I decided I'm going to commit to Jesus once again. But I don't feel him among me.

Caleb22

Hello
Dec 27, 2017
New York
✟12,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Kinda, and this also answers your other post on how do I start this relationship with him.

Reading the bible paints a picture of who the trinity is.
If you believe in Jesus as your atonement for your sins, He promises to give the Holy Spirit. You walk in faith allowing the Holy Spirit to convict you of your sins. It is up to you to live according to the way Jesus asks of us. If we stumble, your conscience will convict you. That's the Holy Spirit at work in you. You start feeling guilty for that sin and repent and ask Gods forgiveness. You try and never stumble in that sin again.
Walking in this faith to what Jesus asked means you start having relationship with Them,Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
John 14. 23

So let's say your troubled and suffer anxiety. Jesus says do not be anxious, cast all your burdens on me and I will give you rest.
So talk to Him. Say God, you told me if I'm troubled that I can come to you and you will give me rest. So I'm coming to you with my problem and your word says you will give me rest. Then give your problem to God and don't worry anymore. Simple
Ok! I will try that once I feel troubled! I will come back to this post if I have anymore questions.

• Agree
Reactions: Jonathan Leo
Upvote 0

Caleb22

Hello
Dec 27, 2017
New York
✟12,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Caleb......you are no match for Satan....but “ greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world”....you will win this Spritual battle—- count on it! God bless!
Thanks everyone! All your support is surreal! :amen:

• Friendly
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟102,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am saved, but the last year and a half I lived my life based on "I want to do what I want to do." So God let me go through trials that Satan laid upon me and I gave up living by myself and surrendered to God. There are many times where I feel great and so connected to God, and times I feel nervous and vulnerable to Satan's attacks. I don't know what my purpose yet is or what I need to do to get closer to him. Everyday I go through battles with Satan that I know I can't fight alone. But, I don't know what to do to be stronger.
You say you are saved, but you still didn't say what your understanding of the Gospel is or what you believe salvation to be. From reading your post there seems to be a lot of things you believe about God and the faith that aren't true. I say this because you talk a lot about how you "feel" and feelings are based on your thoughts. Your thoughts come from what you believe. I think you need to go back to the foundation of your faith. Again, what is the Gospel? What is the Bad News and what is the Good News of Jesus? What is the problem between man and God? What is your understanding of forgiveness? Basically, do you know your identity in Christ? From my experience many Christians don't know their identity in Christ and then wonder why their walk is such a mess. I challenge you to go back to the beginning. Ask God to clean your slate and teach you afresh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
For four months I've been going through fear and depression and doubt. And I realized that I need God in my life again.

You've always needed God whether you've realized it or not. And when you neglect Him, fear, depression and doubt creep in.

So I recently decided to change and start getting closer to God again because before I really didn't care. And I've been wanting to restart but I'm lost and I don't know where to start.

Where do you start with God? Well, to begin, recognize who He is: He's your Maker, and Sustainer, and God; He is your Superior in every way; He is so far above you, so much greater than you, that no description can adequately communicate the difference between you. When you come to God, then, you must come to Him in deep humility, and repentance, and utter dependence. He's not an accessory to your life; He's the Core of it, the absolute fundamental Ground of your existence. You need Him more than air, or water, or the blood in your veins. This is where every one of us must start with God.

James 4:8-10
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

I know God is with me but I don't feel his presence.

And so? What do your feelings have to do with anything? Is God only with you when you feel that He is? Of course not. He's God and everywhere present at all times. There is no where you can be that He is not. This is true no matter what you may or may not feel.

And Satan has tempted me to keep thinking about my fears and the past. I don't know what to do.

The single best remedy for this is to know and trust the One who made you. Anchor your thinking to who He is. Trust Him entirely, as He deserves to be trusted.

Isaiah 26:3-4
3 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.
4 Trust in the Lord forever, For in Yah, the Lord, is everlasting strength.

I need the Lord and your help.
No, you only need the Lord. He is entirely sufficient to meet all of your needs.

