I Don't Know What to Do Anymore (Long)

Faith712

Jan 3, 2012
✟29,549.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone, I hope you guys are having a blessed and prosperous day. Please be safe and strong in times like this. :wave:

I am having big problems regarding my health.

The first problems are my mental health.

I have what's called a mental health team. It is made up of my doctor (a nurse able to write prescriptions), a therapist and a social worker. My social worker is new and I have not met her yet. It's my doctor and therapist I am struggling with me.

My therapist tells her coworkers about the things we discuss in session. The coworkers are telling the small town I live in and the whole town talks about what I said in sessions. I know this is a HIPAA violation about I am not sure I want to complain to the therapist's boss yet. Should I go ahead and do it? I mean they'll probably give her a warning because I do not have any evidence against her. It'd be my word against her and I am schizoaffective (schizophrenia with symptoms of bi polar) and they'd think I'm paranoid and hearing voices again.

Then there's my doctor. She recently lied to me and hung up the phone on me. We met and I asked her to increase my benzotropine to 2 mg twice a day and my latuda to 80 mg a day. She said she would do this. I just so happened to call my pharmacy to talk to them about something and they informed me the prescription she wrote was 1 mg benzotropine once a day and latuda 60mg once a day. The doctor at the behavioral health hospital put me on benzotropine twice a day, why would you decrease something I need more of? (The benzotropine treats the shaking and tremors I have due to my medicine.) So I called her on it and she said they did not have the 80mg in stock, that there was a shortage of it. I talked to my pharmacy and they said they had it in stock. She said we would talk about it early October and hung up on me before I could ask about the benztropine.

I have already tried to get away from these people, but other doctors have turned me down and transferred me back to them. In order to get to another doctor, I would have to pay cash and for some reason places won't take me if I have medicaid and want to pay in cash. So all I have in treatment from the state and not at the private level. Plus, to be honest, I can't afford to do it private level.

Finally, there's the episodes or seizures. I have these fits or episodes in which I can't stop looking up at the ceiling or sky and my eyes roll in the back of my head. The voices and the hallucinations plus being unable to think or remember things comes on so intense that all I can do is lay down and go to sleep. I am taking seizure medicines but it doesn't appear to be working.

I'm not sure what to do about these problems. If my antipsychotics are at fault about these seizures, then increasing them would make matters worse. If I don't increase the antipsychotics, then how am I supposed to make the voices go away? Then, if I increase the antipsychotics, then I'll sleep more and I'm already sleeping about 15 hours a day.

I want to go back to college and work a job and make more money. How am I supposed to do this with my health declining? I'm tired of drawing a tiny check. I want to be able to afford the things I want and my dreams. How do I get through this without losing faith in God? I have prayed about this and I KNOW he will intervene, but until then, how do I not worry? How do I get through these episodes?

Thank you for reading this and thank you to everyone who replies. Have a blessed and prosperous day!

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Frugality

Renewed
Apr 17, 2020
Earth
✟34,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
My therapist tells her coworkers about the things we discuss in session. The coworkers are telling the small town I live in and the whole town talks about what I said in sessions. I know this is a HIPAA violation about I am not sure I want to complain to the therapist's boss yet. Should I go ahead and do it?
Filing a HIPAA Complaint

They have zero business making it the talk of the town.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
1. I would definitely call and get an appointment set up with your social worker.
Meanwhile write down all your meds, the current dosage, and the effects that they have on you.

2. Ask your social worker to request a different doctor/therapist team, as the team you have now isn't dealing with your needs.

Best wishes & prayers that these problems can be dealt with by those in charge.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Keep a running, dated log of all your interactions with these people. Having it in black and white will help you remember and give you perspective and will count for much more with the administrators.

Upvote 0

TheTrueWay

Aug 7, 2020
Uk
✟28,515.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Dear Faith712,

I'm sorry to hear you've been going through this.

You've been given some helpful advice already........

As someone with experience of mental health difficulties, I really sense from what you've said about the seizures that you would benefit from asking for an expert second opinion medically as soon as you are able.

Also, I think there may be advocacy groups or charities that may help by supporting you through this. Perhaps someone might know of something?? Failing that, is there anyone through your local church willing to be a voice of support?

