I Did My Own Abortion Because Texas Used COVID-19 as an Excuse to Shut Down Abortion Clinics

Status
Not open for further replies.

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you have any data which supports that?
I don't know that anyone has actually done a study on it, and probably would have a hard time doing so. There are some things people tend to keep anonymous today (like doing or not doing chemo again, like choosing or declining any particular vaccine, like using natural hormones vs. synthetic, etc) because of crazies in all kinds of venues.

If someone says something someone else dislikes, threats, doxxing, job loss, and worse can follow, depending on the topic.

From social media and fora use, these sorts of arguments are made a lot from people who have made it clear they are very pro-choice.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Most pro-choice people are anti-choice on other medical/bodily issues (like chemo, or prescription medicine choice, or vaccines, to name three off the top of my head), so the hypocrisy is off-putting.
I think most pro-choice people are only anti-choice when it concerns people other than the person making the choice. Like a child or someone that could be infected by the disease someone chose not to vaccinate against.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think most pro-choice people are only anti-choice when it concerns people other than the person making the choice. Like a child or someone that could be infected by the disease someone chose not to vaccinate against.
Oh, wait...so you ARE concerned about the life of a child not your own? Then you should be pro-life.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Thou shalt not murder. Murder is taking a life without cause.

My personal experience comes from talking a girl into having an abortion many years ago. I thought the same as many others and justified it. I was wrong and will never be able to change that day. Had it been illegal I would have been forced to make the right call and be responsible. I don't wish others to go thru the same.
You want abortion to be illegal? So how are you going to do it? That's a sad story, but I have the impression that you would rather have abortion as a political issue to use against "liberals" than a solved problem.

Example: if abortion always kills a human being, then every time a zygote fails to implant or a miscarriage occurs a human being dies. When a human being dies the law requires that a death certificate is issued. If the circumstances of the death are unclear then a coroner's inquest must be held. How is that going to work in practiice?

Another example: When you charge a person with capital murder you must have a corpus delecti. Not necessarily a literal corpse, but substantial evidence that a murder has occurred. In the case of abortion it will be necessary to provide evidence that the woman charged was pregnant to begin with. If the woman denies she was ever pregnant, what does the prosecution do next?

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
Odd, I can just hear the baby thinking just that, even if only for but a moment. :(
I don't find that particularly persuasive. Without the belief of people having spirits and the Christian view of conception, that statement does not haver the same emotional impact on me as it might on you. We have different expectations about these things.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Oh, wait...so you ARE concerned about the life of a child not your own? Then you should be pro-life.
Most pro-choice supporters don't view a fetus as a person, or at least not until a certain point into the pregnancy.

I wasn't talking about myself, btw.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Most pro-choice supporters don't view a fetus as a person, or at least not until a certain point into the pregnancy.

I wasn't talking about myself, btw.
I know they don't. That is a primary tactic to win a political point, and it has been quite successful in recent years. Dehumanize others and redefine terms.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I know they don't. That is a primary tactic to win a political point, and it has been quite successful in recent years. Dehumanize others and redefine terms.
So then what was the point of this comment?

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So then what was the point of this comment?
I think it's self-evident:

You said:

So I responded to the hypocrisy: Oh, wait...so you ARE concerned about the life of a child not your own? Then you should be pro-life.

You pointed out that you weren't necessarily espousing your own opinion in the first statement, which I accepted in my following response. Nevertheless, it is a hypocritical stance for the one who does espouse it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I think it's self-evident:

You said:

So I responded to the hypocrisy: Oh, wait...so you ARE concerned about the life of a child not your own? Then you should be pro-life.

You pointed out that you weren't necessarily espousing your own opinion in the first statement, which I accepted in my following response. Nevertheless, it is a hypocritical stance for the one who does espouse it.
I think it's self consistent when one accepts the premise that a fetus isn't a person, so there's no hypocrisy.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think it's self consistent when one accepts the premise that a fetus isn't a person, so there's no hypocrisy.
Sure, redefinition of terms is one of the tactics I mentioned. Not to mention dehumanization.

So....I was exactly on point.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Sure, redefinition of terms is one of the tactics I mentioned. Not to mention dehumanization.

So....I was exactly on point.
Only if you view your viewpoint as objective.

Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
I don't care.
If you are going to be rude, why engage at all? Why not just ignore posts that you disagree with. A conversation or silence is better than trying to score gotcha points.

• Friendly
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
...because she couldn't or wouldn't keep her legs together...
Now we're down to it.

But consider this example: A mentally retarded 16-year-old pregnant by the boyfriend of her drug addicted mother. No abortion for you, honey, and because we are good Christians and have eliminated Medicaid, well, you're on your own.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.