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
First of all....make The Sign of The Cross, think about Jesus' Life, His Teachings, His Sufferings, Bitter Passion, His Sorrows torments and agonies and why? Why did Jesus suffer and die for us, healing the sick, providing for the needy, spreading Gods Holy Word and fulfilling Gods Holy Word - in short - focus on "Jesus Christ our Merciful Saviour" and His Life. Because it is through Jesus and Holy Spirit (in us through Holy Baptism) that we connect to God The Most High our Heavenly Father and for those whom do not know and unaware, our Blessed Holy Trinity Gifted mankind with Holy Mother Mary to bring souls back to Her most Beloved Son our Lord Jesus Christ also while many trillions oblivious to this Holy fact on earth.

Pray to Jesus, talk to Jesus and Holy Spirit asking for our Lord Jesus to enter your Heart and to be "received" into your heart after making a Holy Confession of your sins to Jesus in remorse from your heart.

Jesus has told so many people in His Holy Word to be humble.
Jesus told His Holy Saints that He "favours Humble souls".
Jesus also told many of His Holy Saints that He requires humble souls repenting their sins to Him often and then He cleanses those souls removing blockages to receive Him into hearts more greatly.
Jesus also told His Holy Saints one of them being Holy Saint Marie Chambon to immerse ones heart and soul in "My Sacred Wounds" and "Precious Blood" - I say Precious Holy Blood when praying and talking to Jesus prior to praying His Holy Wound Chaplet of which Jesus delivered to Saint Chambon in the 1900s with His Holy Messages.

Jesus Chaplet of His Holy Wounds
- delivered to Saint Marie Chambon of whom Jesus requests we include Saint Marie Chambon to pray for us and with us for holy causes - including for The Holy Souls in Purgatory, the sick and dying, conversions and salvation of all mankind, for souls on their way to eternal damnation, for the meek and humble souls and souls of little Children and for the world - for Gods Love and Peace among many other Holy causes Jesus delivered in His Holy Divine Requests of mankind through Holy Saint Marie Chambon

Jesus also said not to worry while praying to Him His Holy Wound Chaplet about anything. Once we immerse our hearts and souls in His Holy Sacred Wounds and Precious Holy Blood Jesus takes over in everything in our lives changing, healing, transforming, being in Holy Unity in Him through His Holy Sacred Wounds and for us to beseeching God The Most High through Him, Holy Spirit and Holy Mother Mary holding the Holy Immaculate Hand of Mary praying on the strength of His Bitter Passion for God to look through "My Sacred Wounds" and "precious Holy Blood" and to look upon the Most Holy Face of Jesus and our Lord Jesus Holy Divine Countenance" for conversions and salvation of mankind and for the above.

On the crucifix and first three beads:
O Jesus, Divine Redeemer,
be merciful to us and to the whole world.

Amen.

Strong God, Holy God, Immortal God,
have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Amen

Grace and Mercy, O my Jesus, during present dangers;
cover us with Your Precious Blood.

Amen.

Eternal Father, grant us mercy through the Blood of Jesus Christ, Your only Son;
grant us mercy we beseech You.

Amen, Amen, Amen.

The following prayers, composed by Our Lord, are to be said using the Marian Rosary:

On the large beads (The "Our Father" beads):

Eternal Father,
I offer You the Wounds of Our Lord, Jesus Christ,
to heal the wounds of our souls.

On the small beads (The "Hail Mary" beads):

My Jesus, pardon and mercy,
through the merits of Your Holy Wounds.

The devotion to the Holy Wounds and the following promises were revealed by Our Lord Jesus to Sr. Mary Martha Chambon (1841-1907) of the Monastery of the Visitation of Chambery. The cause for her beatification was introduced in 1937.

