• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I dont expect anyone to care but I feel neglected to ask.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Your reasoning/thinking is bizarre. Maybe you need to discuss this with a professional. You are going to ruin your marriage if you don’t stop. This is not God’s fault. It’s her’s. And it’s going to be your fault as well if you don’t stop obsessing on this. Why in the world would you care if she would get romantically involved with you when you are married?

Oh I dont know but this is a common occurance. If adultery wasnt tempting nobody would do it. Question though, How is my being worried about her basically being imprisoned in Alcatraz bizzare? Especially when you care about someone? And have cared about them for almost your entire life! How is my compassion for a woman who's been abandoned by the world and desperately needs Christ a bad thing?

I'm not obsessing over her, I'm WORRIED SICK about her. I mentioned the odds of getting romantically involved with her for the readers benefit not mine. Ive said it before and Ill say it again I want, I choose, and i love my wife. I made a vow to be with her forever and I plan to KEEP that vow. I did admit that I would be tempted by a romance but arent YOU tempted by sin everyday? Dont YOU become victorious or not over sin everyday?

I'm sorry I'm massively offended at you basically calling my ex a monster. She's not. She's just as much of a sinner as you and I are. Just because she happens to sin differently than us does NOT make her a monster nor understate her NEED for Christ!

Also, I'm not ruining my marriage. I just shared my feelings with her and the entirety of what I just posted here. She said and I quote "you have the right to be worried about her, but since shes been incarcerated in a maximum security prison before for the same reason, she can probably handle herself." Shes made me feel a little better but I still wanted to be comforted by other people because I thought they would care and understand my situation. But yes, my wife also feels SORRY for her. As should everyone wearing the title of Christian. Just because a human being happens to sin differently than you do does not make them any less of a person!

I mean you're basically saying its okay for her to be beaten, raped, shanked or even possibly killed and I have no right to be worried about her because shes a monster who will ruin my marriage when this trial has been making me love and respect and remember the commitments I made to my wife even MORE. I avoided talking about this with her because I didnt want to hurt her but the ONLY thing that hurt her was I made a mistake and called her my girlfriend instead of ex but shes over that. I'm sorry... I'm just SO angry at you right now because what you're saying is upsetting and VERY hurtful.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,649,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh I dont know but this is a common occurance. If adultery wasnt tempting nobody would do it. Question though, How is my being worried about her basically being imprisoned in Alcatraz bizzare? Especially when you care about someone? And have cared about them for almost your entire life! How is my compassion for a woman who's been abandoned by the world and desperately needs Christ a bad thing?
She is no longer in your life. You are not her savior. As far as sin being tempting, so what? It’s still sin isn’t it.

I'm not obsessing over her, I'm WORRIED SICK about her. I mentioned the odds of getting romantically involved with her for the readers benefit not mine. Ive said it before and Ill say it again I want, I choose, and i love my wife. I made a vow to be with her forever and I plan to KEEP that vow. I did admit that I would be tempted by a romance but arent YOU tempted by sin everyday? Dont YOU become victorious or not over sin everyday?
Of course. What does that have to do with anything? You need to simply pray for her and trust God. You again, are not her savior.

I'm sorry I'm massively offended at you basically calling my ex a monster. She's not. She's just as much of a sinner as you and I are. Just because she happens to sin differently than us does NOT make her a monster nor understate her NEED for Christ!
You said that. I didn’t.

Also, I'm not ruining my marriage. I just shared my feelings with her and the entirety of what I just posted here. She said and I quote "you have the right to be worried about her, but since shes been incarcerated in a maximum security prison before for the same reason, she can probably handle herself." Shes made me feel a little better but I still wanted to be comforted by other people because I thought they would care and understand my situation. But yes, my wife also feels SORRY for her. As should everyone wearing the title of Christian. Just because a human being happens to sin differently than you do does not make them any less of a person!
You are projecting again. You are simply wagging your finger at me to justify yourself.

I mean you're basically saying its okay for her to be beaten, raped, shanked or even possibly killed and I have no right to be worried about her because shes a monster who will ruin my marriage when this trial has been making me love and respect and remember the commitments I made to my wife even MORE. I avoided talking about this with her because I didnt want to hurt her but the ONLY thing that hurt her was I made a mistake and called her my girlfriend instead of ex but shes over that. I'm sorry... I'm just SO angry at you right now because what you're saying is upsetting and VERY hurtful.

I said none of that. You did. To justify yourself. By the way, you might want to ask a moderator to move this to advise. This is the prayer forum.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

turkle

Blessed
Jan 25, 2004
✟225,907.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You really need to stop getting offended and defensive and listen to Michie. You are obsessed. It's unhealthy, both for you and especially for your marriage. If your wife was obsessing over a twice convicted child molester who used to be her lover, would you be okay with it?

Your worrying about what will happen in the prison is not going to change a single thing for her, but it is changing you into and obsessive, confused person. You know you shouldn't contact her. You said so. Then you want to write. Or possibly visit. You don't know what you're doing, but I can assure you that it is destructive.

My job is to minister to inmates. I have a team of great Christians who do so as well. Every prison has a ministry team. Leave it in their hands. We know what we are doing. Leave her to God, and stop thinking about her. I really think you should get professional help quickly, before you destroy your wife, your marriage and yourself. I think Michie is right, you are trying to justify yourself and find people who will agree with you and encourage you to "minister" to this woman. So far, you haven't found any, and I doubt that you will. I think you are trying to be a hero to this woman, and that is not a healthy thing to be. Please, for your wife's sake as well as your own, rethink your priorities and get help.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father, I pray that You grant this request for this person's ex or friend that she may find You and change her heart and her ways. I pray that You will keep Neostarwcc strong and help him to avoid the temptation to get caught up with her again. "Do not be deceived "Bad company corrupts good morals" 1 Corinthians 15:33 "Follow the steps of the godly instead, and stay on the right path. Proverbs 2:20. May he feel peace and be assured that his prayer has reached Your ears to intercede for her, thank You LORD, In Jesus Name, Amen

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father, I pray that You grant this request for this person's ex or friend that she may find You and change her heart and her ways. I pray that You will keep Neostarwcc strong and help him to avoid the temptation to get caught up with her again. "Do not be deceived "Bad company corrupts good morals" 1 Corinthians 15:33 "Follow the steps of the godly instead, and stay on the right path. Proverbs 2:20. May he feel peace and be assured that his prayer has reached Your ears to intercede for her, thank You LORD, In Jesus Name, Amen

Thank you!

Upvote 0