5qwerty

Aug 6, 2010
✟15,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I have just joined.

I have believed in Jesus most of my life, but now I have decided to get serious about my faith. Though I have some things that I'm not quite sure about.

1. What exactly is belief? I know that I can only enter through the gates of Heaven through the blood of Christ, but is that belief?

2. The book of Romans says that you won't sin after you have accepted Christ. Though I know that I'm bound to sin in the future. What does this all mean?

3. Those whose names are not found on the Book of Life will perish for Eternity. When we believe in Christ and begin to live for him, are our names added to the book of life, or was there a certain set of names from the Beginning? This concept frightens me a lot.

4. Only a minimal amount of people can go through the straight, narrow, path. This scares me a lot too. Because the Bible said that He will turn some people's hearts to stone, doesn't it mean they're predestined to die?

5. What is the best way to spread the Gospel; the free gift of righteousness and love? My parents say that you should carry out your faith as actions, and people will slowly understand.

6. How do I strengthen my relationship with Christ? I want to get closer to him, and serve him. I also don't want to go to hell.

7. I don't understand why I'm not entirely happy with my new life. My dad said that becoming with Christ is like getting cured from a sickness; you slowly recover. I'm scared that God will punish me if I don't have complete happiness in Him.

8. How can I live for Jesus? I am praying that I can be a servant of God to help other people get closer to him. So do I use my Spiritual Gifts to honor him?

9. In the future, what will happen if I develop Amnesia? Will I still be counted as a child of God? How will I be judged? Or will He protect me from it?

10. To be accepted into Heaven, does one need to be baptized? I am thinking about being baptized this Christmas, though this was just a question that came in my mind.

Thank you, my Brothers and Sisters, for reading this Thread. If this doesn't belong here, please move it to the correct location.

Last edited:

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I have believed in Jesus most of my life, but now I have decided to get serious about my faith. Though I have some things that I'm not quite sure about.
Welcome, and get ready. It's a pretty wild ride.
1. What exactly is belief? I know that I can only enter through the gates of Heaven through the blood of Christ, but is that belief?
"Belief" is a translation of a Greek term which is often translated "faith". It can mean a couple of things in Greek. When the word is used like this: "I believe that" or more woodenly in Greek, "I believe regarding/about", it means you hold a viewpoint or an understanding about the object. This phrase can be used with personal or non-personal objects.

It's used occasionally this way, even in Scripture.

But Scripture uses a different term much more often: "believe in/on/into". In this case, the object is also a personal noun. It's close, but not perfectly aligned, with the English, "I have faith in you." It really means you rely on the person for what they have claimed they will do. In Christianity this reliance is often stated as exclusive, too -- that is, you are not intending to mix your reliance on Christ, with reliance on other things like good actions or your good family name or ritual.

In this more common construction in the New Testament it directly means, "rely on/in".
2. The book of Romans says that you won't sin after you have accepted Christ. Though I know that I'm bound to sin in the future. What does this all mean?
Um, where? Do you mean, "For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God." Rom 8:13-14

This will sound a little odd, but if you're into language differences, it can be pretty interesting. Of course I like this stuff: if you don't, I can at least give you an idea how to read it so it won't mess you up.

OK, the long description. In Greek, present tense is often understood in a continuing sense. That is, you know how we have to say "John is reading the paper" to focus on the fact that it's happening at this moment? Greek doesn't need that. If you had a translation of this statement from a Greek speaker, it would say "John reads the paper". Y'see, English's present tense has this "aorist" or "overall unit" meaning to it by default. Greek doesn't -- it has its own aorist tense, which is actually a different word.

So what does that mean? Well, when you see a present-tense verb, you should try it out in continuing sense before concluding that the writer means something is accomplished. In Romans 8:13-14 then, this is what Paul actually said:

"For if you keep living according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, because those who are being led by the Spirit of God are sons of God." Rom 8:13-14

Please note: you can only do this with present-tense verbs (well, participles too, but ...). And also note, if the present tense verb has a "not" in front of it -- very special things could happen, which might invalidate what you're looking at (and sometimes they do something completely different). However, it's a good rule of thumb to "jiggle" the meaning of a present-tense verb so you can get the real sense the author intended.