Jesus has requested through His Holy Saints to "sacrifice" as many of the earthly things as possible keeping our lives simple. basic in Him and serving Him, Loving Him, adoring Him, adoring Him in His Blessed Sacrament Present at His Altars on Fridays at around 3pm or at any time - saying "Few do this". Jesus explains

The Most Holy Rosary and The 15 Holy Promises of our Lord Jesus God The Most High Holy Spirit's of which our Lord Jesus delivered to Saint Dominic in 1214 and again in 1215 to Blessed Alan De La Roche in addition to thousands of our Lord Jesus' God's Holy Saints Holy Martyrs and Holy Souls in Heaven while here on earth.

VIDEO UPDATE: Nigerian Bishop Says Christ Showed Him How to Beat Islamic Terror Group
News:
bp-dashe.jpg

AddThis Sharing Buttons
Ryan Fitzgerald • ChurchMilitant.com • April 21, 2015 86 Comments
A bishop in Nigeria says praying the Rosary will defeat Boko Haram, following an alleged vision of Christ

You are not signed in as a Premium user; we rely on Premium users to support our news reporting. Sign in or Sign up today!

UPDATE—April 28, 2015

Video courtesy of Catholic News Agency:

Bishop Oliver Dashe Doeme, head of the Diocese of Maiduguri in Nigeria's Borno State, was in a chapel praying before the Blessed Sacrament last December when, he says, something extraordinary happened: Jesus Christ appeared holding a sword, which He offered to the prelate.

According to Bishop Dashe, the moment he took the sword from Jesus' hands, it transformed into Rosary beads. He then heard Christ repeat three times, “Boko Haram is gone.”

The bishop recalls, “I didn't need any prophet to give me the explanation. It was clear that with the Rosary we would be able to expel Boko Haram.”

Boko Haram is the Islamic group that's been massacring Christian civilians in Nigeria and beyond for several years.

It originally was tied to Al Quaeda, but now formally pledges allegiance to the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. Bishop Doeme says he's seen the size of his diocese cut in half since Boko Haram started ramping up its violent activity in 2009. Most fled for safer grounds.

“Despite all this,” the Nigerian prelate says, “we do not give up our public witness to our faith.” He affirms, “I wear my episcopal robes publicly, because on the day I agreed to be bishop I knew I was signing my death sentence.”

Boko Haram has reportedly been used in the recent past as a bargaining tool by the United States. Bishop Emmanuel Badejo of Oyo, Nigeria states, “The United States actually said it would help Nigeria with Boko Haram only if we modify our laws concerning homosexuality, family planning and birth control.”

Bishop Dashe also has problems with the West, which he notes isn't free of problems itself.
dashe.jpeg
“In Europe and America you have your own demons: abortion, homosexual pseudo-marriage and secularism.”

The bishop hesitated in the beginning to tell anyone about the apparition, but soon began getting strong urges from the Holy Spirit to share its message. So he started to tell priests in his diocese what happened. Eventually, he announced it at a Catholic event in Spain supporting Christian victims of Islamic violence.

He's since gone on a “consolation tour” through diocesan communities, promoting prayer, forgiveness and persistent faith. He believes Jesus wants him to advocate praying the Rosary in order to assist them in these efforts.

“Maybe that’s why He did it,” Bishop Dashe remarks about the apparition.

“Our faith is unwavering,” he remarks. “Even when they suffer killings, Christians still go to church, and Christian activities in public life continue.”

Continuing, the bishop declares, “They can destroy our buildings and our lives, but they cannot destroy our faith in Christ.”

hands-with-rosary-beads.jpg

He expresses further confidence in the intercession of Blessed “Mamma Mary” toward instilling a peaceful recovery of his diocese.

His country's bishops have already jointly consecrated Nigeria to Our Lady in recent years.

“Boko Haram is evil, demonic, and can only be removed through prayer,” Bishop Dashe says.

Citing Jesus' words in the apparition, he insists that no matter how long it takes, with faith in the Most Holy Rosary, “Boko Haram is gone.”

