aspie3000

Jul 2, 2016
South Carolina
✟28,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've tried coming back to God by turning from my sins and changing my behavior but I've found that it is impossible. So in reading the Bible I have found out the problem I think. I'm not saved. That prayer I prayed as a little child did not save me and so my life has been ravaged by enslavement to sin. Lust, hard headed rebellion against God, racism, a foul mouth, a general hatred of humanity, a deep anger hiding under the surface. No one who has been saved by God makes a practice of sinning this horribly for 14 straight years. I wish to rectify this by being saved and being freed from the shackles of sin. There lies one problem. How am I to be saved? I've prayed a thousand prayers for salvation and yet here I stand as wretched as ever. How can I be saved? How can I be set free from these shackles?

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've tried coming back to God by turning from my sins and changing my behavior but I've found that it is impossible. So in reading the Bible I have found out the problem I think. I'm not saved. That prayer I prayed as a little child did not save me and so my life has been ravaged by enslavement to sin. Lust, hard headed rebellion against God, racism, a foul mouth, a general hatred of humanity, a deep anger hiding under the surface. No one who has been saved by God makes a practice of sinning this horribly for 14 straight years. I wish to rectify this by being saved and being freed from the shackles of sin. There lies one problem. How am I to be saved? I've prayed a thousand prayers for salvation and yet here I stand as wretched as ever. How can I be saved? How can I be set free from these shackles?
Great passages: John 14; Romans 8; John's First Epistle - only 5 chapters but very searching and intense about light, cleansing by the blood of God's Son, and fellowship with the Father and the Son.

• Agree
Reactions: Greg Merrill
Upvote 0

aspie3000

Jul 2, 2016
South Carolina
✟28,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Great passages: John 14; Romans 8; John's First Epistle - only 5 chapters but very searching and intense about light, cleansing by the blood of God's Son, and fellowship with the Father and the Son.
Yes, that is what I seek, cleansing. I thought I had accepted Christ as a child and it seemed real. I did very well for a while. When I'd pray or read the bible or sing in church I'd feel Gods spirit coursing through me. Pure unadulterated joy. Back then when I'd sin I'd feel horrible and ask for forgiveness and it felt like my guilt was cleansed from me. But then I fell away and fell hard and now am in a miserable horrible state separated from God. I want God to cleanse me of my sin, fill me with his spirit, and make me a new creation. I want to be cleansed.

Upvote 0

aspie3000

Jul 2, 2016
South Carolina
✟28,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't feel discouraged. Even after getting saved, we will still struggle to battle sin and have fluctuating levels of faith. I got tons of bad habits, all of us do. God is not asking us to live a perfect life, He's just asking us to accept Jesus's sacrifice on the cross to cover our sins. All we have to do is try our best to do good works while recognizing that nothing we do merits anything to God for our salvation.

Salvation is a gift. As long as you believe in Jesus, your place in Heaven is guaranteed. I believe good works are there to prove that you are making efforts to please God and eternal reward in Heaven is decided by your service. God will be fair and just with you on the judgement day so don't feel panicked by your lack of success in living the sinless life. If we could live sinless lives, then we would have no need of a savior.
Right, so this isn't making a mistake every now and then. This is going on expletive filled tirades against God insulting him horribly. This is looking at black people with discomfort and scorn when I should know better. This is masturbating all the time and looking at lesbian inappropriate content. This is hating with a passion humanity and this world FOR 14 YEARS. I am disgusting and horrible and I can't stop sinning. I want God to give me a new heart and cleanse me of this. Right now, I'm just afraid he'll kill me because that's what I deserve and God is just.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that is what I seek, cleansing. I thought I had accepted Christ as a child and it seemed real. I did very well for a while. When I'd pray or read the bible or sing in church I'd feel Gods spirit coursing through me. Pure unadulterated joy. Back then when I'd sin I'd feel horrible and ask for forgiveness and it felt like my guilt was cleansed from me. But then I fell away and fell hard and now am in a miserable horrible state separated from God. I want God to cleanse me of my sin, fill me with his spirit, and make me a new creation. I want to be cleansed.
Well, go to the Word for light and guidance! :) :prayer:

Those passages mentioned are wonderful!