For what it's worth, I've seen the English Standard Version of the Bible has translated First John this way. I would strongly recommend this book in the ESV, if you want to see how the meaning changes in comparison with say the King James / New King James / NAS translations.

Anyway, if this is the verse you meant to ask about in Romans -- you can see now, Paul's not talking about you putting a stop to all sins. He's talking about making an effort in the present time to live according to the Spirit, Who is gradually reducing our sinfulness.

There're a lot of questions here, so I'll leave off for now and let us know if there's one in particular you feel is really important to you right now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GaryP

Apr 28, 2009
✟8,966.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Private
I am only going to focus on #4. Turn to Mark 15:38. The Temple Curtain is torn. That
means the Temple is now open.

God has opened a door, If you want to Go to the Father in Heaven, This is the path.
Matt 7:14. Few will enter.

Or you can stare at the cross, ( it is empty ) or enter the Tomb.

Most enter the tomb, ( it's a dead end ) and wait for the future.

Upvote 0

5qwerty

Aug 6, 2010
✟15,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for replying, I really needed to hear that.

I sort of meant Romans 6:1.
Where Paul asks if we should keep sinning so that the grace of God may increase.
The part I don't really understand is if there is a difference in sinning after being saved, and sinning before being saved. I dunno, like understanding that you're sinning, or something like that.

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just an overall comment, too. Mull over where this fear is coming from.

God is not waiting to be impressed by how well you "do" this. This is not a test for entry into "Heaven University". In point of fact, it's easy "My yoke is light". God is actually intensely interested and involved in coming to your aid. "For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering." Rom 8:3 God is doing it. In fact He's doing it all. When we die, there won't be any works to impress God. So we shouldn't expect that our good works or strong performance will impress or dissuade God today.

He will cheer us on and encourage us for doing things well -- but not because we do them well. Because God is our Father, and He knows our good works do us and others good. But we should rely on God, because God has already done what's needed for our salvation. The only thing that's left for us is to respond gratefully -- because that results from relying on Him.

Upvote 0

5qwerty

Aug 6, 2010
✟15,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am only going to focus on #4. Turn to Mark 15:38. The Temple Curtain is torn. That
means the Temple is now open.

God has opened a door, If you want to Go to the Father in Heaven, This is the path.
Matt 7:14. Few will enter.

Or you can stare at the cross, ( it is empty ) or enter the Tomb.

Most enter the tomb, ( it's a dead end ) and wait for the future.
Sorry for double posting, but I posted when you posted.

Does that mean I should stare at the Cross? What is it a symbol for in real life? Honor God with everything I have, and love my neighbor as myself?

Upvote 0

5qwerty

Aug 6, 2010
✟15,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just an overall comment, too. Mull over where this fear is coming from.

God is not waiting to be impressed by how well you "do" this. This is not a test for entry into "Heaven University". In point of fact, it's easy "My yoke is light". God is actually intensely interested and involved in coming to your aid. "For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering." Rom 8:3 God is doing it. In fact He's doing it all. When we die, there won't be any works to impress God. So we shouldn't expect that our good works or strong performance will impress or dissuade God today.

He will cheer us on and encourage us for doing things well -- but not because we do them well. Because God is our Father, and He knows our good works do us and others good. But we should rely on God, because God has already done what's needed for our salvation. The only thing that's left for us is to respond gratefully -- because that results from relying on Him.
So do I live my life for Jesus Christ?

Do everything in his Honor?

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for replying, I really needed to hear that.

I sort of meant Romans 6:1.
Where Paul asks if we should keep sinning so that the grace of God may increase.
Here Paul is asking an outrageous rhetorical question -- "Should we keep sinning in order to get more favor? Of course not!" So Paul's intent here is not to say, "Don't sin any more". His intent is to say, "Don't think sinning is valuable, don't think it'll get you more favor from God -- that's ludicrous." If you were to scan Romans, Romans 3:5-6, 6:1, 6:15, 7:7,13, 8:12,31, 9:6,14,19 put in front of us certain hypothetical ideas that Paul is rejecting -- the idea that sin doesn't matter or that we're not responsible for sinning is one of the prominent concepts that Paul is telling us to reject, again & again & again.

