• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

i dont like money

Discussion in 'For New Christians' started by notsurewhatname, Feb 6, 2020.

1. notsurewhatname

notsurewhatname New Member

+0
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    i dislike money strongly and i am not sure what to do about that; i have no desire for it because i think it would or will corrupt me, so i stay away from it, but i realize that in our world that there seems to be a requirement for it in order to buy materials that people may require

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. notsurewhatname

notsurewhatname New Member

+0
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    i guess i'm just ranting about money but it just seems so corruptible and i think theres more to life than money and clothes

3. Lost4words

Lost4words In reality, an old dog! Supporter

+5,258
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Any you dont want you can send to me! :p

4. Chris V++

Chris V++ In Orbit Supporter

+971
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Check out the 'minimalist movement.' There are people living lifestyles that are no longer centered around material gain. Of course you need to put food on the table and a safe place to stay, but there are plenty of like minded people, including Christians, who are living differently with a different perspective on stuff, since life is so short you know.

Just stay out of debt if you can and you willl be richer than most.

5. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+9,391
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    That's true, I guess with our nice weather here in Southern California clothes are not an necessity.
    But, in snow country they come in handy.

Sorry about that -- on a serious note.
    I have known many who thought as you do when they were young. They never seemed to care about money or their future. They wish now that they would have worked harder and saved for their retirement years.

Don't let it come back to bite you in the end.

The Bible supports those that believe in
    hard earned money.

M-Bob

6. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,532
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    It's the love of money that is a problem. We are in the world, so money is essential. One way to break its hold is to give as much as you can. Then it becomes a blessing, not a curse.

7. longwait

longwait Well-Known Member

+583
    Christian
    Married
    Good for you. People kill for money.

8. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+9,391
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I think that I would add food in there?

I've got some friends that thought as you do when they were young. Now older they don't have many of the comforts of life. Many wish that they would have hit it a little harder and saved for their retirement.

With a decent income retirement is sweet.

M-Bob