• Agree
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christ have mercy! Friend, do many little things to help your soul.

Spend more time with God in prayer. Less time on the internet. At least the conscience you have is still able to detect when you're sinning, and that's a great thing.

Spend more time in prayer. Pray for the people you feel anger towards. Listen to music that helps you get closer to God.

Upvote 0

aspie3000

Jul 2, 2016
South Carolina
✟28,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't feel discouraged. Even after getting saved, we will still struggle to battle sin and have fluctuating levels of faith. I got tons of bad habits, all of us do. God is not asking us to live a perfect life, He's just asking us to accept Jesus's sacrifice on the cross to cover our sins. All we have to do is try our best to do good works while recognizing that nothing we do merits anything to God for our salvation.

Salvation is a gift. As long as you believe in Jesus, your place in Heaven is guaranteed. I believe good works are there to prove that you are making efforts to please God and eternal reward in Heaven is decided by your service. God will be fair and just with you on the judgement day so don't feel panicked by your lack of success in living the sinless life. If we could live sinless lives, then we would have no need of a savior.

I have meltdowns and lash out at God very often because of my troubled past and uncertain future. God is a big guy and can handle both of our unstable emotions. He created us and knows our weaknesses. He understands us and our thoughts much better than we do. If you really are an Aspie, I can totally understand the meltdowns. So can God. He'll take into consideration every little thing in our lives that shaped us the way we are.

I'm the same way with Natives. Every time I make eye contact with a Native, I assume he's going to ask me for a handout. It's wrong but past history with a certain demographic can hurt our way of seeing people. I've become pretty cynical but I try my best to love. You don't have to be their best friend but just treat them like how you want to be treated. Hatred is part of the fallen human nature and we will always struggle with that until Jesus comes back.

You don't even want to know the sort of fetishes I've developed over the years. I'm no longer proud of them and it's been a gradual process to get off of most of them. It might also be lifelong for you but as long as you're making the effort, then God will take notice and give you some strength. Rome wasn't built in a day and it took me years to lose interest in my fetishes. Even today I still struggle to control my sexuality with mixed results. All you can do is try and try again until it's under control.

I'm extremely frustrated with humanity too to very unhealthy degrees and I'm working to overcome it. All you can really do is leave that judgement up to God after Jesus comes back. It's OK to hate sin but hating other people is wrong and we should try to show love and compassion even if it's a chore to us. Loving someone who frustrates you is no easy task, I admit that. God just asks that we try our best so hate doesn't consume us.

I'm a strong believer in Bible prophecy and the Bible promises that there will be a seven year tribulation on the world if they do not repent and accept Jesus as their savior. That will God's way of taking off the belt on this sinful world and if you're a believer in Pre-Tribulation rapture, then you won't have to deal with this troubling time. You'll be in Heaven marvelling at God's justice and being thankful for Jesus sparing you from punishment.

I'm also a disgusting and horrible person. That's why I rely on Jesus to cover my sins through his blood. He shed his blood for the both of us because he knows we cannot make it to Heaven on our own. None of us can. Paul considered himself the most sinful person because he lead many early Christians to their deaths before converting. God was able to use Him for a large chunk of the New Testament. I'm trying to use my own troubled past to try to help you. Maybe with some right counseling and loving support, you can help others and let them know that they're not alone and God does indeed love them.

God understands your struggles and is not expecting perfection. He knows none of us can achieve perfection so He sent His son to die on the cross. As long as you keep your faith in Christ and you'll be in Heaven. Trying to master our sin nature will not be easy and it may take us our entire lives if we even do so at all.

Sir, you've helped me out greatly. Thank you very much. It helps to hear it from someone who has the exact same problems.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand what you are saying and how you are feeling been in the same boat, a few times even. Firstly let me warn you that you do not serve your guilty conscience for satan dwells there and wont let sin pass but grill you with them instead.

