• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I dont feel like a strong mom

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟137,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wish alot that i was like my mom. She never struggled with anxiety or anything mental and was able to be strong for us whwn we needed it.
Idk i just feel bad for my kids bc i deal with anxiety ..and their grandma is like a co-mom to them.

I just dont feel strong enough to be able to hold my fears and theirs. I feel im struggli g at times.
I wish i w as stronger.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wish alot that i was like my mom. She never struggled with anxiety or anything mental and was able to be strong for us whwn we needed it.
Idk i just feel bad for my kids bc i deal with anxiety ..and their grandma is like a co-mom to them.

I just dont feel strong enough to be able to hold my fears and theirs. I feel im struggli g at times.
I wish i w as stronger.
I will pray for you but you should ask the Holy Spirit to strengthen you. You can do this with the help of God, do not let satan put doubt in your mind, you are an over comer.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟137,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I will pray for you but you should ask the Holy Spirit to strengthen you. You can do this with the help of God, do not let satan put doubt in your mind, you are an over comer.
I will pray for that.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wish i w as stronger.

Feelings have nothing to do with it.

You have children, they need to be washed, clothed, fed, taken to school and who knows what other things need doing.

It is a case of doing the job in front of you.

Yes you may be full of doubt and anxiety, do your screaming inside and deal with your children.

Get organised, write out a menu for the week or for the month, from that write out a shopping list, go shopping and put a copy of the menu on a cupboard door, inside the cupboard have a folder with the recipes.
Write out a to do list of everything that needs to be done in the home, for the kids, break it down into daily tasks and pin it up on a cupboard and get on with it.

Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟137,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Feelings have nothing to do with it.

You have children, they need to be washed, clothed, fed, taken to school and who knows what other things need doing.

It is a case of doing the job in front of you.

Yes you may be full of doubt and anxiety, do your screaming inside and deal with your children.

Get organised, write out a menu for the week or for the month, from that write out a shopping list, go shopping and put a copy of the menu on a cupboard door, inside the cupboard have a folder with the recipes.
Write out a to do list of everything that needs to be done in the home, for the kids, break it down into daily tasks and pin it up on a cupboard and get on with it.

I do all of the above. Idk i guess I want to be strong enough to hold their fears as well as my own.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do all of the above. Idk i guess I want to be strong enough to hold their fears as well as my own.
Trust, trust God, you do not have to depend on just your strength you can depend on God.

Upvote 0

Jesusfann777888

Mar 28, 2021
manhattan
✟18,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your mother had fears, it was a different time and you are a person with your own life Circumstance's. Too much in your head. Your kids call you Mommy, see yourself as they see you. Too self-conscious, your focusing on what you think about yourself that is depressing you.

Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0
May 22, 2021
Spring Hill
✟7,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's been some time since you posted this. How are you doing now?
I appreciate what Tolworth John said above about getting organized and making a plan and burying your anxiety and dealing with the moment at hand .. but I personally don't believe it's that simple. Not everyone works that way.

Personally, I'm a software engineer. I know all about organization and steps and procedures and schedules. I used to try to apply rules and regulations to my family and my life.

I'm now learning that life is not a straight line. Life is not a math equation. Life can't just be outlined in a diagram on a whiteboard.

Life is messy. Life is organic. Trees grow crooked. And that's ok. Not only is it ok, it's actually PERFECT. God's perfection is not the same as our definition of perfection. We think we have to be a certain breed of parent in order to be good at parenting. Parenting is organic. It comes in millions of different flavors.

"I don't feel like a strong mom". You only need to be a strong daughter of Christ. He will carry you. His Holy Spirit will work on your heart to calm you and give you resolve. Don't try to be "perfect" or "strong" in the world's eyes.

He made you exactly who He needs you to be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟138,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Don't judge yourself too harshly by comparing yourself to past generations. This world is changing constantly. As long as you are taking care of your kids you're doing a great job. There is nothing wrong with your mom helping out either, that is a good thing. It doesn't make you less to have assistance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
There is no such thing as a weak Mom. You are all incredible creations of the Lord. I pray for more strength for you personally, but this world is not hospitable to our beliefs which make your job harder than ever.

Upvote 0