Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I was helping these syrian refugees in Greece for 8 months and since they came from a war helping them was extremely demanding, so what I did I was in the church sometimes praying to get a little help but i never got it, but the most important thing here and my point is that I truly felt it in my heart to get help with them, yes like truly and deeply in my heart that I should have gotten some help with them, so during this time I disproved God simply by not getting help when needed, don`t get me wrong, I know many people pray and things, but this was a honest and deeply feeling in my heart that I should have gotten help wih them

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I was helping these syrian refugees in Greece for 8 months and since they came from a war helping them was extremely demanding, so what I did I was in the church sometimes praying to get a little help but i never got it, but the most important thing here and my point is that I truly felt it in my heart to get help with them, yes like truly and deeply in my heart that I should have gotten some help with them, so during this time I disproved God simply by not getting help when needed, don`t get me wrong, I know many people pray and things, but this was a honest and deeply feeling in my heart that I should have gotten help wih them

We Christians call that a trial or test. Of such things are written of in the Bible, especially the Book of Job. So while you believe you disproved Gods existence. You probably won't convince many Christians of that.

The point here is that God doesn't have to help you while you're on earth. The promise we as Christians have is that of the resurrection and acceptance into Heaven. And that's how God makes up for disappointment of earthly lives.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

frankieberg1985

Feb 17, 2019
Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
We Christians call that a trial or test. Of such things are written of in the Bible, especially the Book of Job. So while you believe you disproved Gods existence. You probably won't convince many Christians of that.

The point here is that God doesn't have to help you while you're on earth. The promise we as Christians have is that of the resurrection and acceptance into Heaven. And that's how God makes up for disappointment of earthly lives.

Still I felt I should haven gotten some help, something`s not exactly true with your statement since I felt it, then God is lacking of character or something and not really being god

• Prayers
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I disproved God simply by not getting help when needed, don`t get me wrong, I know many people pray and things, but this was a honest and deeply feeling in my heart that I should have gotten help wih them
Did you not get help with them? Did you contract any illnesses, did you watch anyone commit suicide, were there any major fights among the refugees, did none of them have any hope?

We must remember, no matter what religious views we have, that things that look bad could be so much worse, and we must thank God for preserving us from the worst that easily could happen. People may point to the World Wars, and say, "Why didn't God preserve peace?" But really, we should point to WWIII & the nuclear holocaust, and say, "Look what He kept us from! Rejoice!".

And God has protected us from some of the worst atrocities. I've attached a link to some famous miracles of the Rosary that remain unexplained by any other means, such as Jesuit priests being protected from the nuclear bombing of Japan, dictatorships being suddenly ended, and Ted Bundy being unable to kill a woman holding a Rosary. Miraculous Rosary: FAMOUS ROSARY MIRACLES

What if God protected us from all wars, but still allowed mass shootings? Many would point to the mass shootings and say, "There isn't a god; god would've stopped that", but we can't see most things that didn't happen. Think of the modern North Korea; a deranged madman with a nuclear arsenal with nothing to lose & a lot to gain (in his eyes), has already test-fired nukes into the Sea of Japan, has the backing of 2 of the most powerful countries in Asia (and surely Middle East connections), and he does...nothing? Point to the crimes against humanity in his own country, and you can say there's no god; point to what he hasn't done to other countries, and we can say that God truly is shielding us.

The point is, if you start looking for the good things that emerge from tragedies, you will very strongly see the presence of God. I've learned this from getting into Forensic classes at college, and from a close friend who's worked in undercover operations to Thailand to break up human trafficking; in these situations, you see the worst of humanity, but you also see the very best. Wars in the Middle East force thousands to millions out of their countries, but much of the world unites around them with support, people like yourself going out to support people in need. A close friend of mine was almost raped, but had overwhelming support from her friends, and discovered how much so many people really care about her. I almost committed suicide after my girlfriend dumped me, but that terrifying night turned out to be a pivotal point in my life to bring an unfathomable amount of blessings to me, and I can't believe how well off I'm doing because of that incident.

Just take some time to think about it, and see what you find. Pray about it, too; if God really does exist, He'll lead you to the truth. If he doesn't, than what have you lost?

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

Nothing against the Syrians, but understand that God is the Creator, and as such has the right to do whatever he wants with every person according to his purposes --not your tenderhearted wishes. Not that you don't know this, but it bears mentioning.

God's ways are not our ways, and this life is not for this life.

Upvote 0

frankieberg1985

Feb 17, 2019
Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Nothing against the Syrians, but understand that God is the Creator, and as such has the right to do whatever he wants with every person according to his purposes --not your tenderhearted wishes. Not that you don't know this, but it bears mentioning.