Jesus delivered The Most Holy Rosary to Saint Dominic in 1214 and 1216 with Jesus saying from and through in God The Most High and Holy Spirit

"The Rosary is the greatest weapon against satan" and

"Man's last mean/s of Salvation"

15 Holy Promises attached from God The Most High with us Gifted with Holy Mother Mary and Gods 15 Holy Promises of which many I personally have received from God through my most Holy Divine Mother prayed daily. So many many Holy Blessings Holy Gifts Holy Graces too innumerable to mention.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For four months I've been going through fear and depression and doubt. And I realized that I need God in my life again. So I recently decided to change and start getting closer to God again because before I really didn't care. And I've been wanting to restart but I'm lost and I don't know where to start. At some times I feel joy and sometimes I've felt depressed and confused. I've been scared on the past and feel like I might not go to sleep tonight burdened by my fear and being alone. I know God is with me but I don't feel his presence. And Satan has tempted me to keep thinking about my fears and the past. I don't know what to do. It's been a real emotional roller coaster for me, I've sought help and it helps for a little but wears off. I need the Lord and your help.

The truth is that even very dedicated Christians can go for long periods without experiencing God's physical presence. You will need to just hang on to the little nuggets of gold that God gives you. By that I mean the positive things that you hear from Him and his word.

Reactions: Caleb22
Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
DEVOTION TO THE HOLY WOUNDS OF CHRIST

Mary Martha Chambon (1841-1907) was a lay Sister of the Monastery of the Visitation Order in Chambery, France. During her life, Jesus Himself is said to have revealed to her the following two invocations, giving her the double mission to adore and invoke the Sacred Wounds unceasingly and to revive this devotion in the hearts of creatures. She died in the odor of sanctity on 21 March 1907, and the cause for her beatification was introduced in 1937.

PRAYER

Eternal Father I offer Thee the Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to heal the wounds of our souls. My Jesus, pardon and mercy through the merits of Thy Sacred Wounds.

Here are some statements Jesus is said to have made to Sr. Mary Martha about this devotion:
  • "Come to My Wounds with hearts burning with love, and make the aspirations with great fervor that you may obtain the graces and favors you desire. Come to this wound in My Side; it is the Wound of Love from which issue flames of fire"
  • "You must pray that the knowledge of My Sacred Wounds may spread in the world". (As He said these words, Sr. Mary Martha saw five luminous rays of glory issue from the Wounds of Christ, and envelop the globe.)
  • "My Holy Wounds sanctify souls and insure their spiritual advancement...Offer Me your actions united to My Sacred Wounds, and even the smallest will have an incomprehensible value"
  • "Offer them often to Me for sinners because I thirst for souls. At each word of the invocation that you utter, I will let a drop of My Blood fall upon the soul of a sinner."
  • "When you offer My Holy Wounds for sinners, you must not forget to do so for the souls in Purgatory, as there are but few who think of their relief. The Holy Wounds are the treasure of treasures for the souls in Purgatory."

Nihil obstat: John A. Schulien, Censor Librorum; Milwaukee, WI, 2 May 1956. Imprimatur: +Albertus G. Meyer, Archbishop of Milwaukee, 1 May 1956.

The following are promises by Jesus to Sr. Mary Martha Chambon:

1. I will grant all that is solicited from Me through the invocation of my holy Wounds. This devotion must be spread.
2. In truth, this devotion comes not from earth but from heaven. It can obtain everything.
3. My holy Wounds support the world... ask me to like them constantly, for they are the source of graces. One must invoke them often, attract others to them and instill this devotion in the souls.
4. When you suffer sorrows, promptly confide them to my Wounds and they will be alleviated.
5. he following aspirations must be repeated often to sick persons: "My Jesus, pardon and mercy, for the merits of Your Holy Wounds.". This prayer will soothe both body and soul.
6. And the sinner who will say: "Eternal Father, I offer You the Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to save our souls." will obtain conversion.
7. My Wounds shall heal yours.
8. There shall be no death for the souls who will pass out in my Wounds. They give the true life.
9. For each word of the Chaplet of Mercy that you will pronounce, I will allow a drop of my Blood to fall upon the soul of a sinner.
10. The soul who will have honoured my holy Wounds and will have offered them to the Eternal Father for the souls in Purgatory shall be accompanied by the Blessed Virgin and the Angels at the hour of their death and I, in my radiant glory, will receive them and crown them.
11. The holy Wounds are the treasure of treasures for the souls in Purgatory.
12. The Devotion to my Wounds is the remedy in these times of iniquity.
13. Fruits of sanctity pour out of my Wounds. By meditating upon them you shall acquire new food for love.
14. My child, if you dip your actions in my holy Wounds, they shall acquire value; your smallest actions covered with my Blood shall satisfy my Heart.
15. My holy Wounds must be offered to my Eternal Father. Through them the Church shall triumph, being helped by my Immaculate Mother.

