• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I dont trust God anymore :/

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello, I just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you tonight. I pray that you stay strong through your trails and that god will speak to your heart,mind and soul. I'm going through my own trail and it's been rough, but I heard something that I can't shake, DONT GIVE UP! I know we all have great stories to tell to share with our brothers and sisters struggling all over the world. God has a plan for all of us. I may not feel close to God but I know he is there. Im going to continue to seek God, read, study, pray,worship, give to others in his name and give him all the glory. I need to trust him. Jesus needs to be my driving force to keep me focused and staying on track as well as gods word. I chose to do good always because I want to be a good person, but I know I'm a sinner and need a savior. If you want to we can share bible verses, daily devotions, prayers or just a shoulder to lean on. God loves us, so let's show it back. God bless
Yeah totally..lets do that.

Upvote 0

LoyalToGod

Prayer Warrior for Christ
Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You lost faith on God because you got kicked out of school? Jesus.
I had to shower at minus -25°C degrees celsius a few days ago and I was pouring cold water over my body, while freezing to death. I washed my dishes with ice cold water for a week and my hands were destroyed, all blooded an slashed. And you think yours is a suffering?

My mother is in mental hospital, my father left me when I was little, should I go on? I can go on forever, you know.

Just think of it as a test. And until now, you're failing it. You fail everything that you believed in. And if by being successful you mean trying to be better than a bunch of YouTube losers serving the devil, who are not producing anything than a prank or two or some pointless tutorial, your goals in life are wrong and you have more to endure and suffer until you finally go on the right path.

Stop wanting more, stop wanting what people have, because for God it is right for whatever you do, to work heartily, as for him and not for men.

Galatians 1:10
Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Who do you think you are?! This person is hurting, and all you can reply with is a comparison of suffering?! Suffering ISN'T a peeing contest, for pete's sake. Have some compassion please, and it's people like you that keep honest people like her on here silent.

Upvote 0

LoyalToGod

Prayer Warrior for Christ
Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Really. I was reading your post and I just couldn't let this one slide. Yeah you are showering in cold water and your hands are destroyed (how on earth did you type this much then?). Boo hoo to you too. Ever had student loans before? Stop your comparisons.
Your attitude isn't Christian-like at all. It's more Pharisee-like condescending superior holier-than-thou attitude. Your type is the reason why people (including me) left the church. Kicked out of school is a big deal especially trying to make a living. You probably never gotten kicked out before so how would you know? Sorry your parents are in these conditions and you sure can go on forever but according your Bible: those trials are suppose to humble you, not rebuke others. Your post says otherwise. Maybe it's you who need more suffering and tribulations (and more cold water) to shut you up and stop your judging.
The person isn't failing the test. Doesn't matter if he or she fails it. Who are you to say he or she failed it? He or she is only asking for relief and help. What's wrong with wanting more and wanting what people have? It makes people better in life. That drive to succeed. Your god won't help you, only you can help yourself. And so what if he or she lost her faith in god because of extreme hard times? Man can only carry so much. If a god isn't big enough to forgive that or understand that, then maybe that god deserves second thoughts about love.

I agree! People like you are incredible :) Thank you for defending Far Side here! :D

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
▶ Pastor treated me differently , called my mom told her I was a liar and not to believe anything I said. Would rebuke me in front of others, asked if the spirit of Judas was in me, prophesied id be in a shelter..and told me God has mercy on whom he has mercy... And I didnt do anything to warrant that..infact before service...my brothers and I would clean her home ...and i bathed her once when she was ill ...and helped her take her medicine... So I didnt do anything mean or malicious to warrent all that.

That sounds like a spiritually abusive situation. If you want to get better you are going to have to emotionally untangle yourself from that kind of authority. Otherwise, you will continue to feel bad.

Reactions: knw1991
Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Really. I was reading your post and I just couldn't let this one slide. Yeah you are showering in cold water and your hands are destroyed (how on earth did you type this much then?). Boo hoo to you too. Ever had student loans before? Stop your comparisons.
Your attitude isn't Christian-like at all. It's more Pharisee-like condescending superior holier-than-thou attitude. Your type is the reason why people (including me) left the church. Kicked out of school is a big deal especially trying to make a living. You probably never gotten kicked out before so how would you know? Sorry your parents are in these conditions and you sure can go on forever but according your Bible: those trials are suppose to humble you, not rebuke others. Your post says otherwise. Maybe it's you who need more suffering and tribulations (and more cold water) to shut you up and stop your judging.
The person isn't failing the test. Doesn't matter if he or she fails it. Who are you to say he or she failed it? He or she is only asking for relief and help. What's wrong with wanting more and wanting what people have? It makes people better in life. That drive to succeed. Your god won't help you, only you can help yourself. And so what if he or she lost her faith in god because of extreme hard times? Man can only carry so much. If a god isn't big enough to forgive that or understand that, then maybe that god deserves second thoughts about love.

Thank you for your kind words.

Upvote 0
Jan 15, 2017
United States
✟16,615.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi there, how are you doing? I had seen that you replied to comment. So let's share devotions and scriptures and be put on the mind of Christ. For me I have to push aside anxiety, intrusive thoughts and depression and FEAR... and start grabbing verses to battle and then put action with it. Gods words are truth, all this nonsense doesn't bring glory to god, and keeps me from fully hearing him because I'm focused on fear, depression anxiety and horrible thoughts. 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and self-control. The enemy is lying to us, that's what he does best, we need to thank God for his truth and turn to his word. This world is truly awful but remember Jesus said take heart because he conquered this world! So let us all repent when we go against god, ask him to forgive us and walk with Jesus. It's so simple yet it's the hardest walk. I'm here because I to am walking with you through this storm of depression etc.... but know that the you have the very best example walking right beside you Jesus. I have to remember that as well, your not alone in this walk because there are so many of us walking this walk but Jesus is with us Never Give Up! I look forward to communicating with you and everyone else who wants to share the good news in this crazy world we live in. God bless you all and I will get back to you with the daily devotional. Oh yeah remember For where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am among them Matthew 18:20 So lets gather together to have Jesus with us We may never meet each other in this world but I pray we meet each other in paradise

Upvote 0