I don't know why I'm here since I'm starting not to believe in God

LaMandaRaye

Dec 4, 2008
✟7,814.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't know why I'm here. Just in the recent months, and weeks I've been losing faith in God and religion and everything.

I don't know what I did to deserve such a horrible life. I swear I feel like I've been cursed and someone put a mark on me for me to continue to have a string of tragic events that just lead me to nowhere. Maybe I did something wrong to somebody in a past life and I am paying for it now. I don't know

For the past 3/4 years my life has been going downhill steadily, losing jobs, friends, car breaks down, debt, it just will not stop. I didn't get accepted into nursing school which is just even more awful. My father tells me I am useless and pathetic.

I don't know why my life is like this, I swear I put just as much effort to succeed and it just won't happen for me. My dad compares me to a younger cousin who has her own apartment and works at the hospital (I have been trying to get into a hospital for years).

Just when I am almost there something happens that puts me like 5 steps backwards. I really don't know what to do. I have such anxeity and I am not looking forward to my bday this year. I keep telling myself that with each year I get younger

I even thought about suicide, I have absolutely nothing. My mother even reminds me of how pathetic my life is getting too. I just don't have anything. I don't understand why. I am so sad that I don't even know what more to say

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟379,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure what to say other than God is with you. When it seems like nothing goes right, when it seems like the world hates you, that's when it comes down to just you and God. The others may turn away, but God never does. He knows what it's like to suffer, to be treated unfairly, and what it feels like to be human. Bad things kept happening to Jesus, from the time of his birth in a manger to his death on the cross. He is intimately familiar with what it's like to feel despair... yet He made the ultimate sacrifice for people just like you and me. Take heart.

Reactions: Wren
Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As I said before, I am sorry that things are bad. I don't really know what to do/etc about that. But since we are now talking about beleif in God.

One thing is that as we read out Bible, we see that while God will bless those who obey Him... that He also doesn't make life easy for all of those who follow Him (believe in Him/etc).

The purpose of God isn't to explain how the universe works, or to drop blessings on us. Yeah, God is involved in both of those things (blessings and the reason behind the universe), but Christianity is more. Christianity is about change of who you are, a rebirth through Christ Jesus.

JM

Upvote 0

LaMandaRaye

Dec 4, 2008
✟7,814.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Have you accepted Him as your Saviour and asked for the forgiveness of your Sins?
No, I haven't

I just want my life to get on track. I want the bad things to just stop happening to me. I know I'm not perfect but I'm not that bad of a person.

Every job I have, I lose and I work very hard at them. Whenever I start a new job, I pray that they keep me

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
M

Marycita

I don't know why I'm here. Just in the recent months, and weeks I've been losing faith in God and religion and everything.

I don't know what I did to deserve such a horrible life. I swear I feel like I've been cursed and someone put a mark on me for me to continue to have a string of tragic events that just lead me to nowhere. Maybe I did something wrong to somebody in a past life and I am paying for it now. I don't know

For the past 3/4 years my life has been going downhill steadily, losing jobs, friends, car breaks down, debt, it just will not stop. I didn't get accepted into nursing school which is just even more awful. My father tells me I am useless and pathetic.

I don't know why my life is like this, I swear I put just as much effort to succeed and it just won't happen for me. My dad compares me to a younger cousin who has her own apartment and works at the hospital (I have been trying to get into a hospital for years).

Just when I am almost there something happens that puts me like 5 steps backwards. I really don't know what to do. I have such anxeity and I am not looking forward to my bday this year. I keep telling myself that with each year I get younger

I even thought about suicide, I have absolutely nothing. My mother even reminds me of how pathetic my life is getting too. I just don't have anything. I don't understand why. I am so sad that I don't even know what more to say

First of all..:hug:'s and :prayer:'s I'm so sorry you are having a hard time.

Second of all..I pray that you would accept Jesus into your life...He's just waiting for you to ask Him to be your Savior..you won't regret it.

That being said, I just wanted to make sure you know that living for God doesn't mean your life will always be rainbows and butterflies. But, it does mean that He will help you have a deep and powerful joy and peace no matter what is going on in life. That's what His love does. He never promises that there won't be incredibly hard times, He does however, promise to always be there and help you get through them.

I'm sorry your parents say you are pathetic....but, as corny and cheesy as this may be, it's also true.... so, I wanted to let you know what your Father has to say to you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfHTk3sGcyY&feature=related

Upvote 0

HighwayMan

Aug 7, 2007
✟17,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private

There is no reason. Or if there is, it's not for us to learn it now.

But, IMO, success in this life - not the material one, but the success that really matters - is not measured by the cards life deals you, but by how much you fight to carry on despite them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Q

Quoth

Bad stuff happens to everyone, regardless of who you are. Those who seem like they have it all together and nothing bad ever happens to them simply happen to be very good actors.