Sin matters. But God is taking responsibility to change us so that we will -- when Jesus returns -- we will be cleansed from all sin, and we will not even be sinful people at the Resurrection.
The part I don't really understand is if there is a difference in sinning after being saved, and sinning before being saved. I dunno, like understanding that you're sinning, or something like that.
There's a difference, but it's not what you're thinking. It's massively better than what you think. After relying on Christ, your sins no longer controls your destiny. Christ does. We will be changed; we will become less and less sinning persons in our lives on earth. It's extremely unlikely that any of us will become sinless people in our present lives. But ultimately it doesn't matter. In Christ the rules have changed (cf Rom 4:4-5). We know where we'll end up.

Romans 8:28-39 nails this topic.

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So do I live my life for Jesus Christ?

Do everything in his Honor?
Are you asking, "So should I live my life for Jesus Christ?" Yes, you should -- but not in order to gain heaven by doing so. If anything, live life relying on Jesus Christ because your salvation is now more assured than if you were working for it. Because God has already worked for it, and got it for you.

I would also say, however you are living, your life is a life lived for Jesus Christ -- even when you do it wrongly.

Here's one way to look at it. You're your father's son. No matter how you behave, for his appreciation or for his dismay, you live life as your father's son. He may not always be proud of you. But he always claims you for his son. I can tell you that bond is far, far greater than probably you can even imagine right now.

Just at thought: God is more your Father than your father is. He loves you more intensely, feels the bond with you more completely, provides for you more extensively. You're His son, proud or not of you in any particular situation. He will always claim you for his son.

How should you respond to something that well-confirmed? That's the response you should have. But if you mess up -- I'm convinced that your life isn't going to separate you from God's love. (Rom 8:37-39)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DoctorJosh

Jun 7, 2010
United States of America
✟564.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

3. Those whose names are not found on the Book of Life will perish for Eternity. When we believe in Christ and begin to live for him, are our names added to the book of life, or was there a certain set of names from the Beginning? This concept frightens me a lot.

4. Only a minimal amount of people can go through the straight, narrow, path. This scares me a lot too. Because the Bible said that He will turn some people's hearts to stone, doesn't it mean they're predestined to die?

5. What is the best way to spread the Gospel; the free gift of righteousness and love? My parents say that you should carry out your faith as actions, and people will slowly understand.

6. How do I strengthen my relationship with Christ? I want to get closer to him, and serve him. I also don't want to go to hell.

7. I don't understand why I'm not entirely happy with my new life. My dad said that becoming with Christ is like getting cured from a sickness; you slowly recover. I'm scared that God will punish me if I don't have complete happiness in Him.

8. How can I live for Jesus? I am praying that I can be a servant of God to help other people get closer to him. So do I use my Spiritual Gifts to honor him?

Thank you, my Brothers and Sisters, for reading this Thread. If this doesn't belong here, please move it to the correct location.

What is belief from a Biblical point of view? Believing that Jesus exists, that Jesus is the Savior and this is done by understanding what He did for us. To have been Crucified for us and shed His Blood for us that we will be Forgiven. When We Pray for Forgiveness and be sincere, we are Forgiven.

Do you Trust Jesus or wondering how that happens? Trust is through belief and knowing Jesus through the Scripture. Thus you also get to know Jesus through your heart as the more you Pray and find Comfort in Jesus. Faith is the combination of Believing and Trusting Jesus. Trust means you just hand it over to Jesus and Trust He will deal with it. Trust means do not doubt, for you will believe He will help you in your time of need either through wisdom or guidance. To remember Jesus is not anyone's slave, but our Lord who will help us with Wisdom and Guidance and we have to use that to help ourselves. We meet Jesus half way always. He gives wisdom, we do the action.

