Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You do not say what kind of help you needed.

Sometimes we do not see the answer until afterwards,
sometimes, long afterwards, :)

Well the children were as like dogs almost very hurt from the war and the lack of a normal childhood made them like this, and the gouverment came and wanted them to be in school, I tried to get them away from this but it didn`t work because I wanted them to be good and smart people instead, and they were all violent sort of with violent thoughts of people in society, and the lack of confidence you know, I helped them with that, I played with the children and talked to the adults almost everyday helping them gain confidence and a real view of the world again, while I myself was extremely very tired and just wanted to sit on a balcony in my own apartment instead and being free again, the struggle overall was very tirening and demaning, I pushed my body was far as it goes for 8 months, most people just laugh of this but for a normal person like myself it was awful seeing them like this, I don`t know how quite to explain this but I wanted them to be normal people instead of what they`ve become

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
All this talk and you learned nothing about youe beliefs still?

Interestingly, you didn't see God in the suffering of the people you helped. And that is totally understandable. And as you mentioned you didn't see him help either. But I would think the help would have been getting the children into school and out of their troubled memories. Not to mention putting you people there to help them. God does work thru people. But you also indicated you felt that was a bad idea to get the children into school. And you're positive that was a bad idea, to get the childrens minds off of their suffering?

Upvote 0

frankieberg1985

Feb 17, 2019
Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Interestingly, you didn't see God in the suffering of the people you helped. And that is totally understandable. And as you mentioned you didn't see him help either. But I would think the help would have been getting the children into school and out of their troubled memories. Not to mention putting you people there to help them. God does work thru people. But you also indicated you felt that was a bad idea to get the children into school. And you're positive that was a bad idea, to get the childrens minds off of their suffering?

I couldn`t let them be involved with nonsense as school still, it damages their selfworth and character

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I couldn`t let them be involved with nonsense as school still, it damages their selfworth and character

I enjoyed school myself and I grew up in a violent home, it was a break from that and cheered me up, but on a different note: You also indicated that you could barely help. And yet you still did help them. We as Christians would say God compelled you to help them. So let me ask you this. Do you feel any of the compassion you felt for those people was from God?

Upvote 0

frankieberg1985

Feb 17, 2019
Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I enjoyed school myself, but on a different note: You also indicated that you could barely help. And yet you still did help them. We as Christians would say God compelled you to help them. So let me ask you this. Do you feel any of the compassion you felt for those people was from God?

No, I just cared about them, wasn`t planning to help them ether I just stumbled on 150 of these syrian muslims when I was looking for a hotel one day

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, I just cared about them, wasn`t planning to help them ether I just stumbled on 150 of these syrian muslims when I was looking for a hotel one day

You sound very atheist. I was wondering, you said you wanted God to help and prayed but he didn't. Can I ask what religion if any you had belonged to that caused you to seek God?

Upvote 0

frankieberg1985

Feb 17, 2019
Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You sound very atheist. I was wondering, you said you wanted God to help and prayed but he didn't. Can I ask what religion if any you had belonged to that caused you to seek God?

No religion, I just wanted to try since I struggled so much

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No religion, I just wanted to try since I struggled so much

OK, that's the problem right there. You never invested any effort or time into God's will and religion, then how can you expect God to help you all the sudden? He doesn't work that way.

My suggestion to you is that if you really want to believe in God (and maybe someday you will) then go to church and serve God and then ask him for things in Jesus the Christs name. And if he doens't answer right away keep trying until he does.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

frankieberg1985

Feb 17, 2019
Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
OK, that's the problem right there. You never invested any effort or time into God's will and religion, then how can you expect God to help you all the sudden? He doesn't work that way.

My suggestion to you is that if you really want to believe in God (and maybe someday you will) then go to church and serve God and then ask him for things in Jesus the Christs name. And if he doens't answer right away keep trying until he does.

But my reasoning was honest I should have gotten some help, if god really created me, isn`t my logic right then if I`m true to myself?

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But my reasoning was honest I should have gotten some help, if god really created me, isn`t my logic right then if I`m true to myself?

I would say no. My experience with God comes from myself being a sinner. I fell into spiritual darkness, panic attacks and anxiety and God didn't help until I sought him out and started going to church and serving him. Then slowly my panic attacks and anxiety went away over the course of a year or two. My prayers became answered. Now I totally see his help in my life and I feel awesome most of the time and filled with peace and love which is from God. But I've been an active Christian for about 20 years now.

