• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I don’t love anyone or care about anyone

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there something wrong with me? I feel like I don’t really care about anyone. My grandparent died and I didn’t even get upset at all. I’m losing my other grandparent too and I don’t know if I care to be honest as awful as that sounds. I also have parents and siblings and even though most of them are nice to me I don’t know if I love or care about them.
I feel like I have no heart. I can’t help it - it’s just the way I am.

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you have any friends you can talk to?

You must care on some level otherwise you wouldn't bother to post.
I don’t have any friends.

Upvote 0

Llleopard

Jun 5, 2018
Hawkes Bay New Zealand
✟135,729.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can I ask if you have any diagnosis of anything in the mood disorder or autism range? I am asperger's, and also take medication for anxiety. My feelings are very flat and neutral even towards my children and family. Other people seem to be much more affected with emotions and feelings that I simply can't relate to or understand. I've stopped trying to feel things that I just don't, and don't talk about it much because people seem to think I'm a tad odd when I do. It may really just be the way you are, which is okay!

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Not everybody grieves the same way and some people tend to get angry rather than sad when it comes to loss.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there something wrong with me? I feel like I don’t really care about anyone. My grandparent died and I didn’t even get upset at all. I’m losing my other grandparent too and I don’t know if I care to be honest as awful as that sounds. I also have parents and siblings and even though most of them are nice to me I don’t know if I love or care about them.

Maybe your heart is more interested in your profile picture

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hi Andrew,

Maybe try to realize that when stresses in life are overwhelming and pressing in upon the mind of any one person like yourself for too long, he or she can start to feel a little numb to all the various hardships or sad events that come along. It could be likened to a form of depression; in fact, that may be kind of what it is. Life is hard and folks in our families pass on, and sometimes we find we're not sad about it all, or at least we're not sad about it right now like we used to be or would have been earlier on.

It's kind of part of being human, and our mind and emotions get tired of processing some of these things. So, while that's perhaps not a lot of encouragement, maybe take a little heart in knowing that it may not be that you don't care, but that you're kind of frazzled by things. It happens, bro!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seek the Lord Jesus Christ Andrew, never concern yourself with medical people. Seek the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul, in all sincerity. If it doesn't happen immediately, start listening to sermons about Christ and what he did for you, me and everyone. It will happen Andrew. when the Lord speaks to you, take yourself into a private room and plead before the Lord's feet for forgiveness and mercy, ask him into your heart and change your heart of stone and ask him to guide you in life.

here is a great starter sermon Andrew
What think ye of Christ?

god bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I recall the bible talking about that where in the latter days men would be without natural affection amongst a list of a number of character traits in 2nd Timothy Chapter 3.

So it's a sign of the times, but that doesn't make it a cop out - Transforming hearts is what God does, so praying is important if you notice you are lacking compassion for others.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe your heart is more interested in your profile picture
Can I ask if you have any diagnosis of anything in the mood disorder or autism range? I am asperger's, and also take medication for anxiety. My feelings are very flat and neutral even towards my children and family. Other people seem to be much more affected with emotions and feelings that I simply can't relate to or understand. I've stopped trying to feel things that I just don't, and don't talk about it much because people seem to think I'm a tad odd when I do. It may really just be the way you are, which is okay!
I did a social skills test and got 18/100. I also did an autism test and it said I showed signs. Maybe you are right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
True, but caring about wanting to care is still a kind of emotion, so you know you're not actually a rock. Xx

True, though it needs softened more as he already admits his heart is hard. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Pray the same will happen to Andrew.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with Lleopard. This describes me, too. That's ok. It's how we are. It doesn't mean you're bad, or broken. Just different.

No, its not OK to be bad or broken or different. Christ doesn't want that. Andrew can be renewed by the power of Jesus Christ. Why think that's just how we are? The Lord can work miracles in our lives, he can change the most stubborn sinners/heart into one that's in obedience to him and do mighty works for him on this Earth. He could even make Andrew teach you in your unbelief that you can do mighty things for the Lord. Amen.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sermons about Christ
It is good to be humble and know how God our Father is the One who really cares >

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:3)

So, trust God about this; God does change us so we share with Him in how He is caring.

Transforming hearts is what God does, so praying is important if you notice you are lacking compassion for others.
And as God changes us, also we can use our sin failures to help us feel for others and what they are going through in their sin problems >

"He can have compassion on those who are ignorant and going astray, since he himself is also subject to weakness." (Hebrews 5:2)

I did a social skills test and got 18/100
Now, of course, in the United States married American couples have had more than a fifty-percent divorce rate > this could mean there a lot of Americans have social skill issues. So - - what if ones of these are the ones giving you the test items????

I mean, ones testing you might not really know how to love, themselves. Even so > I read some Asperger's things and I was stunned how many went for me. But . . . in my case, what I noted was how so many were about how I can be so into myself and not caring about others as myself. And I can be not feeling for others, but making people mainly theoretical and with one-size-fits-all ways of seeing people. So, in my case, it was clear I had problems deeper than only a brain thing; I needed how God alone can change us to how He has us loving.

But even if a secular person can point out things about me, this does not mean that person can take me where I need to go. Only God is able to change me to how His word says to love.

So, may be you will do well to see how God's word says to relate and communicate. There is plenty in the Bible to help us find out how to love. I offer how every scripture can be used by God to help you find out how to relate and share in love. And Jesus makes us strong and wise, so we can keep on loving when others reject us and do not understand us and avoid us. His love makes us deeply sound, but still caring and ready for love, so we are best friends of unloving people, by being their good example of how to love.

There are plenty of people who do not know how to love you. But with Jesus we can be their good example, but while we keep seeking God for real correction.

God's love is where all of His word is coming from. So, any scripture has God's love meaning.

And love isn't only about skills, but how we become in sharing with God.

There are people who seem to be one of the most intelligent, charming, Jesus-talking people around. But they can not handle being in a marriage, can not tell the difference between who can and who will not do well in marriage. And yet they can think they should be mentoring everyone.

So, your adventure includes finding people who are true examples for Jesus. Even a lot of very smart and educated and socially accepted people have not been able to do this. But God loves to help people who know they are helpless, and love "hopes all things" > in 1 Corinthians 13:7.

So, yes you do need to care about people, and have hope for anyone, at all . . . including yourself; because Jesus God's own Son suffered and died like He did, on the cross, with hope for any person, at all. So He wants you to share with Him :)

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: pantingdeer
Upvote 0