Forget Romans, stick to what Jesus says in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Romans was another point of view by someone else. When in question, look up what Jesus said. The Words in Red in some Bibles are what Jesus said. Or a quick search on the internet will list all the verses Jesus said.

The Book of Life is filled with those who Believe and those who accept Jesus now and when the time comes. It is not predetermined. Your fate is not predetermined and neither are your choices. You choose how you live, whom you marry, whether you follow Jesus or not and those choices you make in life will determine whether you are in the Book of Life or not.
Become a Disciple of Jesus and you will surely be added to the Book of Life by Believing, Trusting and Loving Jesus from the Heart. Know you alone decide the final outcome and your own fate of your soul by your choices, which is if you Believe and Follow Jesus you will be saved, if not then its a different road to doom.

The Narrow road that is talked about means there are few who are willing to walk the True Path to Jesus and not follow evil desires. By which, we can be sinners and then become Christian, Christians may fall from time to time, but they are Forgiven but they also must try and defeat the sins and desires. There are those who use the excuse of sinning as they think they are born that way, which is not True. We are not born sinners, but born pure until we make the choice to sin. Then we are sinners. There will be many who refuse to follow Jesus, those who claim to follow Jesus but live evil lives and there are those many others that will show by their actions they are not followers of Jesus for Jesus knows what is truly in our hearts and what we think.

Spreading the Word is just doing that, going out and Teaching others about the Word of God. That is a great example of action in itself. Doing something for Jesus and to help others find Jesus through the Word of God. It is an unselfish action, we do not do it for ourselves, we do it for others.

You become closer to Jesus by knowing Him through the Word of God (Bible). By Prayer and by sharing your life with Jesus and just commit all you do for Jesus. Tell Jesus you want to be a tool He can use to help others, to tell others about Jesus and to do the best you can for Jesus. Then pick your mission and do like Moses did, you can free the slaves in another place or you can go before the UN and proclaim Jesus is Lord and Savior and teach them how to be wise and good. The choice of which mission you choose is yours. You can go and feed the hungry and teach them the Word of God too. The choices are many, the missions are plenty.

God won't do things for you, you have to do things for yourself and make the changes yourself in your life to make you happy. You expect too much in such a short time, take it slow and take it easy. Get to know Jesus and the Word, recite verses to memory that Jesus said. Understand through the Bible why Jesus did certain things and said everything He said. Through this process you will find your happiness in Jesus and understand what it means to be a True Follower of Jesus.

When in question and when you seek answers of how you should live for Jesus, look at the lives of the Disciples and see how they lived. Then use that as your guide to live for Jesus. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are great examples of how to Live for Jesus.

Hope that helps answer your questions. God Bless.

Upvote 0

5qwerty

Aug 6, 2010
✟15,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is belief from a Biblical point of view? Believing that Jesus exists, that Jesus is the Savior and this is done by understanding what He did for us. To have been Crucified for us and shed His Blood for us that we will be Forgiven. When We Pray for Forgiveness and be sincere, we are Forgiven.

Do you Trust Jesus or wondering how that happens? Trust is through belief and knowing Jesus through the Scripture. Thus you also get to know Jesus through your heart as the more you Pray and find Comfort in Jesus. Faith is the combination of Believing and Trusting Jesus. Trust means you just hand it over to Jesus and Trust He will deal with it. Trust means do not doubt, for you will believe He will help you in your time of need either through wisdom or guidance. To remember Jesus is not anyone's slave, but our Lord who will help us with Wisdom and Guidance and we have to use that to help ourselves. We meet Jesus half way always. He gives wisdom, we do the action.

Forget Romans, stick to what Jesus says in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Romans was another point of view by someone else. When in question, look up what Jesus said. The Words in Red in some Bibles are what Jesus said. Or a quick search on the internet will list all the verses Jesus said.

