• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
You need to talk to your pastor or a pastor you trust and seek help with a mental health professional. Asking that sort of question here can yield you some terrible advice along with some helpful advice. You would be wise to see out a friend in the church for such a serious question.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello brother,
I don't know what you're going through.. but please don't choose that route. Let me tell you something..I almost chose to end my own life back in 2012. But God showed up [that was before I was saved]. I know it may seem like your circumstances will never change.. but you need to let God help you by trusting in Him, spending time with Him, and praying to Him every single day that He gives you. Don't give up. Fight back. Fight the lies of the enemy. Let God's truths shout LOUDER than the enemy's lies. God wants you to fight back. To keep persevering. He doesn't want you to give up nor end your life. I have to keep fighting the enemy's lies daily. But it's worth it. Because there's no greater feeling than knowing you didn't let the enemy win. You need to fight this spiritual battle, soldier. There is a spiritual warfare going on right now against you and your soul. But you know what else? Greater is HE Who is in you than he who is in the world.
I highly recommend letting us know what you're going through. You don't have to battle this on your own. God is there amidst your suffering and struggles. He wants you to let Him in so that He can help you. You need to have God's truth in your arsenal so you can shout back at the enemy's lies with the Word of Truth. I'm not bragging but I've read the new testament so many times that whenever I feel doubt, fear, anxiety, or want to give up, I instinctively fight back those negative thoughts with God's Word. I say them out loud just to make it loud and clear to any spiritual oppression that may be around. Don't give up. I'm not perfect by any means. This is a daily battle. All of your brothers and sisters are going through the same spiritual battle. Don't give up now. Press forward. This song is for you! Fight back!!

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An invitation to The Chosen.

God's Love will not take or will
you to conform to rules or demand
which imprison, enslave, burn or kill you.

God's Love will not pervert what's Good
The Lord loves truthfully Wise and Good.
True Love was, is and always will be Good!

In God's Love you are free to be right!
In His love everything is good proper and kind.
He loves all who love good and true to rule!

His Love is caring, providing, and sharing.
His Love always enjoys and protects good life.
His love rules even when bad life has being in us!

Hear Jesus call - 'Come join up with us all!
Leave whatever ties you down and be free
loving good life with all God's own to be.'

To the rest in your heart God's asks
how long will you tarry in the darkness?
Please leave such bad existence within.

For life must not, no never should, or would, or could,
be forceful, rude, prideful, arrogant, selfish, lustful
or otherwise be untrue to God's loving truth.

Neither should life be hurting or ill,
hungry, oppressed, despised, hated
or otherwise have existence in wrong.

Please hand your Bad Life over to Jesus
Humbly ask for His Good Life back in return
and go love God, self and neighbour with Joy.

The Church knows that Jesus is coming soon
All bad life will be our shameful past then,
so please leave your bad life while you can!

Love.

Please please don't heed those horrific lies - it is depression - the power of the great desolation that is sucking you into satan's trap. The question is not about if you will go to hell or not, the question is do you know Jesus in your current life? Have you seen the agony He is in? Have you beheld His wounds and kissed His bleeding brow?

Not that I don't know where you are - I sure do - lingered there fore years myself and asking the very same questions you do now. Many will say God will forgive but many forget that a murderer has no eternal life in them and that our covenant with death has been annulled by God and that what will happen when we see that death is but an illusion and doesn't safe us from evil but seals our interaction with them.

Let me explain. The voice/force in you that tells you to commit suicide is the an evil voice that doesn't want to heed Scripture but preaches that death will solve all things. This is a lie! It is not the truth. As a bapitst you know full well that the Scriptures teach that Jesus is the Life and that Jesus is our Saviour and that we should only listen to Him and not anti-Christ spirituality telling us otherwise.

Depression is the pit. It is the place where satan's lies dwelling within us drag us down to when we have heeded his lies. Honestly true!

