• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

I do not want to dance or read anymore at my church, is it wrong?

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by thelordskingdom777, Apr 21, 2017.

1. thelordskingdom777

thelordskingdom777 Newbie

+498
    Messianic
    Single
    US-Republican
    I go to a messianic church and I used to dance and read (I danced last at least two weeks ago). I do not want to read anymore (reading scriptures in front of the congregation, but it is for the Torah Service) but I do not mind dancing (worship dancing). Is it a sin?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Winken

Winken Heimat Supporter

+3,454
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    No. Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say, rejoice!

3. rockytopva

rockytopva Love to pray! :) Supporter

+6,054
    Pentecostal
    Single
    There are two trumpets! The Word and the Spirit! The Spirit of God will make you hunger for more of the Word. Pray God for more of the Spirit and the interest in the Word will be renewed.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  4. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+102,951
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    :heart: Praying for you (((hug)))

5. ToBeLoved

ToBeLoved Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,424
    Non-Denom
    Private
    What you do in church, like read scripture in front of the congregation is a very small piece of who you are in Christ. Christ lives in you everyday, in every moment and we can give Him glory every time we love another or help another.

Don't worry about not wanting to read in public, many people do not like public speaking. Just be you, God loves you just as you are.

6. Kit Sigmon

Kit Sigmon Well-Known Member

+1,273
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Not sure...could you shed some more light on why you don't want to read scripture or dance?
    Or is the heading of this thread a typo, since you included both but in the
    post body you say you don't mind dancing?

7. Greg J.

Greg J. Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,881
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    And David was dancing before the LORD with all his might, and David was wearing a linen ephod. (2 Samuel 6:14, 1984 NASB)

Also 2 Samuel 6:16 and 1 Chronicles 15:29.

What is in the heart of a person (e.g., dancer) is what determines if something is a sin or not, as well as what he believes its effects will be on others. It's good to dance because of pure-hearted joy unless it would harm others' relationships with God. If the dancing is a celebration of the Lord, it might not even matter how others would view it.

8. fm107

fm107 Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:20

+76
    United Kingdom
    Protestant
    Single
    Dancing in church is not scriptural. To those who are quoting from the OT to justify it, are in fact misleading.

The church pertains to the NT and the direction we take for worship and conduct also come from the NT. We don't worship through animal sacrifices or dancing like David did in the OT.

The Lord set out how we are to worship, I.E. in spirit and truth, not physically like dancing. John 4:24

9. seeking.IAM

seeking.IAM Episcopalian Supporter

+1,949
    Anglican
    Married
    I do not know how dance is incorporated into worship in the Messianic tradition. But, I can say regarding the traditions in which I have worshipped, I would thank any liturgical dancer who quit dancing. I might even pay them for doing so.