• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I don't know if I can take it anymore

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Things get really tough at times. I sure know - been there many times. But I think we have strength deep inside of us that helps us to get through the rough times.

Choosing to post and share is a great solution to helping yourself get through a tough time. I'm sorry you're struggling, but I'm so glad you're here.

Upvote 0

LoyalToGod

Prayer Warrior for Christ
Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Things get really tough at times. I sure know - been there many times. But I think we have strength deep inside of us that helps us to get through the rough times.

Choosing to post and share is a great solution to helping yourself get through a tough time. I'm sorry you're struggling, but I'm so glad you're here.

thank you, but Idk, I lost the strength.

Upvote 0

LoyalToGod

Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You don't have to give up. Give yourself some time and hang on to the most tiny bit of hope you have deep inside to get you through.

easy for you to say. Try being hurt by humans over and over again, and when finally getting a slight piece of hope, BAM! It's dashed, never to be seen again...

Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
easy for you to say. Try being hurt by humans over and over again, and when finally getting a slight piece of hope, BAM! It's dashed, never to be seen again...

I'm a recovered cutter, who has been raped and tortured. I've spent most of my life preferring death over life. But God has given me life for some reason, and has brought me through this life for some reason. It's not easy for me to say - living sucks sometimes, and choosing not to cut is painful.

You have strength inside of you that you might not be able to see right now. And within that strength there is hope.

Upvote 0

LoyalToGod

Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm a recovered cutter, who has been raped and tortured. I've spent most of my life preferring death over life. But God has given me life for some reason, and has brought me through this life for some reason. It's not easy for me to say - living sucks sometimes, and choosing not to cut is painful.

You have strength inside of you that you might not be able to see right now. And within that strength there is hope.

what part of I have no strength don't you understand?

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Loyal, it's OK to feel the way you do right now. Obviously, nobody here wants to see you harmed or hurt, but in my opinion, you need to allow yourself to feel what you're feeling, in order to process it and move past it. All of us who have self-injured know what you're going through, because we've all gotten to the point where we didn't know what else to do, and we picked up something to hurt ourselves, because that was the only, desperate, last measure we had.

What I hope you will do, is try to pull back your thoughts and your focus to right here, and right now. Don't think about tomorrow. Don't think about next week. Don't think about other people. Don't think about the past. Just take a moment, and focus on right now. You're here, you're alive, you've got yourself, and you own this moment.

Sometimes, sweetie, the best we can do is take life one moment at a time, one breath at a time. Sometimes we don't have the strength to handle a whole day, or even a whole hour, at a time. So pull it back to whatever YOU can manage. Take a breath... let it out... there's another second that you survived and you're still here. You survive today in a way that YOU can manage.

Update us when you can, OK? *hugs*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoyalToGod

Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Loyal, it's OK to feel the way you do right now. Obviously, nobody here wants to see you harmed or hurt, but in my opinion, you need to allow yourself to feel what you're feeling, in order to process it and move past it. All of us who have self-injured know what you're going through, because we've all gotten to the point where we didn't know what else to do, and we picked up something to hurt ourselves, because that was the only, desperate, last measure we had.

What I hope you will do, is try to pull back your thoughts and your focus to right here, and right now. Don't think about tomorrow. Don't think about next week. Don't think about other people. Don't think about the past. Just take a moment, and focus on right now. You're here, you're alive, you've got yourself, and you own this moment.

Sometimes, sweetie, the best we can do is take life one moment at a time, one breath at a time. Sometimes we don't have the strength to handle a whole day, or even a whole hour, at a time. So pull it back to whatever YOU can manage. Take a breath... let it out... there's another second that you survived and you're still here. You survive today in a way that YOU can manage.

Update us when you can, OK? *hugs*

thanks Inkachu, but it sounds too simple when, in reality, it's not THAT simple. Idk

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
thanks Inkachu, but it sounds too simple when, in reality, it's not THAT simple. Idk

Never said it was simple or easy, hon. If it WERE, we wouldn't have to reduce ourselves to trying to survive life one breath at a time :)

What matters is that you determine to keep going, whether it's hard and complicated or not.

Upvote 0

LoyalToGod

Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's not that simple - but at the same time it is.
Don't give up, sweetie. If you are strong enough to come this far, you can keep going.
One minute - then the next

Praying for you :hug:

thank you, Criada

Upvote 0

JohnLocke

Sep 23, 2006
✟9,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
Simple ain't easy mate.

Fact: People Suck.
Fact: You'll hurt worse later than you do now.
Fact: One day you'll feel like you're almost over, and you'll get kicked in the teeth.

I can't sugar coat it for you. People suck. If you're trying to get your sense of worth out of people, you're in bad shakes.