Please instead of guilt, shame and regret eat Christ's loving grace and say thank you. Now i promise you do that each time you have fallen and soon you will love Jesus so much for saving you from your sins that sin will begin to die within you. The need for sin dies as we eat grace and love God, other as well as self in the process.

Very simple really. For the worst your guilty conscience accuses you the more you know you need Jesus the more joy and thankfulness comes when you let Him cast the guilt aside and takes you into His loving arms which is what He has been wanting to do all this time, but your focus on sin made that impossible.

Please, please keep your eyes on Jesus and know He loves you that much that He laid down His life for you so that you can be saved from your own wrong doings. Even though you have been so bad He will never disown you if you seek His face. For No one is more faithful than Jesus.

let His loving grace set you free from your sin, every day a little more, until the great day of liberation comes when you breathe your last or Jesus comes. Honest the more love and admiration for Jesus begins to dwell in your heart because of His grace the more you will veer away from sin. Such joy seeking Christ, even through bad sins and big falls, instead of being grilled by horrible accuser. You will be amazed at the difference especially once you have seen unfaithful love burn within your ego and the dragon accuser eating his fill rightfully so.

Much love on your way and my sincere prayers to help you in your battle breaking free from the accuser and finding life in God's loving truth instead.

Peace

Grace.

Grace is not a feeling or a thought,
Neither can it be sold or bought.

It cannot be swallowed like a pill,
Or cheaply ease some inner ill.

Grace does not enforce any demand,
Nor is anything personal banned.

Rather it is God's healing hand of Love,
His compassion descending from above,
Lifting us gently out of our inner pain,
So we can safely be ourselves again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wet Squirrel

Mar 9, 2018
Barczewo
✟1,125.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You are saved by grace through faith that Jesus came as your substitute to die in your place to pay punishment for your sins at cross and then God raised him from the dead not by prayer or your works

Read 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 > Ephesians 2:8-9 > Ephesians 1:13-14> 1 Peter 1:18-19

If somebody preach to you different gospel then he is still damned and will die in thier sins .

Galatians 1:8-9

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You are confessing, and you can confess from your heart directly to God, you can talk directly to God and confess in contrition. When you do, you are forgiven! (1 John 1:9) You may need to confess a variety of things over many different days, if you are like I was, confessions even years later for some things. I was very much a prodigal, like the prodigal son.

Luke chapter 15 is about you and me.
Luke 15 NIV

He forgives!

You will want to hear more of His words, because of the invaluable help -- the exact things we need -- are in His words, such as how to pray! Pick a gospel, like Matthew, and just read through taking your time (for some that don't read a lot, they could even start at the beginning of chapter 3 this first time, and I'd recommend the NIV translation because it's clear and accurate). Don't worry if you don't understand all He says. You will understand crucial things now as you need! More that He says will stay with you, and you can remember His words, as you go through the day. This makes all the path, the way, the following, work, and continue. (We learn why this is so in the Gospel of John).
His grace. His aid. Our Savior.