The Book of Life is filled with those who Believe and those who accept Jesus now and when the time comes. It is not predetermined. Your fate is not predetermined and neither are your choices. You choose how you live, whom you marry, whether you follow Jesus or not and those choices you make in life will determine whether you are in the Book of Life or not.
Become a Disciple of Jesus and you will surely be added to the Book of Life by Believing, Trusting and Loving Jesus from the Heart. Know you alone decide the final outcome and your own fate of your soul by your choices, which is if you Believe and Follow Jesus you will be saved, if not then its a different road to doom.

The Narrow road that is talked about means there are few who are willing to walk the True Path to Jesus and not follow evil desires. By which, we can be sinners and then become Christian, Christians may fall from time to time, but they are Forgiven but they also must try and defeat the sins and desires. There are those who use the excuse of sinning as they think they are born that way, which is not True. We are not born sinners, but born pure until we make the choice to sin. Then we are sinners. There will be many who refuse to follow Jesus, those who claim to follow Jesus but live evil lives and there are those many others that will show by their actions they are not followers of Jesus for Jesus knows what is truly in our hearts and what we think.

Spreading the Word is just doing that, going out and Teaching others about the Word of God. That is a great example of action in itself. Doing something for Jesus and to help others find Jesus through the Word of God. It is an unselfish action, we do not do it for ourselves, we do it for others.

You become closer to Jesus by knowing Him through the Word of God (Bible). By Prayer and by sharing your life with Jesus and just commit all you do for Jesus. Tell Jesus you want to be a tool He can use to help others, to tell others about Jesus and to do the best you can for Jesus. Then pick your mission and do like Moses did, you can free the slaves in another place or you can go before the UN and proclaim Jesus is Lord and Savior and teach them how to be wise and good. The choice of which mission you choose is yours. You can go and feed the hungry and teach them the Word of God too. The choices are many, the missions are plenty.

God won't do things for you, you have to do things for yourself and make the changes yourself in your life to make you happy. You expect too much in such a short time, take it slow and take it easy. Get to know Jesus and the Word, recite verses to memory that Jesus said. Understand through the Bible why Jesus did certain things and said everything He said. Through this process you will find your happiness in Jesus and understand what it means to be a True Follower of Jesus.

When in question and when you seek answers of how you should live for Jesus, look at the lives of the Disciples and see how they lived. Then use that as your guide to live for Jesus. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are great examples of how to Live for Jesus.

Hope that helps answer your questions. God Bless.
I really needed to hear that. I have been more careful with my actions and my words, and I hope that's a start.

I also have another question that I have been thinking about:

9. In the future, what will happen if I develop Amnesia? Will I still be counted as a child of God? How will I be judged? Or will He protect me from it?

10. To be accepted into Heaven, does one need to be baptized? I am thinking about being baptized this Christmas, though this was just a question that came in my mind.

Upvote 0

5qwerty

Aug 6, 2010
✟15,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

You ask some great questions. Alot of these I've asked myself too. The first thing I learned when I started studying God's word was how His kingdom worked. Read the Parable of th Sower and tell me what you think. Matt 13, Mark 4
I need to have a deep, everlasting relationship with Christ, and that way, I can lead more people to him.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

fm107

Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:20
May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟61,600.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Hi Brother 5qwerty,

It’s nice to see you and your questions are very welcome.

Basically, the way I see belief is that it is a combination of knowledge (you know it to be true) and also trust.

It’s not something I have thought about in any great deal.

Romans 6:1 is basically telling us that we shouldn’t think, “hey, I’m saved, I’m off out to do sin, it doesn’t matter because I’m saved.”

The fact of the matter is we can still sin, we are still tempted to do things.

Here’s some scriptures which says it is possible to still sin:

1 John 2:1
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

When we feel tempted to do something we know we shouldn’t do, we can pray and ask Jesus to help us overcome temptation:

Hebrews 2:18
Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

I think everyone’s names are in the book of life to begin with, then when someone dies who never believed, their name is blotted out of the book.

The reason why I assume this to be the case is because of these scriptures:

Revelation 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.

Psalm 69:28
May they be blotted out of the book of life and not be listed with the righteous.

Psalm 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

I am almost 100% sure that scripture always talks about names being taken out/blotted out of the book of life, names are never added from what I can see in scripture.

