I Did My Own Abortion Because Texas Used COVID-19 as an Excuse to Shut Down Abortion Clinics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
well .... they need to grow up .... abortion is legal ... as detestable as it is and no hope in getting it changed, even now progressing into infanticide ... I would support birth control rather than innocent babies being aborted as some kind of a convenience due mostly to irresponsible behavior.

I mean ... come on people ... which is better ... preventing pregnancies or killing babies???? Seems like a no brainer to me.
I agree, and it makes sense from the bigger picture. But some people want everyone to follow one narrow path.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟720,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I agree, and it makes sense from the bigger picture. But some people want everyone to follow one narrow path.

You can't force people to follow the "narrow path" ... Jesus didn't force anyone ... nor should we. Christians are supposed to spread the good news ... people make the choice to receive it .... or not ...it's not a forced issue.

Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
You can't force people to follow the "narrow path" ... Jesus didn't force anyone ... nor should we. Christians are supposed to spread the good news ... people make the choice to receive it .... or not ...it's not a forced issue.
I don't think many Evangelicals feel that way. They are always trying to get biblical prescribed morality written into law. Abortion and contraception are the perfect example where secular and faith-based outcomes are drastically divergent.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I mean ... come on people ... which is better ... preventing pregnancies or killing babies???? Seems like a no brainer to me.
Some people prefer to take all Birth Control away. To punish the woman for having sex. They should be forced to keep the baby or put the baby up for adoption. Or many Christians want it hushed up. Anyway, with that being said. Trying to get rid of abortions really do nothing now days. To many abortion options available.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟720,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think many Evangelicals feel that way. They are always trying to get biblical prescribed morality written into law. Abortion and contraception are the perfect example where secular and faith-based outcomes are drastically divergent.

well ... I'm for preventing abortion by access to birth control ... giving access to birth control doesn't mean people can not still purse getting abortion banned .... although ... I do believe it never will be changed ... it's gone too far already. Least-wise we can do better to curtail unwanted pregnancies by making birth control easily available .... and therefore less abortions I would think.

So what do you say christians ?????? Birth control or allow the murder of the innocents to continue?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟720,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It's a sad sad state of affairs ... His way is the best way to live .... but it is a choice ... choice given by the Lord himself. What a sick world we live in .... getting sicker every day ... of course He did tell us it would be this way .... difficult to watch prophesy unfold.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
well ... I'm for preventing abortion by access to birth control ... giving access to birth control doesn't mean people can not still purse getting abortion banned .... although ... I do believe it never will be changed ... it's gone too far already. Least-wise we can do better to curtail unwanted pregnancies by making birth control easily available .... and therefore less abortions I would think.

So what do you say christians ?????? Birth control or allow the murder of the innocents to continue?
Not a chance--because the real agenda is punishing women for having sex when they're not supposed to.

Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
It's a sad sad state of affairs ... His way is the best way to live .... but it is a choice ... choice given by the Lord himself. What a sick world we live in .... getting sicker every day ... of course He did tell us it would be this way .... difficult to watch prophesy unfold.
I understand your frustration; I also used to see the world through a lens of moral decline and abstention of godly principals. As much as I empathize with how you feel, I cannot share that feeling experientially anymore. I am now experiencing an optimism the first time in my life concerning the direction of the world. I wish we could see eye to eye, but there is a vast chasm between theists and atheist when we consider human achievement, culture, and progress. We can however, try to understand each other with respect and dignity--even if it's difficult.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟720,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I understand your frustration; I also used to see the world through a lens of moral decline and abstention of godly principals. As much as I empathize with how you feel, I cannot share that feeling experientially anymore. I am now experiencing an optimism the first time in my life concerning the direction of the world. I wish we could see eye to eye, but there is a vast chasm between theists and atheist when we consider human achievement, culture, and progress. We can however, try to understand each other with respect and dignity--even if it's difficult.

I would agree .... but not much of that going on in the world ... I am up in my years ... have seen a lot .... we aren't getting better ... still are some wonderful people on earth .... but society as a whole is in the dumpster.

I keep my world small .... small family ... small group of friends and stay out of the rest of the world ... love the Lord and build my relationship with Him ... gives me peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You don't get satire, do you. Nithavela's post was a satirical response to rnmomof7's dragging in the tired old "keep your legs together" line, not an endorsement of promiscuity.

I know.

Tis' you who didn't get it. :)

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For those of you who oppose the legalization of abortion, is it only for religious reasons?

We just don't like the killing of innocent babies. For those of you who had to ask...Wow.

What should convince a non-believer that it should be illegal?

Oh, umm, I don't know...Common sense? Compassion? Disgust with killing the most innocent humans on the planet?

Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
We just don't like the killing of innocent babies. For those of you who had to ask...Wow.

Oh, umm, I don't know...Common sense? Compassion? Disgust with killing the most innocent humans on the planet?
Those are your personal feelings on the matter, but understand there are other factors that people consider. Why do you think this is common sense? Not everyone does.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
Mine and, I'd dare say, quite few others.

Because common sense tells many of us we should not kill babies, To others, though unimaginable, to some of us, I suppose it is not common sense just as you say.

Painfully clear.
But, why? I know you believe all this--but why do you believe it? Why should I?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Mine and, I'd dare say, quite few others.

Because common sense tells many of us we should not kill babies, To others, though unimaginable, to some of us, I suppose it is not common sense just as you say.

Painfully clear.
Nobody really likes the idea of killing babies. Most pro-choicers don't even like the idea of abortion very much, the later in pregnancy the less they like it.

But you've got a non-negotiable stance to defend, and I suspect that almost all the people who can be convinced that a zygote is a baby already believe it.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I Did My Own Abortion...

We are expected to have sympathy for this woman?

That is completely unfair.

No, it isn't. This is a standard leftist sob-story about some poor, oppressed little-girl tortured and upset because it wasn't effortlessly easy for her to kill her baby.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.