Edit: to be honest if it were me, I would be going to the hospital and explaining my concerns that it was the medication.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I certainly do have compassion for your situation. I know the temptation is to stand up for your rights. That would not be wrong. However, I think it would be better to talk to the people involved with you first. Let them know that there is a leak of information concerning your health care. I would not accuse them but rather ask them for help, to make sure what happens in the office stays in the office. This is a nice way to say you have given them notice. As to the script, it seems like you are at their mercy, since you have no alternative. I would ask them to change the script during your next office visit. It is sad you can't find the health care provider that would care enough to take care of this. many are under pressure though to reduce drug use. Hopefully, you can get by until your next visit. the most important thing you can do is turn it over to God and let him defend you. I once had an argument with a pharmacy and they refused to fill a script. I wanted to write the board of Pharmacy, and had retribution in mind. Instead, I turned it over to God and that entire pharmacy was closed in about 6 months. Strange too because that is pretty rare in my book. Look to god to sustain you in the meantime, that His healing power would take over some of your need. God bless.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,352.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone, I hope you guys are having a blessed and prosperous day. Please be safe and strong in times like this. :wave:

I am having big problems regarding my health.

The first problems are my mental health.

I have what's called a mental health team. It is made up of my doctor (a nurse able to write prescriptions), a therapist and a social worker. My social worker is new and I have not met her yet. It's my doctor and therapist I am struggling with me.

My therapist tells her coworkers about the things we discuss in session. The coworkers are telling the small town I live in and the whole town talks about what I said in sessions. I know this is a HIPAA violation about I am not sure I want to complain to the therapist's boss yet. Should I go ahead and do it? I mean they'll probably give her a warning because I do not have any evidence against her. It'd be my word against her and I am schizoaffective (schizophrenia with symptoms of bi polar) and they'd think I'm paranoid and hearing voices again.

Then there's my doctor. She recently lied to me and hung up the phone on me. We met and I asked her to increase my benzotropine to 2 mg twice a day and my latuda to 80 mg a day. She said she would do this. I just so happened to call my pharmacy to talk to them about something and they informed me the prescription she wrote was 1 mg benzotropine once a day and latuda 60mg once a day. The doctor at the behavioral health hospital put me on benzotropine twice a day, why would you decrease something I need more of? (The benzotropine treats the shaking and tremors I have due to my medicine.) So I called her on it and she said they did not have the 80mg in stock, that there was a shortage of it. I talked to my pharmacy and they said they had it in stock. She said we would talk about it early October and hung up on me before I could ask about the benztropine.

I have already tried to get away from these people, but other doctors have turned me down and transferred me back to them. In order to get to another doctor, I would have to pay cash and for some reason places won't take me if I have medicaid and want to pay in cash. So all I have in treatment from the state and not at the private level. Plus, to be honest, I can't afford to do it private level.

Finally, there's the episodes or seizures. I have these fits or episodes in which I can't stop looking up at the ceiling or sky and my eyes roll in the back of my head. The voices and the hallucinations plus being unable to think or remember things comes on so intense that all I can do is lay down and go to sleep. I am taking seizure medicines but it doesn't appear to be working.

I'm not sure what to do about these problems. If my antipsychotics are at fault about these seizures, then increasing them would make matters worse. If I don't increase the antipsychotics, then how am I supposed to make the voices go away? Then, if I increase the antipsychotics, then I'll sleep more and I'm already sleeping about 15 hours a day.

I want to go back to college and work a job and make more money. How am I supposed to do this with my health declining? I'm tired of drawing a tiny check. I want to be able to afford the things I want and my dreams. How do I get through this without losing faith in God? I have prayed about this and I KNOW he will intervene, but until then, how do I not worry? How do I get through these episodes?

Thank you for reading this and thank you to everyone who replies. Have a blessed and prosperous day!

I can understand some of your struggles, as I had a situation some years ago that got me involved in the Mental Health System, as a patient. It also made me very aware that the system although useful as a protective mechanism for some, has very little value in healing things like "the hearing of voices" as you mention.

As a Christian, the hearing of voices is common. It is my firm opinion that these voices come from the devil. This does not mean there is anything wrong with our faith. No, the devil just hates to see us on the winning side, and will attack our minds, to bring confusion, and mental weariness.

Jesus gave us the keys to win this fight. He would have us "renew our mind", making it line up with His Word. He would have us let the devil know we trust God's word not the devil's accusations, and voices. The bible tells us "resist the devil and he will flee from us".

Practically if you are assaulted by voices, i.e. "blaming others", you should tell the devil, no, I will always think the best of others if you are assaulted by negativity, and things that pull you down, let them know, that God says "you are fearfully and wonderfully made", that you are "the apple (center) of God's eye", that God will never take His protective eye off you, etc.

It is a battle, but the bible tells us "take captive every thought to the obedience of Christ", meaning don't let any thought, your own, or those injected into you, push you around, you push those thoughts out and replace them with something positive from God's words.

As for having seizures, I will begin to pray that God brings you healing from them and that he brings peace to your heart.

Upvote 0