My most Holy Sacred Divine King of Kings Lord of Lords Holy Divine King of Heaven and Holy Divine King of hearts and souls and over Gods earth, what did we do to Thee?

Our Lord Jesus said to Holy Saint Marie Chambon to never be ashamed of Him on the Cross that He is Glorified in God on The Cross in Holy Heaven and it is God our Heavenly Father Whom looks across at Jesus on The Cross and His Sufferings dying out of pure Holy Divine Love for God and through Jesus Holy Sacred Wounds Glorified in Heaven and Jesus Precious Holy Blood particularly when God has been prayed to and asked for Him to do so, many many souls are saved and many many conversions and salvation for souls here and in Holy Purgatory in Jesus Holy Will through His Holy Wound Chaplet, our Lords Holy Divine Mercy Chaplet and Novena and The Most Holy Rosary with the Holy Divine Mysteries contained within The Holy Rosary - Gods Holy Word. Jesus Holy Divine Life celebrated and much much more - His Bitter Passion - in His Holy Sorrowful Mysteries and all of the Holy Mysteries.

O Eternal FAther, I offer Thee The Body and Blood Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son our Lord Jesus Christ in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world Amen.

O Eternal Father grant us Mercy through The Blood of Jesus Christ Thy only Son, grant us Mercy, we Beseech Thee Amen Amen Amen.

O Eternal Father I offer Thee The Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ to heal the Wounds of our souls Amen.

My Jesus pardon and Mercy through The Merits of Thy Holy Wounds x 10

while focussing on Jesus His Sorrows, His bitter Agony, His Bitter Passion going deep into His Bitter Passion - reading Jesus Divine Mercy Novena - Day 1 to Day 9 Jesus God Holy Spirit outlines some of Jesus Bitter Passion of which assists through Jesus Holy Spirit most powerfully in God and through Holy Mother Mary if one but trusts in Jesus and Holy Mother Mary completely.

Upvote 0

Caleb22

Hello
Dec 27, 2017
New York
✟12,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I guess one of the things I have been struggling with is trusting in him. I seek him throughout the day and by the time I go to bed. I feel good and trust him all the way. But when I wake up, Satan fills me with fear and doubt that this may never end. And the cycle repeats...

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I guess one of the things I have been struggling with is trusting in him. I seek him throughout the day and by the time I go to bed. I feel good and trust him all the way. But when I wake up, Satan fills me with fear and doubt that this may never end. And the cycle repeats...
Something that helps me sometimes is audio resources. There is a radio station called the Journey at 88.3 FM (I think it was a default in the car I drive) which is a Christian station, it’s not just radio music they have a sort of scripture of the day and lifeline productions which are audio-only comics (they can be very eye-opening). Also Alexa and maybe the google home things (I only have Alexa so I can’t be sure) can get the Bible skill so you ask, “Alexa, read Luke 19:1-10.” or a whole chapter. I think that skill may have other abilities but I haven’t looked into it much beyond the above. Hope it helps!

Edit: Also the Bible app on smartphones and possibly some other devices will have some versions which plays the audio until either the end of a chapter or manually stopped (I can’t remember exactly, I think it has to be stopped manually) and you can adjust the speed if the standard is too fast (sometimes it was for me at least).