I still suffer from depression, sometimes on a daily basis, because I have a depressive illness, yet never do I have to go back to the pit where Jesus has taken me from. This only happened when I dared to trust in God's grace and trust His words of loving truth to me. Hope in God's Word destroyed my hopelessness, despair, doubt, unbelief, and fear, to name but a few culprits that rule over me a depressed person for so many years.

God's loving truth is the only way to escape the enemy torturing you my friend, there is no other way to be saved than through the truth of God. You can't short-circuit that by killing yourself, having so little respect for your suffering life as to kill it when you are down, this is not The Voice of Christ speaking but the tempter trying to finish you off in your bad life instead of being saved from it. Such thinking doesn't come from God at all - please be aware of that and repent each time you find yourself listening to such 'voices/forces' within your heart and mind. (They use your misery to drag you down - a real catch 22 - for the more misery misery generates in you the more misery the wicked throw down on you. So it is about giving your misery to Jesus - time and again and humbly asking Him to make something good out of your life gone bad.

So about going to hell. Where do you think you are at the moment - which way has your life gone? Up or Down? When you die why would your life suddenly go up you think? What would make such a thing happen? Will it not be The Truth that it is Jesus catching you as you fall through the net? Yet if it is The Truth of God catching you as you in your bad life go down into that bottomless pit, what will happen to you who has life in all that misery now. Will you believe what you do not now? That Christ saves you from bad life and not death? Will you trust Him then? Will you let go of bad life instead of heeding it? Will you?

My prayer Today is that you will repent of evil plan and heed the word of God which says that a murdered has no eternal life in them. 1 John 3:11-15. So even if in your chosen you will reign with Christ as kings (queens) one great Day, you that pulled the 'trigger' on yourself wont be included in that party - ever! The Word of God will never let you in but cut you down in that wicked spirituality loveless spirituality that drove you to become a killer of life instead of a defender of it, you can be utterly assured of that. (Hebrews 4:12-13)

So please repent of heeding loveless voice - time and again - until satan has lost his power over you, and you will see that you will have left the worst of your depression behind as well when such thinking and feeling has burned up in the fire of his love over you.

Here I'll share you another poem this one I wrote I was struggling to overcome that horrible force that wanted to me to myself so badly all the time. (Only a few years ago the desire to die left me, so don't believe that he battle with death will be over soon, it doesn't generally work like that when we are depressive people as we are. God's love is real please put your hope in Him instead.

Miseries Ugly Truth

My truth is sore and ugly,
my truth is I hate my life.
The Truth is, truth is unwanted!
my truth is rotten to the core,
my truth stinks like sewage.

My truth is hard and mean,
My truth is without any good.
The Truth is, my truth burns!
My truth is a walk in darkness,
my truth kills my good life.

My truth lies to me continually
my truth isn't holy or blameless
The Truth is, my truth is the pits!
my truth is utterly godforsaken
my truth is irredeemable.

My truth is utterly rejected,
my truth hands out no mercy.
The Truth is, my truth is loveless!
My truth hotly desires good life,
my truth hurts like Hell.

My truth is not welcome,
my truth is not loved.
The Truth is, My God, my God,
why have I forsaken You?
Is that why I'm down here?

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'd advise you to get professional help. No matter what kind of excuses you might come up with. Depression is often treatable, although it might take its time, and sometimes it can feel like banging one's head into a wall. Nevertheless, not giving in is worth it. I was depressed at young age as well. I made many mistakes, but the most important thing was that I didn't absolutely give in, no matter how broken or helpless I was. It made me search God more honestly too.

"Does suicide mean you go to hell" is often asked as means to get a "permit" to do it. So I don't know. I like to think God's grace is greater than our fears, and it most likely is, but don't give in. Search for God, pray for Him, get the help you can. Don't obey those feelings that depression throws at you. They're not worth it.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
All of the advice here to seek professional help is KEY. You will feel better once you are able to get professional help. Many people have depression and lead very normal lives. Your doctor will know what to do and where to send you to get tested to see if you have this mental illness. Do not despair!

Make an appointment with your doctor and get tested.

Upvote 0