I used to feel very much the way you do: life sucks and I don't deserve this. However, there is always someone out there who is worse off than you, so you're not being singled out. God is not a mean kid on an anthill with a magnifying glass, watching you burn and squirm.

As a Christian, I know why bad things happen to me:

I. I bring them upon myself. That is the most common cause of my pain. I make choices that aren't wise, and I suffer the consequences.

II. Some people are simply mean. There are folks in this world that are just out to be jerks. For some reason, they get their kicks out of being mean to others and causing others pain.

III. Wrong place, wrong time. Sometimes things happen to us just because they do. There isn't any rhyme or reason to it. We could complain that God could've stopped it if He cared, but He never promised that He'd stop the pain.

What He said was, "I'll make sure you come through the pain if you trust Me". In fact, He told us that we'd have more pain and heartache in this world because we follow Him, but the rewards He offers far outweigh the pain and suffering.

No one has it easy. We all have our problems to deal with. A lot of the crap we have to put up with we might not see as our fault. Regardless of where it came from, I know that God has never done anything but wanted to help me, and Satan has never done anything but wanted to hurt me.

The best thing we can do as humans is realize who God is, what He's done for us, and give all our problems over to Him. That doesn't mean the problems will stop. For all we know, the problems will get worse. What will change is the fact that our problems will be easier to bear.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:hug: I have felt that way before. I really liked what miles had to say; and oddly enough it is what the sermon at my church was about yesterday. God IS with us, no matter what , even when we feel betrayed and up against the wall with no way out or even when we fail. Sometimes for myself i can go crazy thinking about all the things against me; take it one day at a time- one moment at a time if you need to. Please hang in there- you will get through this! and God is with you

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Been there, done that, plus much worse, lost my faith for a while (although it is arguable that at the age when all this happened I really didn't understand faith or have much of it to begin with). Speaking from experience, if you're going through hell the last thing you want to do is turn your back on God. You think it is bad now, it will most certainly get worse without Him in your life.

Read Hebrews 12.

Hebrews 12

God Disciplines His Sons

1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

4In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons:

"My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
6because the Lord disciplines those he loves,
and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son."[a]

7Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? 8If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. 9Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! 10Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. 11No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

12Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 13"Make level paths for your feet,"[b] so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.

I don't know why I'm here.

Well committing suicide isn't going to help you find it out.

Just in the recent months, and weeks I've been losing faith in God and religion and everything.

I don't know what I did to deserve such a horrible life.

Going through tough times is no reason to stop believing in God. If anything it gives all the more reason to cling to Him.

Also, your life being horrible is a matter of perspective. To people who have been through worse it really doesn't sound that bad. Like Skellington said there's always someone out there who's got it worse. If you think about the positive parts of your life this will help. Sometimes when things are going roughly being positive can just be thinking of things that could be worse and being thankful that isn't happening. For example...

I swear I feel like I've been cursed and someone put a mark on me for me to continue to have a string of tragic events that just lead me to nowhere. Maybe I did something wrong to somebody in a past life and I am paying for it now. I don't know

On the positive side:
-You've lost jobs, but you evidently still have a place to live, food, and even the internet so someone is giving you a helping hand

-Your car breaks down, but at least at least you didn't get into a car accident and have injury or death involved

-You didn't get accepted into nursing school, but at least you evidently have some means of going to college and if you wanted to you could try getting accepted into a different major

-Your father isn't very emotionally supportive, but at least you have one. Two of my friends' lost their dads when they were in elementary school -- one's father was shot when he was being robbed (of $21) on a camping trip and the other was hit by a car. Both of these friends have permenant issues because of their fathers' deaths.

Isaiah 40:28-31

28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Reactions: lostaquarium
Upvote 0

.Sabre.

Aliens ate my custom title.
Supporter
Sep 6, 2006
Chasing the sun's fading light
✟40,588.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
LaMandaRaye:
I might not have Scripture to hand or other enlightening things to say, but please don't give up! :hug: There've been many, many times I've felt like saying "So long and thanks for all the drama".......for many reasons. So maybe I could, to an extent, understand. I know how you feel, I really do. I didn't give up. Something's always stopped me, and as for what that powerful force is, I'll leave that up to interpretation. If you need to talk, PM me. I'll respond as soon as possible.:)

Reminder to others:
Please, the most painful thing I've experienced in my recovery so far is being made to think it's my fault. I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm just trying to say that making it her fault (repentance, not being a True Christian, etc.) is hurtful.*

*This is not intended to promote a non-Christian view. It is intended to express the view of someone currently in recovery.

Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0