Mtol117

May 31, 2016
New Jersey
✟37,160.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
i have had depression for years, and it prevents me from following my dreams. I don’t feel the connection I had with the lord like I used too, and I feel lost. I feel like I am unable to pursue my goals, and I feel like I am incapable of changing anything. Please pray for me to overcome this

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I still experience intense depressive episodes, but try hard not to think of it as a disorder or a disease, just as sorrow and heaviness which often comes. For me, this helps me to focus more on the good in life, and weather the sadness better.

I also have had many, many goals and so far, none of them has happened. Maybe your goals are not God's will for your life? Try asking Him, no matter what, that His Perfect Will will be done in your life, and to help you to follow Christ, and love others.

I believe that if we pray that, the rest will follow.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i have had depression for years, and it prevents me from following my dreams. I don’t feel the connection I had with the lord like I used too, and I feel lost. I feel like I am unable to pursue my goals, and I feel like I am incapable of changing anything. Please pray for me to overcome this
Praying brother. Which goals are you unable to pursue.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I have Bipolar Depression and Mania, and the two mix in the worst possible ways sometimes. I'll pray for you, but also don't forget to pray, fast, and meditate on the word of God, and also don't forget to bind and rebuke the demonic spirits that can cause depression in Jesus Name, as when the depression leaves, if they are still around, it will come back.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes depression is a curse. i've got a depressive illness and have been battling depression for most of my life.

i found the best way to beat the power of depression and to find God back in your miserable times is to accept His promises for yourself because you believe in Jesus.

i found that fight thoughts and feelings that depression brought my way, such as sadness, hopelessness, despair, bitterness, self reproach, anger, low self esteem, guilt, shame, regrets and fear with God's good life, such as love, faith, hope, long suffering, caring, sharing, gentleness, patience, forgiveness, grace, kindness, thankfulness and joy.

i realised that what we sow we shall harvest so that it was best to sow good thoughts and feelings brought about by having faith in God's loving truth.

It was a real battle where i would pray for God's good life and ask for faith in His love and learn to apply His promises to my life. At first only seconds free from the lies of my bad life but soon o began to grow and within a few year i learned to fight my ongoing depression with God's loving truth. It is sure good to have Him with me while i go through my valleys.

To make a long story short it is great to have God's loving truth with me 24/7 for He keeps me save from the attacks of my depressed feelings and thoughts. For with Him i can be floored by my depression and still be thankful to God for the ability to get good out of bad for me suffering that.

His love is amazingly capable to deal with bad life no matter how deep down we meet that.

Peace

To God's Depressed Child,

To think less of yourself then God's own
Brings you much pain and suffering.
Your worth is an incredible high price
Also for you did Jesus die on the cross.

Depression is also what devil's lies brings inside
letting a low-self-esteem your good life rob
Untruths roaming freely through heart and mind
Evil lies extinguishing all happiness and fun.

His loving truth brings you His good life
While to believe lies brings pain and grief
So hold onto the promises Jesus made to you
and don't let Satan your good life squander.

Take hold of God's precious loving truth.
A life in Him stays safe from lies that hurt.
Jesus' truth will comfort your bleeding heart
Lovingly remaking your fallen life anew.

Upvote 0