Question: so what? Ultimately, this is the is question we all face. "So Whatcha gonna do about it?" <staff edit>

You're hurting and it sucks, and I can sympathize with that. <staff edit> I get it. And Yeah, I haven't figured out any reason why anything would be better with me in in existence tomorrow than today either.

The point of it is not what great contribution I could make or you could make, but what kind of message would be sending to <staff edit> if they succeeded in killing us off. I've long since lost my eloquence, 'cause honest to God I'm hanging by a thread, but y'know if you really wanted to end it all you wouldn't be coming here mate. Life sucks. I know more than most. <staff edit>

<staff edit> I should shut<staff edit> up. But don't let them win. For God's sake don't let them win. They get so much else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
P

praise123

Dear friend,

"Look to God and his strength, seek his face always"

Sometimes our strength is gone. We are not strong enough. That is why Jesus, the wonderful Saviour paid for our sins and we must rely on that. He is generous and wants us to rely on his strength, not ours When we have no strength, wait. Be as still as we can and wait for the Lord. He will come through. Those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength. Our salvation does not depend on our good works. Lord if you counted our transgressions, who would stand? Lord, have mercy on us sinners. Lord, please help our friend in dire need.

Upvote 0

LoyalToGod

Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Simple ain't easy mate.

Fact: People Suck.
Fact: You'll hurt worse later than you do now.
Fact: One day you'll feel like you're almost over, and you'll get kicked in the teeth.

I can't sugar coat it for you. People suck. If you're trying to get your sense of worth out of people, you're in bad shakes.

Question: so what? Ultimately, this is the is question we all face. "So Whatcha gonna do about it?" <staff edit>

You're hurting and it sucks, and I can sympathize with that. <staff edit> I get it. And Yeah, I haven't figured out any reason why anything would be better with me in in existence tomorrow than today either.

The point of it is not what great contribution I could make or you could make, but what kind of message would be sending to <staff edit> if they succeeded in killing us off. I've long since lost my eloquence, 'cause honest to God I'm hanging by a thread, but y'know if you really wanted to end it all you wouldn't be coming here mate. Life sucks. I know more than most. <staff edit>

<staff edit> I should shut<staff edit> up. But don't let them win. For God's sake don't let them win. They get so much else.

Dear friend,

"Look to God and his strength, seek his face always"

Sometimes our strength is gone. We are not strong enough. That is why Jesus, the wonderful Saviour paid for our sins and we must rely on that. He is generous and wants us to rely on his strength, not ours When we have no strength, wait. Be as still as we can and wait for the Lord. He will come through. Those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength. Our salvation does not depend on our good works. Lord if you counted our transgressions, who would stand? Lord, have mercy on us sinners. Lord, please help our friend in dire need.

thanks you two.

Upvote 0

chrisstavrous

Mar 2, 2014
Melbourne
✟485.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I can't seem to overcome anything anymore. No one cares about me at all. I'm all alone. Even my family doesn't care. That's it, I'll give it a shot...
Next time you see a little bug that is so weak and defensless, realize that that bug has won the right to exist in a world that lives on the knifes edge of life. Realize that little bug is amazingly complex in its genetics and now think of yourself, are you not even more amazing.

Upvote 0

chrisstavrous

Mar 2, 2014
Melbourne
✟485.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I can't seem to overcome anything anymore. No one cares about me at all. I'm all alone. Even my family doesn't care. That's it, I'll give it a shot...
Your not alone because I have been through so much pain too and many times I had to vomit to survive. I have been tormented by people day and night, I have spent countless hours awake, I have been covered in sores, I have lived in abandoned houses and on the cold streets, I have been to doctor after doctor and only got worse, been beaten and bullied, been kicked out of my home, been lied to at every turn, been left by every girl, lost my daughter, lost my real family, lost all my possessions over and over, been lonely and depressed, been lost and in distress, and I even have gone stark raving mad. And this is only a little of what I had to enjure, and I believe in you to get through infinity and beyond because I believed I was the weakest of them all.

Upvote 0

spider28x

Jan 15, 2013
✟7,870.00
Faith
Christian
I feel the same my life seems the same way or was when I was younger I used to be a bully a lot and I experienced a lot that you have and tonight I was feeling like I don't know what to do with myself but as I read what you posted it helped me to realize things that ever since I started to seek God I perceived what I go through different before before I ever seek God I looked at troubles like it was meaning that I was nothing and what people thought of me I let it affect me like I'm kinda doing tonight but by reading your post it's making me remember that I have a purpose of God when I am going through troubles like when I am bully by the strength of Christ I can forgive those who believe me when I lose things by faith in Christ I worry not but be thankful that I did not lose my life yeah I see things now different as I seek God but sometimes As I am in troubles I forget who God is and Who am I to him

Upvote 0