• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I do not love satan

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Recently this spirit or OCD or both that's been putting evil thoughts in my head has had thoughts around the theme of loving satan and satan being God. Both of which are so obviously untrue.

I ask this spirit if Jesus is God and it says that He is, but then proceeds on shoving these evil thoughts into my mind about satan being God. It literally makes no sense, it's just pure torment. It's trying to get me to admit something that we both know is untrue through constant repetition of the same thoughts.

I also today I had an imagination where I fell or jumped from God's hand into satans. I felt a knot in my stomach during this disgusting thought.

Then I had bad thoughts about the Holy Spirit, whom I love dearly. My mind is just a mess. I don't know if I have done the unforgivable sin or not. Can it even be done with thoughts alone? Because I have accidentally thought some pretty bad thoughts about the Holy Spirit, thoughts I obviously didn't mean.

I have prayed for God to show me the truth but so far today I have not had any answers that I know are for sure from God. Because this other spirit likes to pretend to be God and mock me. This spiritual stuff is so confusing to me. Just please give it to me straight Lord, am I going to hell or heaven? I want to go to heaven but I will serve the Lord regardless as I hate satan.

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Recently this spirit or OCD or both that's been putting evil thoughts in my head has had thoughts around the theme of loving satan and satan being God. Both of which are so obviously untrue.

I ask this spirit if Jesus is God and it says that He is, but then proceeds on shoving these evil thoughts into my mind about satan being God. It literally makes no sense, it's just pure torment. It's trying to get me to admit something that we both know is untrue through constant repetition of the same thoughts.

I also today I had an imagination where I fell or jumped from God's hand into satans. I felt a knot in my stomach during this disgusting thought.

Then I had bad thoughts about the Holy Spirit, whom I love dearly. My mind is just a mess. I don't know if I have done the unforgivable sin or not. Can it even be done with thoughts alone? Because I have accidentally thought some pretty bad thoughts about the Holy Spirit, thoughts I obviously didn't mean.

I have prayed for God to show me the truth but so far today I have not had any answers that I know are for sure from God. Because this other spirit likes to pretend to be God and mock me. This spiritual stuff is so confusing to me. Just please give it to me straight Lord, am I going to hell or heaven? I want to go to heaven but I will serve the Lord regardless as I hate satan.

If you "serve the Lord regardless" you're in a lot better place than many Christians who serve their own desires. Trust the Holy Spirit, given to you by God, to overcome Satan and his demons.

We are attacked all the time but "By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses Jesus as the Christ who has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that refuses to confess Jesus, that spirit is not from God, and this is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming, and now is already in the world. You are from God, little children, and have conquered them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." 1 John 4:2-4

Reactions: Job405
Upvote 0

Littlek

I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟53,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I get some bad thoughts too....right now I'm battling with this thought...how do we know we're not really being decieved and don't know it? What if we are so far in the future everything we do is so worldy..and we are too far in to realize it. We should be living off the grid..blah blah...
Hahha my mind can really think up some stuff.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I ask this spirit if Jesus is God and it says that He is, but then proceeds on shoving these evil thoughts into my mind about satan being God. It literally makes no sense, it's just pure torment

I suggested professional help to you before, but you will not follow it.
Read :- International OCD Foundation | 25 Tips for Succeeding in Your OCD Treatment

Written by a psychologist to help his patients.
Read it and talk to your doctor about it.

The intrusive thoughts you experience just say ' O K that right. ' and carry on doing what ever you were doing.
Do not argue, debate or try to suppress them.

Upvote 0

Dendy

Nov 30, 2014
✟19,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't for one second think you have committed the unforgivable sin. Let me tell you something about OCD. There is the old thought that a woman had of - What if I drop my baby out of this upstairs window onto the concrete below? Most women think - Oh what a horrible thought and they go on with their day. The OCD patient can't let it go. I have been able to let bad thoughts go with the use of medication and I think you should call your doctor as soon as possible. This thing is making you miserable. I still get the thoughts and I still suffer but I am able to work them out in my mind sooner and move on. You can't. You are just stuck. Every time you think you've got it worked out it's probably going to come back worse than ever. It's the SSRI drugs that have been helping. It is a chemical deformity that causes something like a misfire in a synapse in the brain. That's why I'm not big on cognitive therapy. I inherited it. It was on both sides of my family and I got one of the worse cases ever. My Dad had me committed to a state mental hospital in 1985 and I lost custody of my precious little girl. I was so much like you. So believe me when I say - There is hope!!!!! You can get better!!!!! Give yourself a break from this thing until you can talk to the doctor. You've got nothing to worry about any way. You are not going to hell. You are not going to the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

This type of thing is common with OCD. Your best course of action is to ignore the thoughts and keep pressing on. Your strategy of "I'm going to follow God no matter what" is a very effective one with OCD. It wants you to get stuck on going round and round in your head about what the thoughts mean, what do they actually say about you, etc. With OCD, the absolute best thing you can do is to refuse to get caught in a cycle of ruminating, and just move forward with your life. It's like ignoring a bully - the more you ignore it, the less it starts to bother you.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Meditate this :

For although I do live in the world, I do not wage war in a worldly way; because the weapons I use to wage war are not worldly. On the contrary, they have God's power for demolishing strongholds. I demolish arguments and every arrogance that raises itself up against the knowledge of God; I take every thought captive and make it obey Christ. And when I have become completely obedient, then I will be ready to punish every act of disobedience. Amen ( according to 2 Corinthians 10:3-6 CJB )

Meditate means to speak softly again and again until you are absorbed with the words that comes from God.

Love Lord Jesus Christ, He will deliver you.
Call out His name, He will protect you.

May God’s peace be upon you.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Well that is good because satan hates you too. He hates all of us.

Upvote 0