Upvote 0

joshstick

Mar 4, 2019
Kuala Lumpur
✟8,134.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I really don't know if I am saved and what is going on on the inside of me. When I was in my primary school. I didn't feel too great about my life and I often felt depressed. Then I read a book called your best life now(author-Joel Osteen). It really showed me the goodness of God and the value he gives to us. One day in my Grandma's house, I whispered a prayer of repentence. I had a great feeling after that. I can't really explain it but from then, I knew I was saved. I went on enjoying my life more than I did before. But then in 2017, I had a girlfriend and I wanted that relationship to be committed to God. But I was naive(also we were too young for this). When our relationship was on it's down fall, I declared God's restorance. So basically, things were pretty worse for me. She had this other guy she was always going to,even though we were really close, and I had to do nothing and just trust in God. In the end, we broke up at the end of the year and I changed. I don't feel like myself anymore. I wanted to play a lot of video games and watch inappropriate content to release all the stress(yes I have an addiction to inappropriate content). And to make things weirder, I wasn't even sad. I trusted in God that if she left me, then she's not the one for me. After the breakup, I couldn't feel God anymore. So throughout 2018,, I was searching for God. I felt as though I have sinned too greatly or gone too far. But after a lot of internet article reading on these topics, everything didn't made sense. In the end, my conclusion is, I was never saved. If I really loved God, I would do what he commands, spend time with him everyday, and pray. But I barely do those things(even though I've been trying). Also I watch inappropriate content and I am still at it. My friends all watched inappropriate content before but I think I am the one who watches more than them. Also, they're the rowdy type and I'm like the quite type(not really before the breakup incident). So when they ask me about inappropriate content, I wouldn't say much but infact, I almost know as much as they do so I turn out to be a hypocrite. Also my wickedness began to rise in me. I feel uncomfortable standing and talking to someone sometimes. When I talk to someone, I feel an evil desire to suddenly lunge my arm at them(even when they did nothing wrong to me) I completely have NO intention of doing so and I never will. Also, I don't know if I have a true heart for my friend's, my family, or anyone. When my friend's need something, I give it but not whole heartedly. For if there's no love, it is nothing. I feel passionless and not excited anymore. When my friends are all cool with socializing, deep down, I would feel bad about myself. I do socialize. But just not as well as my friends. I never used to be like this. I feel worried that I may not go to heaven on the day itself. I want to know if I am really saved. Somebody please reply to me on this. I really need help.

• Prayers
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really don't know if I am saved and what is going on on the inside of me. When I was in my primary school. I didn't feel too great about my life and I often felt depressed. Then I read a book called your best life now(author-Joel Osteen). It really showed me the goodness of God and the value he gives to us. One day in my Grandma's house, I whispered a prayer of repentence. I had a great feeling after that. I can't really explain it but from then, I knew I was saved. I went on enjoying my life more than I did before. But then in 2017, I had a girlfriend and I wanted that relationship to be committed to God. But I was naive(also we were too young for this). When our relationship was on it's down fall, I declared God's restorance. So basically, things were pretty worse for me. She had this other guy she was always going to,even though we were really close, and I had to do nothing and just trust in God. In the end, we broke up at the end of the year and I changed. I don't feel like myself anymore. I wanted to play a lot of video games and watch inappropriate content to release all the stress(yes I have an addiction to inappropriate content). And to make things weirder, I wasn't even sad. I trusted in God that if she left me, then she's not the one for me. After the breakup, I couldn't feel God anymore. So throughout 2018,, I was searching for God. I felt as though I have sinned too greatly or gone too far. But after a lot of internet article reading on these topics, everything didn't made sense. In the end, my conclusion is, I was never saved. If I really loved God, I would do what he commands, spend time with him everyday, and pray. But I barely do those things(even though I've been trying). Also I watch inappropriate content and I am still at it. My friends all watched inappropriate content before but I think I am the one who watches more than them. Also, they're the rowdy type and I'm like the quite type(not really before the breakup incident). So when they ask me about inappropriate content, I wouldn't say much but infact, I almost know as much as they do so I turn out to be a hypocrite. Also my wickedness began to rise in me. I feel uncomfortable standing and talking to someone sometimes. When I talk to someone, I feel an evil desire to suddenly lunge my arm at them(even when they did nothing wrong to me) I completely have NO intention of doing so and I never will. Also, I don't know if I have a true heart for my friend's, my family, or anyone. When my friend's need something, I give it but not whole heartedly. For if there's no love, it is nothing. I feel passionless and not excited anymore. When my friends are all cool with socializing, deep down, I would feel bad about myself. I do socialize. But just not as well as my friends. I never used to be like this. I feel worried that I may not go to heaven on the day itself. I want to know if I am really saved. Somebody please reply to me on this. I really need help.

My dear brother in Christ you let your sins separate you from God instead of letting them bring you closer. You can look at yourself and your sins and then heed your guilty conscience and run off with the accuser, misery comes our way then or we can let our sins bring us to Christ for a wash and setting us free from them.

