• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I do not know what to do

Jerklaugh

Aug 3, 2016
USA
✟9,031.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was born with Asperger's. It is bad enough to have affected my life. I was engaged to someone I loved so much and thought was my soulmate. I was always helping her when she was down and lost her job. I was never mean in any way. Then I go to Afghanistan and 2 days after I get there she turned on me like a demon possessed her. Saying such horrible things to me and then left me. I am desperately trying to reach to someone and have lost hope. I have been a Christian saved for a long time. I am only 30. I just cannot understand someone I trusted with my life and gave my all for could be so cruel and evil. To destroy my life without cause. I have no friends or anyone to talk to. I just want this pain to end. Please pray that God will help me. I beg anyone reading and sorry to sound whinny or like a wimp. I would never use something public to talk about my personal problems but I am so desperate for anykind of help to stop this pain. This just happened to me recently. I do not know why bad things keep happening to me. I have never done anything to deserve this and try my best to live for God. I do not know what is wrong with me.

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was born with Asperger's. It is bad enough to have affected my life. I was engaged to someone I loved so much and thought was my soulmate. I was always helping her when she was down and lost her job. I was never mean in any way. Then I go to Afghanistan and 2 days after I get there she turned on me like a demon possessed her. Saying such horrible things to me and then left me. I am desperately trying to reach to someone and have lost hope. I have been a Christian saved for a long time. I am only 30. I just cannot understand someone I trusted with my life and gave my all for could be so cruel and evil. To destroy my life without cause. I have no friends or anyone to talk to. I just want this pain to end. Please pray that God will help me. I beg anyone reading and sorry to sound whinny or like a wimp. I would never use something public to talk about my personal problems but I am so desperate for anykind of help to stop this pain. This just happened to me recently. I do not know why bad things keep happening to me. I have never done anything to deserve this and try my best to live for God. I do not know what is wrong with me.
Brother, I am a bit older than you, lol. I am 68, and have 10 grandchildren. One of them, Eli, has Aspergers. He does not like to be touched or photographed, and I know my daughter Kim has worried over him as she and her wonderful husband have raised him wanting his life to be one of joy. Eli is 17, and that is an age that is difficult for any teenager, let alone one with Asperger’s. But they are wonderful parents and Eli is turning out to be an awesome young man.

I am praying for you and want you to remember what Jesus said. If we, being evil, know how to love our kids and want the best for them, how much more will God do for us as His children. You are not alone, even though right now, it feels that way. You have a concerned Father in Heaven, who hurts when you hurt. So right now, I pray to the God of all comfort that He comforts your spirit right now and that you feel His presence.

If you ever want to talk, you have but to reach back out to me. I mean that. May God bless you richly.

Gideon

Upvote 0

SaNcTaMaRiA

I am a man...who loves our Lady!
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Iowa
✟169,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am praying for you. I know it hurts right now. All I can say is you are better off seeing her true colors now then later. You deserve a person who is going to be nice to you and love you. This woman does not sound like she is interested in either.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey brother, I am so sorry for the pain you are going through. I have experienced the pain of extreme heartbreak and I know how it can feel. All I could do to get through it the last time it happened was to keep giving it to God. Every second can feel like an eternity of pain that will never end but Jesus can help you right now. The Holy Spirit can comfort you right now.

John 14:26

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you

I don't have full blown Asbergers but I think I have a mild form of it. When I fall in love, it's like every molecule of my being is dedicated to it. When there is heartbreak, I feel like I've been completely destroyed as a person. Maybe everyone feels this way, but I think it is more intense for me and others who have some form of Asbergers. Maybe that is true for you too.

I don't know why this happened to you. I have had girlfriends who have mental illness, and I am in fact married to someone now who has mental illness. To tell you the truth I am used to being turned on repeatedly because the women I have been with have been mentally and emotionally unstable. I would never recommend that a sensitive person be with someone like that.

You really need Gods strength and comfort right now so let go of any doubt or sense of betrayal in your heart towards God. God isn't doing anything evil to you; He loves you! Let Him in and allow Him to comfort you and guide you through this.

Upvote 0

Jerklaugh

Aug 3, 2016
USA
✟9,031.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brother, I am a bit older than you, lol. I am 68, and have 10 grandchildren. One of them, Eli, has Aspergers. He does not like to be touched or photographed, and I know my daughter Kim has worried over him as she and her wonderful husband have raised him wanting his life to be one of joy. Eli is 17, and that is an age that is difficult for any teenager, let alone one with Asperger’s. But they are wonderful parents and Eli is turning out to be an awesome young man.

I am praying for you and want you to remember what Jesus said. If we, being evil, know how to love our kids and want the best for them, how much more will God do for us as His children. You are not alone, even though right now, it feels that way. You have a concerned Father in Heaven, who hurts when you hurt. So right now, I pray to the God of all comfort that He comforts your spirit right now and that you feel His presence.

If you ever want to talk, you have but to reach back out to me. I mean that. May God bless you richly.

Gideon
ty sir that meant a lot.

Upvote 0