• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I Don't Have Any Value

brandynicole

Jul 3, 2017
Florida
✟27,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I question why God would create me just so the world can reject me so cruelly. My one wish is to just be normal like everyone else. Me not being around would make things easier for others.

Not to mention, I take up space and create problems everywhere I go. No one can bear my miserable presence. It's awful. Not a single church (out of almost 25), friend, peer, family member, nor counselor can stand the sight of me.

Honestly, I feel the worst for my parents: They had to give birth to a monstrous baby.

TexFire316

Come as a child, with no agenda
Jan 31, 2017
Conroe, Texas
Visit site
✟29,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brandy, I must see these new threads that you start every week. Same 'woe is me' topic in each thread. I've seen you receive some very good advice on how to fellowship with your Maker. You should pay heed to that advice because the One that made you is able to put you under His microscope and determine what motives you have.

Do you really wish to be within God's crosshairs or are you going to respond to Him this time?

I have lived through the time when God has to send His messengers to really get my attention, you won't like it.

• Agree
Reactions: Dansiph
Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Listen @brandynicole. Whatever you do, don't give in to Satan's lies. He wants you to believe those bad things about yourself. But take those thoughts captive and throw them back in his face.
God does not create anyone just so they can be rejected. He loves every one just the same, no matter who you are. Unfortunately, many people in this world don't like people that are different then themselves. But remember, this world is controlled by Satan, the father of lies. Don't listen to him. Don't give in to the temptation to think you are worthless or useless. Sometimes the people who are the most different in the world's eyes end up doing the most for God.
Don't let the devil drag you down. You are important and loved by God, and don't let anyone make you think otherwise.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I question why God would create me just so the world can reject me so cruelly. My one wish is to just be normal like everyone else. Me not being around would make things easier for others.

Not to mention, I take up space and create problems everywhere I go. No one can bear my miserable presence. It's awful. Not a single church (out of almost 25), friend, peer, family member, nor counselor can stand the sight of me.

Honestly, I feel the worst for my parents: They had to give birth to a monstrous baby.

Have you talked to anybody about how you feel, like your doctor or a counsellor?

All humans have value as we are all made in the image of God, marred by sin but we are all precious in God's sight.

How much time have you given those 25 churches, a year two years or just one or two services?

Do you attend any single church regularly? If you do please arrange to talk with the minster or to his wife about how you feel.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So change. What's stopping you? People tend to say "can't" but what they mean is "won't".

Live your life, don't waste it. God is there for you but you have to first except him and open your heart.

Upvote 0

brandynicole

Jul 3, 2017
Florida
✟27,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you talked to anybody about how you feel, like your doctor or a counsellor?

All humans have value as we are all made in the image of God, marred by sin but we are all precious in God's sight.

How much time have you given those 25 churches, a year two years or just one or two services?

Do you attend any single church regularly? If you do please arrange to talk with the minster or to his wife about how you feel.

I've spent 3 years at my current church. But I've been known to stay as little as 4 months once I realize I don't fit in there (honestly, too late in many cases).

Many months ago I sent 3 emails to my current pastor, his wife, and the counseling director about my issues finding "community" and asked for advice. I even messaged them on their social media pages asking if they've read it. And from what the app says, they read the messages but have not replied. They just don't want to talk to me. My pastor glares at me during services and at church events. He doesn't want me there and I don't know why.

This same thing has happened too many times: small groups, counselors, pastors. I just don't understand what is wrong with me.

Upvote 0

brandynicole

Jul 3, 2017
Florida
✟27,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Brandy, I must see these new threads that you start every week. Same 'woe is me' topic in each thread. I've seen you receive some very good advice on how to fellowship with your Maker. You should pay heed to that advice because the One that made you is able to put you under His microscope and determine what motives you have.

Do you really wish to be within God's crosshairs or are you going to respond to Him this time?

I have lived through the time when God has to send His messengers to really get my attention, you won't like it.

From what I understand, I have a mental illness. Sometimes things get confusing. Half the time, I don't even remember posting. Sorry.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've spent 3 years at my current church. But I've been known to stay as little as 4 months once I realize I don't fit in there (honestly, too late in many cases).

Many months ago I sent 3 emails to my current pastor, his wife, and the counseling director about my issues finding "community" and asked for advice. I even messaged them on their social media pages asking if they've read it. And from what the app says, they read the messages but have not replied. They just don't want to talk to me. My pastor glares at me during services and at church events. He doesn't want me there and I don't know why.

This same thing has happened too many times: small groups, counselors, pastors. I just don't understand what is wrong with me.

I am sorry that they are not telling te you.
May I suggest that if your church is meeting that you attend and go up to him and ask him how does he understand James command to look after those less fortunate then themselves.
Ask him why he does not answer your three emails.
Put him on the spot

It takes courage to challenge bigoted thinking you have that courage as you keep trying.

• Agree
Upvote 0

brandynicole

Jul 3, 2017
Florida
✟27,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am sorry that they are not telling te you.
May I suggest that if your church is meeting that you attend and go up to him and ask him how does he understand James command to look after those less fortunate then themselves.
Ask him why he does not answer your three emails.
Put him on the spot

It takes courage to challenge bigoted thinking you have that courage as you keep trying.

Thanks. I'll try to speak to him the next time we meet in person.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you heard THIS brandynicole ?

When my soul was embittered, when I was pricked in heart, -Psalms 73:21
I was brutish and ignorant; I was like a beast toward you. -Psalms 73:22
Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand. -Psalms 73:23
You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory. -Psalms 73:24
Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. -Psalms 73:25
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. -Psalms 73:26
For behold, those who are far from you shall perish; you put an end to everyone who is unfaithful to you. -Psalms 73:27
But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, that I may tell of all your works. -Psalms 73:28

I hope you are encouraged in Christ.
I hope that you find the comfort of God’s love.
I hope you find God’s strength.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I

the Holy Spirit is a comforter and the Gospel is good news. No condemnation. Rest in that as best you can @brandynicole . I have been there and I know it isn't easy but we are overcomes through what Jesus did for us. He has paid it all

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
From what I understand, I have a mental illness. Sometimes things get confusing. Half the time, I don't even remember posting. Sorry.
I

Same here. It isn't self pity it is a brain and emotions issue. don't worry about those who don't get it. Jesus doesn't condemn us.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟709,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I too struggle with Low self esteem and often feel left out and as if im nothing special.
God always helps me out though by reminding me of who I am in him.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Were you abused? Are you a nice person? Do you have anything that makes you happy?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesusfann777888

Mar 28, 2021
manhattan
✟18,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

This is a spiritual problem. satan is bullying you and you need to curb the bullying. satan can posess certain people. It's to demoralize you. In fact you probably have such great value in God's Plan for your life, you're a threat.satan's threats it deals with most vigorously.

• Optimistic
Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0