God's ways are not our ways, and this life is not for this life.

Yes, but it still feels wrong since I felt it so honestly

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Still I felt I should haven gotten some help, something`s not exactly true with your statement since I felt it, then God is lacking of character or something and not really being god

A person that is dying would probably say the same thing. A person dying with cancer or other terrible illness might also say the same thing. Perhaps you feel you know what's better than God? It's unclear from what you're stating. Remembering that God died on the cross to redeem us from sin and save our souls from everlasting death. It is recorded, the life of Jesus the Christ, that he raised people from the dead, healed people, and did many miracles, including feeding the masses with miracles. But he didn't help you, so you feel you know what it means to be a better person than God? Did you take it personal? You shouldn't if you did. Since he has helped and healed many and still does. in fact I just read an article where he brought a young boy back from the dead. I'll look for the article: Mom prays, dead son comes back to life

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Have you ever come to accept Jesus Christ ? If no then why did you expect help from God when you reject God's provision for you in His Son ? Do you smack someone in the face and then expect them to do something for you too ? God has a free gift for you sitting on the table and you need to do is open it but you reject the gift and ask for a different one. And all along He owes you nothing at all.

But all that aside as a non believer you have no access to God except to ask for His Son in repentance. That is not to say God never helped you, He may well have out of His own will and in His own way which you as of this time have no ability to see. Read this from Crosswalk.com:
Your unbelieving friend is going through a difficult time. His whole life is falling apart, and you are praying that God would use this to bring him into a relationship with Jesus. You use this most recent trial as an opportunity to suggest that he pray to God about what is going on. But does God hear his prayer? Will God listen to the prayers of an unbeliever?

This is a question I’ve received quite a few times. And it is one of which you can find many articles if you ask Google. The general consensus is that God does not hear the prayers of unbelievers, except for the prayer of repentance. Verses like John 9:31 and Isaiah 59:2 are given to show that God does not hear sinners while they remain in their sin. God answers the prayer of the righteous. In a very helpful article John MacArthur lists fifteen reasons for unanswered prayer. And it serves as a basic profile of an unbeliever.

In my mind, though, we aren’t asking the right question. The real question isn’t whether or not God is going to give a person what they ask for if they are an unbeliever. That is not the nature of prayer. God is sovereign and he may or may not answer our requests. The real issue is whether or not an unbeliever has relational access to God apart from Christ. And that is a resounding no according to the Scriptures.

Upvote 0

frankieberg1985

Feb 17, 2019
Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
A person that is dying would probably say the same thing. A person dying with cancer or other terrible illness might also say the same thing. Perhaps you feel you know what's better than God? It's unclear from what you're stating. Remembering that God died on the cross to redeem us from sin and save our souls from everlasting death. It is recorded, the life of Jesus the Christ, that he raised people from the dead, healed people, and did many miracles, including feeding the masses with miracles. But he didn't help you, so you feel you know what it means to be a better person than God? Did you take it personal? Since he has helped and healed many and still does. in fact I just read an article where he brought a young boy back from the dead. I'll look for the article:

Everything was a little way too hard sort of, inhumanely hard, but that`s okay though I just wondered why I still didn`t get any help when I so sincerly wanted it and needed it, perhaps not needed it but I felt I should have gotten it, I know what you mean by saying a dying person but it`s not enterily the same perhaps, diseases happens and old age of course, no I didn`t quite take it personal though, I know I was there by my own choice to help, I just find it a little strange I didn`t get any help if god really exists, I felt honestly I should have gotten it

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Everything was a little way too hard sort of, inhumanely hard, but that`s okay though I just wondered why I still didn`t get any help when I so sincerly wanted it and needed it, perhaps not needed it but I felt I should have gotten it, I know what you mean by saying a dying person but it`s not enterily the same perhaps, diseases happens and old age of course, no I didn`t quite take it personal though, I know I was there by my own choice to help, I just find it a little strange I didn`t get any help if god really exists, I felt honestly I should have gotten it

Did you click on the link of the boy brought back from the dead that I posted. It proves God is still there for us. And if that's the case then you can still believe in Him. Then all that needs to be done is for you to work out your issues with God. Anyways I'll pray for you :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

frankieberg1985

Feb 17, 2019
Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever come to accept Jesus Christ ? If no then why did you expect help from God when you reject God's provision for you in His Son ? Do you smack someone in the face and then expect them to do something for you too ? God has a free gift for you sitting on the table and you need to do is open it but you reject the gift and ask for a different one. And all along He owes you nothing at all.

