I Did My Own Abortion Because Texas Used COVID-19 as an Excuse to Shut Down Abortion Clinics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Sure, redefinition of terms is one of the tactics I mentioned. Not to mention dehumanization.

So....I was exactly on point.
Redefinition of terms is a practice the church has also indulged in over the years. It hasn't always been from zygote onwards.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I have no sympathy for her.. decisions have consequences ... a baby is dead because she couldn't or wouldn't keep her legs together or make sure she at least had birth control .."the wages of sin is death" but this time it was the child..
There it is again, the good old "legs together" line.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are going to be rude, why engage at all?

I don't find my lack of concern for the fact you don't think one of my posts are persuasive particularly rude at all. Actually not even close

You didn't think much of mine, but when I don't care for yours, I'm rude?

Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
I don't find my lack of concern for the fact you don't think one of my posts are persuasive particularly rude at all. Actually not even close

You didn't think much of mine, but when I don't care for yours, I'm rude?
It is difficult to determine tone on a forum, but most people will interpret the singular response of "I don't care," as a dismissive dig that ends, rather that promotes discussion. That is easily perceived as rudeness.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is difficult to determine tone on a forum, but most people will interpret the singular response of "I don't care," as a dismissive dig that ends, rather that promotes discussion. That is easily perceived as rudeness.

Not even worth arguing.

Reactions: Caliban
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Then you are saying people being promiscuous is fine, even if it results in consequences such as happened here?
No, unless you believe that all abortions are the consequence of promiscuity.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No one indicated that promiscuity was fine, either.

IMO, they did, but I won't waste the time to argue that with you. I'll just wait for the answer from whom I directed the question, but thanks for your input.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
IMO, they did, but I won't waste the time to argue that with you. I'll just wait for the answer from whom I directed the question, but thanks for your input.
You don't get satire, do you. Nithavela's post was a satirical response to rnmomof7's dragging in the tired old "keep your legs together" line, not an endorsement of promiscuity.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Then you are saying people being promiscuous is fine, even if it results in consequences such as happened here?
Nah, I think it would be best if humans would stop having sex entirely.

• Haha
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, you are making a mistake there. It is for when a woman has the control to decide when to have a baby, not for having babies all the time.

And while sex is necessary for reproduction, is it fair to force those with high sex drives to have many babies?

Theres a thing called birth control ... why not use it instead of forfeiting a life for a "roll in the hay"

• Winner
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Theres a thing called birth control ... why not use it instead of forfeiting a life for a "roll in the hay"
Why do "pro-lifers" want to make it hard to get and eliminate some forms of it altogether? Why are they against comprehensive sex ed which would teach how to use it effectively? What about women who did not intend to have "a roll in the hay" but were subject to coercion?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have no sympathy for her.. decisions have consequences ... a baby is dead because she couldn't or wouldn't keep her legs together or make sure she at least had birth control .."the wages of sin is death" but this time it was the child..
It's none of our business. If she aborts her unborn fetus. And the last Conservatize Christian told me , theses women should of keep her legs shut. Had two abortion under her belt. I have no idea how hard or easy is it . For a poor person to BC in Conservative Christian state.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree, but many who want to make abortion illegal don't support birth control.

Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
Apples and oranges
These two things are very much connected because they fall under the category of reproductive rights and are politically opposed by some people. Catholics for example, tend to have a different position on contraception than Evangelicals or Presbyterians. The have traditionally opposed contraception as well as abortion. Many still oppose contraception. For you, it may not be seem similar, but for those having to argue for their rights--these positions are under one umbrella.

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I agree, but many who want to make abortion illegal don't support birth control.

well .... they need to grow up .... abortion is legal ... as detestable as it is and no hope in getting it changed, even now progressing into infanticide ... I would support birth control rather than innocent babies being aborted as some kind of a convenience due mostly to irresponsible behavior.

I mean ... come on people ... which is better ... preventing pregnancies or killing babies???? Seems like a no brainer to me.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.