult people

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by Christgirl67, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Christgirl67

Christgirl67 Active Member

+229
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Lately, I keep running across difficult people that I have to deal with. I know as Christians we are called to show people grace and mercy, but it makes me upset when people mistreat me, and I just have to forgive them and deal with it. I am always careful with my words because I try to keep the peace, but I do not think it's fair that some people are so mean and will hurt you, especially family. How should I deal with difficult people?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy A person of low ability. Supporter

+5,636
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Don't be afraid to 'disown' difficult family members. Of course this is not easy if you are a minor living in the same house. My older brother was abusive to me and our younger sister, so we avoided him. Later in life he and I became very close. Sadly he and our sister never did. He was remorseful concerning his past behavior, but our sister was so offended that they never reconciled.

I'm older now and avoid close relationships altogether. Life is good.

3. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+26,056
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Yes, close relationships can be very trying. The few I have tax me sorely, but sometimes it is good.

4. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy A person of low ability. Supporter

+5,636
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Yes, it's good to see old friends, but not too often.

5. Andrew77

Andrew77 The walking accident Supporter

+897
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
    I would need more information to give a good answer. But based on what you said, this is what you are called to do. Forgive, and keep being right before G-d.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Christgirl67

Christgirl67 Active Member

+229
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Its just some people in my family are very difficult to deal with. I have several people in my family who, if I tell them the truth about a situation, they get upset and will block my number and stop talking to me for months until they feel like it. And its over simple basic situations that I think are not that serious. For example, me and one of my family members were discussing a issues about race( I am African American). One of my family members cannot stahd talking about race, but she jumped in the issue as soon as I stated my opinion, and called me out of my name. She apologized, but ever since then, she still will jump down my thought if I have a opinion that differs from her, and with no hesitation will call me out of my name and attack me personally. I am just really tired of dealing with that.

7. Andrew77

Andrew77 The walking accident Supporter

+897
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Here's a popular one, about dealing with jerks.

8. Joined2krist

Joined2krist Active Member

+188
    Catholic
    Single
    We are all called to love our neighbours as ourselves. Yes, some people can be difficult to deal with but we should still show them love even if we don't always agree with each other