Christians have to remember, God is not our servant, He is our Master :) Cheers.

Upvote 0

frankieberg1985

Feb 17, 2019
Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I would say no. My experience with God comes from myself being a sinner. I fell into spiritual darkness, panic attacks and anxiety and God didn't help until I sought him out and started going to church and serving him. Then slowly my panic attacks and anxiety went away over the course of a year or two. My prayers became answered. Now I totally see his help in my life and I feel awesome most of the time and filled with peace and love which is from God. But I've been an active Christian for about 20 years now.

Christians have to remember, God is not our servant, He is our Master :) Cheers.

But the anxiety would of course go away when you have a more purpose in , are you sure you just doesn`t believe in a fantasy but relived anxiety because you found a purpose?

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But the anxiety would of course go away when you have a more purpose in , are you sure you just doesn`t believe in a fantasy but relived anxiety because you found a purpose?

We have the gift of the Holy Spirit because of being baptized. And with that gift God relieved my panic attacks. God can heal us too and I have been healed once from an eye infection and didn't have to see a doctor. Also I was part of a healing of my then wife, and saw ultra sound images of a healing that was not supposed to heal on its own (at least that's what the doctor said). I'm filled with the Holt Spirit most of the time. There is the scripture that describes the fruits of the Holy Spirit: Galatians 5:22-23. They are very desirable.

Upvote 0

frankieberg1985

Feb 17, 2019
Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
We have the gift of the Holy Spirit because of being baptized. And with that gift God relieved my panic attacks. God can heal us too and I have been healed once from an eye infection and didn't have to see a doctor. Also I was part of a healing of my then wife, and saw ultra sound images of a healing that was not supposed to heal on its own (at least that's what the doctor said). I'm filled with the Holt Spirit most of the time. There is the scripture that describes the fruits of the Holy Spirit: Galatians 5:22-23. They are very desirable.

Doctors are usually a little pessimistic about everything, but I understand

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Doctors are usually a little pessimistic about everything, but I understand

Another point to consider about God not answering prayers, God may not work with the unbelievers as it is written in Mark 6:1-6

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I was helping these syrian refugees in Greece for 8 months and since they came from a war helping them was extremely demanding, so what I did I was in the church sometimes praying to get a little help but i never got it, but the most important thing here and my point is that I truly felt it in my heart to get help with them, yes like truly and deeply in my heart that I should have gotten some help with them, so during this time I disproved God simply by not getting help when needed, don`t get me wrong, I know many people pray and things, but this was a honest and deeply feeling in my heart that I should have gotten help wih them

If you are an atheist ... why were you praying and who were you praying to?

prove or disprove God? Test God?

Matthew 4:7
Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.

Nothing was proven or disproven.

• Informative
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes, but it still feels wrong since I felt it so honestly
There are many who have experienced worse than even that family, and to the mind of those who tried to help them God didn't do what needed to be done. Some of those people learned that God doesn't see things the way they did.

Maybe your feelings concerning these people says something about the desire God has for such things. Ours cannot approach equaling him for intensity. Yet, it was not to be, and for a good reason --perhaps many reasons-- such as, you have a lot to learn about how God works, the church needs a lot of eye-opening conviction concerning such things.

If my experience means anything in this, it will be a long time before you get much resolution about this, but I can testify to the fact that how things once seemed to me, while no longer do I see them the way I did, I have not been able to escape the truth in what I once believed. My confidence is no longer in what I believed, but in the Creator of my soul.

If God is in you, you have not disproved him, but only what you thought he was. If he is not in you, you have not disproved him, but only what you thought he was.

Reactions: Sanoy
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but if god created me, shouldn`t my logic be reasonable also?
If He didn't create you, should you have any working logic at all? I have had to pray unceasingly for years to get an answer to my prayer. Daniel prayed in Bablyon and the angel bearing his answer was captured for 21 days by the spiritual forces in Bablyon requiring Michael to free him (Daniel 10:13). There is spiritual warfare all around you, especially over the souls from wartorn Syria.

In any case, the value of induction is only as good as the information available for it. There is far more information that is required to make a valuable conclusion but that information is generally unavailable to us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0