But all that aside as a non believer you have no access to God except to ask for His Son in repentance. That is not to say God never helped you, He may well have out of His own will and in His own way which you as of this time have no ability to see. Read this from Crosswalk.com:
Your unbelieving friend is going through a difficult time. His whole life is falling apart, and you are praying that God would use this to bring him into a relationship with Jesus. You use this most recent trial as an opportunity to suggest that he pray to God about what is going on. But does God hear his prayer? Will God listen to the prayers of an unbeliever?

This is a question I’ve received quite a few times. And it is one of which you can find many articles if you ask Google. The general consensus is that God does not hear the prayers of unbelievers, except for the prayer of repentance. Verses like John 9:31 and Isaiah 59:2 are given to show that God does not hear sinners while they remain in their sin. God answers the prayer of the righteous. In a very helpful article John MacArthur lists fifteen reasons for unanswered prayer. And it serves as a basic profile of an unbeliever.

In my mind, though, we aren’t asking the right question. The real question isn’t whether or not God is going to give a person what they ask for if they are an unbeliever. That is not the nature of prayer. God is sovereign and he may or may not answer our requests. The real issue is whether or not an unbeliever has relational access to God apart from Christ. And that is a resounding no according to the Scriptures.

Well I never really believed in god or Jesus but I never actually rejected the idea though perhaps ether, I`ve been trying to be open minded about it a little atleasts, the problem with this idea is really simple though and I feel the logic is flawed about a god or Jesus being alieve and real since I didn`t get any help when I honestly asked for it in times of hardships

Upvote 0

frankieberg1985

Feb 17, 2019
Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Did you click on the link of the boy brought back from the dead that I posted. It proves God is still there for us. And if that's the case then you can still believe in Him. Then all that needs to be done is for you to work out your issues with God. Anyways I'll pray for you :)

Where is the link I can`t find it?

Upvote 0

frankieberg1985

Feb 17, 2019
Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Found it but it`s just nonsense

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Found it but it`s just nonsense

Why do you say it's nonsense? I'm curious. Wasn't the boy dead for 45 minutes, brain damage sets in usually after 6 minutes. But if I remember correctly the boy was fine. It's on a well known source site.

Upvote 0

frankieberg1985

Feb 17, 2019
Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Why do you say it's nonsense? I'm curious. Wasn't the boy dead for 45 minutes, brain damage sets in usually after 6 minutes. But if I remember correctly the boy was fine. It's on a well known source site.

I don`t understand what out of that situation says god or Jesus was involved?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don`t understand what out of that situation says god or Jesus was involved?

I had a nephew die from drowning and he was in a coma for a few days, but later died. The doctors were clear that if he awoke he might be a vegetable from brain damage. In that article, had God not intervened and healed the boys brain, he would not have came back to life healthy like he did. He would have had severe brain damage.

But more to the point, is this: Do you believe the written record of God and especially Jesus the Christ? It is also a testimony of miracles performed by God. These stories prove to us Christians of Gods divinity and truth and love for us.

Upvote 0

frankieberg1985

Feb 17, 2019
Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I had a nephew die from drowning and he was in a coma for a few days, but later died. The doctors were clear that if he awoke he might be a vegetable from brain damage. In that article, had God not intervened and healed the boys brain, he would not have came back to life healthy like he did. He would have had severe brain damage.

But more to the point, is this: Do you believe the written record of God and especially Jesus the Christ? It is also a testimony of miracles performed by God. These stories prove to us Christians of Gods divinity and truth and love for us.

Very sorry to hear that, but I think you believe in god and Jesus because you want to not because of facts, I don`t see any indication of ether of them

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Very sorry to hear that, but I think you believe in god and Jesus because you want to not because of facts, I don`t see any indication of ether of them

Well we are all of different faiths here. And I see that you're atheist now. Then you just wanted to tell people that God doesn't help people of earth? I have received his help on many occasions myself. But I have faith and I think that is usually required to receive a witness of God's intervention. At least I think that's the Christian belief. Perhaps you won't see Him at all then while living on this earth. But I have heard of atheists receiving witness too. It's more rare though.

Anyways, thanks for sharing. And welcome to the forums :)

Upvote 0

frankieberg1985

Feb 17, 2019
Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well we are all of different faiths here. And I see that you're atheist now. Then you just wanted to tell people that God doesn't help people of earth? I have received his help on many occasions myself. But I have faith and I think that is usually required to receive a witness of God's intervention. At least I think that's the Christian belief. Perhaps you won't see Him at all then while living on this earth. But I have heard of atheists receiving witness too. It's more rare though.

Anyways, thanks for sharing. And welcome to the forums :)

Thanks

• Friendly
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0