Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The semi was laboring to pass me on a long uphill grade. No problem I thought, he'll get by me eventually, within a mile or two.....or three. I have seen semi's run side by side for miles on the interstate before one passes the other, leaving dozens of drivers trailing behind often at less than the speed limit.

Then I noticed the vehicles queuing up behind the semi, four, six, soon a dozen cars and more appearing every few seconds. The semi had been beside me for nearly a mile and was gaining little ground in his effort to pass me.

Then like a lightning bolt the thought hit me. If I slow down just a little he can pass quickly and relieve the traffic jam forming behind him. As I slowed slightly the semi seemed to jump ahead and soon pulled in front of me. A stream of bumper to bumper cars sped past me and soon traffic was back to a normal flow.

I have seen this situation repeated hundreds of times on the interstate, neither semi willing to give ground; the passing truck refusing to accelerate enough, the one being passed refusing to back off just a bit so traffic won't be impeded.

It reminds me of Congress.

Last edited:
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You eased up on the gas, putting yourself at a disadvantage so others could benefit. In other words: you did a lousy deal.

From now on it should be OldWiseGuy first!

Sorry to be so dense, but I still don't get it. ????

Upvote 0