• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I didn’t know

Romo

Aug 30, 2021
Plant city
✟7,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
About 2 years ago I was trying to get off pain meds that a dr prescribed to me. I went to another dr to help me. Well he gave me medication that I had to wean off of and didn’t know. My mind was in such a flurry. My son my only child, my mom, dad and husband died in 4 years. I lost my whole family. The meds he gave me I found our was for heroin addicts. I never took street drugs never drank , etc. i got off due to the fact that it was raising my bs and it put me into diabetes. I didn’t wean and thre me into a horrendous withdraw. I ended up going to the hospital and found out I had diabetes and an issuer with my heart and liver. I took care of everyone before they died now I feel like I have been thrown against there all and I am in depression and anxiety. I did have my granddaughter for 6 years and my ex took her. Now I am lonely and scared of everything thinking I am going to. Die. I prayed everyday for healing and to be the person I was before. The devil is really testing me and I would like to know wher God is? I found my son dead blood coming out of his mouth and nose. I watch everyone die. My husband nor father was I’ll but they died in a matter of days. I pray to god and ask him for strength and blessings. I also have a breast issue and I am going to find out what it is. My husband did not pay taxes and left me owing so much. I had an inheritance and he went behind my back and spent almost all the money. I was married for 20 years and he betrayed me. I feel like such a loser and worthless. But I have not seen a light of hope from God at all. Why am I here? He has a purpose for me? Well I would like to know what it is. After my husband died I still had hopes and dreams for my sons daughter and did not expect her to be with an alcoholic and I think he has done some inappropriate things also. His wife lies and want my granddaughter to love her more. I am so frustrated and scared of what lies ahead. I made bad choices when I married both times. I always felt sorry for the men. Yes the men who beat cheat selfish and the last one needed a mother for his children which I did everything for. Now they don’t even call me. Why God? Why?

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
About 2 years ago I was trying to get off pain meds that a dr prescribed to me. I went to another dr to help me. Well he gave me medication that I had to wean off of and didn’t know. My mind was in such a flurry. My son my only child, my mom, dad and husband died in 4 years. I lost my whole family. The meds he gave me I found our was for heroin addicts. I never took street drugs never drank , etc. i got off due to the fact that it was raising my bs and it put me into diabetes. I didn’t wean and thre me into a horrendous withdraw. I ended up going to the hospital and found out I had diabetes and an issuer with my heart and liver. I took care of everyone before they died now I feel like I have been thrown against there all and I am in depression and anxiety. I did have my granddaughter for 6 years and my ex took her. Now I am lonely and scared of everything thinking I am going to. Die. I prayed everyday for healing and to be the person I was before. The devil is really testing me and I would like to know wher God is? I found my son dead blood coming out of his mouth and nose. I watch everyone die. My husband nor father was I’ll but they died in a matter of days. I pray to god and ask him for strength and blessings. I also have a breast issue and I am going to find out what it is. My husband did not pay taxes and left me owing so much. I had an inheritance and he went behind my back and spent almost all the money. I was married for 20 years and he betrayed me. I feel like such a loser and worthless. But I have not seen a light of hope from God at all. Why am I here? He has a purpose for me? Well I would like to know what it is. After my husband died I still had hopes and dreams for my sons daughter and did not expect her to be with an alcoholic and I think he has done some inappropriate things also. His wife lies and want my granddaughter to love her more. I am so frustrated and scared of what lies ahead. I made bad choices when I married both times. I always felt sorry for the men. Yes the men who beat cheat selfish and the last one needed a mother for his children which I did everything for. Now they don’t even call me. Why God? Why?

Trust me when I say I'm not trying to "outdo you" on hard times because I'm not. It sounds like you've been through some terrible things. But if you'll bear with me for a minute. Several years ago I found out I had cancer. The surgeries and treatment I went through were all terrible. And there were some other things that I won't go into that continued on throughout the whole ordeal. It leaves you wondering "why"? After going through the whole ordeal seemingly for no reason at all, I resolved that I went through it so that I could share the experience with others who are also going through difficult times. If for nothing else I can always relate to people during their hard times by sharing the story. It might not be as difficult as what they are dealing with but at least it does give us some things in common.

One thing that you have right now is that no matter how bad things are you are still here. You are still able to tell your story. And there are people out there listening to you and you are in fact encouraging them. By sharing your story you are giving them strength. If nothing else, you are helping others. I know that doesn't make any of your pain go away, but it might in some small way help you to answer the question.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am sorry that you are going through all of that. On top of being seen by a psychiatrist, some churches are better than others at dealing with mental illness.

The Church & Mental Illness...

Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what to say, but there is a verse in the bible about God restoring the years that the locust has eaten. And I think that you should know that this is a promise from God.

And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you. (Joel2:25)

God is utterly trustworth, ask Him today to restore to you the years that the locust has eaten. He loves it when we ask him to fullfill He's word for us!

Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Jesus is going through everything with you and He will get you through it.

When we go through difficult times, nothing means more than having someone come alongside who understands what you’re going through. Jesus understands.

“Jesus wept” is famous as the shortest verse in the Bible (John 11:35), but to me the real power of that two-word passage from the story of Lazarus is the reassurance that Jesus understands what life is like for us.

He doesn’t ask anything of us that He wasn’t willing to do Himself, and He promises to be with us in all we have to go through. For example:

Jesus knew temptation: “He was in the desert forty days, being tempted by Satan” (Mark 1:13).

Jesus knew poverty: “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head” (Matthew 8:20).

Jesus knew frustration: “He scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.… ‘Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father’s house into a market!’” (John 2:15-16).

Jesus knew weariness: “Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well” (John 4:6).

Jesus knew disappointment: “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem…how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks,…but you were not willing” (Luke 13:34).

Jesus knew rejection: “From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him” (John 6:66).

Jesus knew sorrow: “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death” (Matthew 26:38).

Jesus knew ridicule: “Again and again they struck him…and spit on him. Falling on their knees, they paid [mocking] homage to him” (Mark 15:19).

Jesus knew loneliness: “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Matthew 27:46).

May the love of the Lord bring comfort and reassurance to you in your time of need. Amen.

Upvote 0