It’s not a case of a minimal amount of people “can go”, it’s “will go.”

God wants every person to go to Heaven, it isn’t like there isn’t enough room. God knows every persons mind, he knows whether someone will accept or reject him, that’s why he can say:

Matthew 7:13
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

About God turning people’s hearts to stone, I don’t know of a scripture which says this, though if you can provide one, I’ll be happy to read it and answer you.

But God doesn’t want anyone going to Hell:

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

There is different ways.

What your parents say is totally correct. That should be something you’re doing all the time:

Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

If however you manage to start a conversation or enter into one about God, be ready to preach the gospel:

1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

First of all, you need to be sure your saved so that you can stop worrying about Hell.

All God asks of you is that you:
-recognise you’ve sinned. (Everyone has. We’ve all broken God’s law in one way or another, whether it be through lying, stealing or so on.)
- Be sorry for your sins. (We must come before God with a regretful heart and ask him to forgive us of our sins.)
- Simply believe in what Jesus has done. (Jesus has paid the price of your sins and mine, so now we can ask him to wipe our sins clean)

God is willing to forgive you, if you genuinely ask him for forgiveness he will grant it, and you know longer need to worry.

But you need to live your life whereby you want to stop sinning, we all fail at times, but we should all strive to honour what Jesus has done for us and try to live the way he wants us to.

…………………………………………………………………………….

If you want to get closer to God, that is a great thing. You’ll find yourself much happier in life.

In my mind, there 2 things which keeps our relationship with God “close.”

First, we need to be obedient sons. The more you obey God and do what is good, the closer you’ll feel towards God. If you sin, the Holy Spirit inside you will be grieved and you will be sad because God distances himself from sin. When you ask for forgiveness though, God will draw himself nearer to you.

Second, prayer draws us close to God. Communication is vital in any relationship. Just think of how long Jesus spent in prayer sometimes:

Luke 6:12
One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God.

People who have sinned more in their lives can be much more happier than a person who has not sinned as much.

Let me put it another way, if your dad owed someone £50,000 and you owed someone £500 and both debts were pardoned, who do you think would be more happy?

In the same way, you may have less sin (debt) in your life, you are after all much younger than your dad. So, it’s nothing to be scared about.

Jesus said:

Luke 7:47
Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven--for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little."

It’s kind of the same. But instead of happiness, it’s love which is greater here.

If you want to live for Jesus, do what he asks us to do:

Make 12:30-31
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

Preach the gospel to others and make the best effort you can to stop sinning.

Your very welcome brother, God bless you.

By the way, try not to doubt if there is something you don’t understand there is always an answer as to why scripture says this, or why God did that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fm107

Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:20
May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟61,600.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I really needed to hear that. I have been more careful with my actions and my words, and I hope that's a start.

I also have another question that I have been thinking about:

9. Just have faith in God and he will look after you.

10. One does not have to be baptised. But as Christians, God wants us to be baptised.

Baptism, is an outward expression of an inward heart. The water is the washing away of your old sinful self, it is a commitment to doing what God wants us to do, living a life where we are sinning as little as possible. I really want to encourage you to get baptised.

Upvote 0

5qwerty

Aug 6, 2010
✟15,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
9. Just have faith in God and he will look after you.

10. One does not have to be baptised. But as Christians, God wants us to be baptised.

Baptism, is an outward expression of an inward heart. The water is the washing away of your old sinful self, it is a commitment to doing what God wants us to do, living a life where we are sinning as little as possible. I really want to encourage you to get baptised.
Thank you yet again, my friend and Brother in Christ.

I have sort of had a bad reputation, but I'm sure God will make a way for me.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

5qwerty

Aug 6, 2010
✟15,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Amen.

Usually when I do things that are for His glory (and might seem shameful to Man), I think of how my reputation gets harmed. How my life would be ruined because of the action. Now that it's behind me, I can do it for God. Though I am a Timid person by nature, I'm sure God will give me Strength and Courage in following his lead and living for him.

Upvote 0