Please don't think feeling God is just a good feeling He is much more than a feeling He is true reality what you lost because of your sins.

Faith in God's love - Jesus Christ is what will bring you new hope and ability to fight your sins. So please don't heed the inner accusers but rather heed the grace of God and repent of your waywardness and seek Him earnestly.

Blessings

Upvote 0

joshstick

Mar 4, 2019
Kuala Lumpur
✟8,134.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the advice. But to be honest, when I said enjoy life after I was saved, I meant that I learned to love others and myself, enjoy each day of my life and know that I am valued by God's standards. I didn't like read the Bible and have God speak to me. Or, go to church having a new fire. I didn't even know those things when after I prayed my repentence. Neither did I practice them. So I don't know if my little prayer actually did anything. The only time I felt a supernatural feeling was when I prayed my repentence prayer. That was the only time.

• Prayers
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the advice. But to be honest, when I said enjoy life after I was saved, I meant that I learned to love others and myself, enjoy each day of my life and know that I am valued by God's standards. I didn't like read the Bible and have God speak to me. Or, go to church having a new fire. I didn't even know those things when after I prayed my repentence. Neither did I practice them. So I don't know if my little prayer actually did anything. The only time I felt a supernatural feeling was when I prayed my repentence prayer. That was the only time.

If you learned to love then the Spirit of The Almighty rested on you. It says in the bible that all who call on Him to be saved shall be saved. So rest assured and don't worry about feeling rather read your bible and get to know God better. The better you know His truth the better He can guide and protect you from the dangers we face as sinners down here.

Honest brother the better you get to know the word the better you will be able to discern His ways. This is what was lacking in your life but you want to grow in your faith not light a little spark and then let it go out but rather light a big fire - love for God and neighbour!

Wishing you God's nearness and protection.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Right, so this isn't making a mistake every now and then. This is going on expletive filled tirades against God insulting him horribly. This is looking at black people with discomfort and scorn when I should know better. This is masturbating all the time and looking at lesbian inappropriate content. This is hating with a passion humanity and this world FOR 14 YEARS. I am disgusting and horrible and I can't stop sinning. I want God to give me a new heart and cleanse me of this. Right now, I'm just afraid he'll kill me because that's what I deserve and God is just.

If repent and turn form your wicked ways, God is able and willing to forgive you. I strongly recommend to you, the Bible. You need to renew your mind with the word of God which is able to transform you. God bless

Upvote 0

joshstick

Mar 4, 2019
Kuala Lumpur
✟8,134.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jeshu, I still feel unsure about my salvation. I really am grateful for your advice and I want to put it into practice. But really there's a lot more that I still don't know. I'm even trying to understand about having Faith in Jesus and his work. I just want to ask you if you could pray for me. Tell God to not give up on me. To really slowly coach me in my faith as I grow. Even if I haven't really trusted. Thank you for all your advice and support.

• Prayers
Reactions: mnfanboy4life
Upvote 0

mnfanboy4life

Mar 14, 2019
Eden Prairie
✟8,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jeshu, I still feel unsure about my salvation. I really am grateful for your advice and I want to put it into practice. But really there's a lot more that I still don't know. I'm even trying to understand about having Faith in Jesus and his work. I just want to ask you if you could pray for me. Tell God to not give up on me. To really slowly coach me in my faith as I grow. Even if I haven't really trusted. Thank you for all your advice and support.
Pray this.
God my Father and Jesus my Lord and Savior, be with me when I'm tempted by things that stir my heart away from You. When I'm facing a choice between following You or not, that’s a sign the Holy Spirit is stirring within me. Your power is for me even while I may feel I want to sin. You know everything about me. Help me to be open and honest with You who loves me. Help me to open myself up to You. You're willing to help me even with the parts of me that I may not want You to help me with. If I don’t feel that I want your help, help me anyways. God my Father and Jesus my Lord and Savior, in Your name I pray, Amen.

Upvote 0