Reactions: Caleb22
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For four months I've been going through fear and depression and doubt. And I realized that I need God in my life again. So I recently decided to change and start getting closer to God again because before I really didn't care. And I've been wanting to restart but I'm lost and I don't know where to start. At some times I feel joy and sometimes I've felt depressed and confused. I've been scared on the past and feel like I might not go to sleep tonight burdened by my fear and being alone. I know God is with me but I don't feel his presence. And Satan has tempted me to keep thinking about my fears and the past. I don't know what to do. It's been a real emotional roller coaster for me, I've sought help and it helps for a little but wears off. I need the Lord and your help.

Since I read nothing about receiving the Lord Jesus into your heart, and only wanting God's blessings, I would just counsel you to read all of John 14 and see why the blessings of God is not working for you. God says "ye must be born again" (John 3). Religion does not save! I hope you will appreciate this bit of advice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Caleb22, just picture you found this book. Never seen it before.. the Bible. Now be a kid and read it. What ever HE said/says.. just believe. Trust Him. I mean TRUST HIM. Not by how you feel or see or hear. You walk by faith. Meaning if HE said it.. you read John 3:16.. duh its true felt what? Seen what? heard what? Yet we simply believe. Try to understand GOD CANT LIE. If we KNOW He can't lie.. wow

See this road we are on.. no matter WHAT you do.. He never fails. Never gives up Never stops. When we are NOT faithful HE IS! See in the end.. NO MAN will judge God. No man will say.. YOU WERE NOT THERE! YOU DIDNT HEAL YOU DIDNT DO..on and and. He will NEVER be judged. We will find out.. He has ALWAYS been there. We will find out how many times He saved our lives.

Want to MOVE God? Want to PLEASE Him? Just BELIEVE! Like you open that door. You can't see thing.. just GO! HE WONT LET YOU DOWN! He is REAL! All things are possible to them that believe.. what ever you ask the Father in HIS name. What ever you desire when you pray believe.. know He hears you and you know you have the petitions you asked for. GODS YOUR DAD HELLO? :) He NEVER lost ..never will.

• Winner
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟761,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've been scared on the past and feel like I might not go to sleep tonight burdened by my fear and being alone.

Loneliness is a tough struggle. Welcome here and hope you will enjoy your stay.

Upvote 0

Deadworm

May 26, 2016
Colville, WA 99114
✟68,313.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Just 2 points about my own struggles with faith and feelings:
(1) I experienced my most powerful encounters with God after a long and agonizing sense of God's absence and apparent indifference. I think God plunged me into the valley of emptiness to deepen my spiritual thirst for contact with Him.

(2) J. Hudson Taylor is one of the most effective Protestant missionaries of all time. In the 19th century he founded the China Inland Mission and had a lasting impact by bringing Christianity to China's interior. In doing so, he had many trials--the death of his wife, persecution, serious illness, betrayal, etc. He was once asked the secret of his spiritual success. He replied: "I learned that I could receive my greatest answers to prayer when my heart felt like wood." That is one of the most profound spiritual comments I have ever heard. Don't confuse a lack of rich feelings with God's absence or a lack of spiritual power.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,627.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
When I can't "feel God" I tend to chalk this up to my flesh and the sin living within the members of my body using my memories against me to block God out ... because the flesh doesn't like anything Godly. If it gets out of hand, or if I recognize this pattern before it does, then I confess sins as I discern them trusting God to cleanse me because of what 1 John 1:9 says about that.
Maybe it's different for you, but I'll be praying, hope things get better for you.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hey Caleb,

Jesus told Thomas "Blessed are those who haven't seen and believed". I think you could apply that to our feelings as well. We don't always feel Gods presence, but what has changed? He said "I'll never leave you or forsake you". The Holy Spirit hasn't stopped indwelling us in those times that we feel nothing. He is still there and still guiding us.

A lot depends on what we are focusing on. You said Satan was attacking you mentally, trying to get you to focus on your fears. God has a couple verses for that:

2 Corinthians 10:5

casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ

We have to bring all of those thoughts into line with the truth. The truth is that you're not alone regardless of what you feel. When the attack comes to tell you that you are alone, quote scripture to that thought "I will never leave you nor forsake you". Whatever the thought is, counter it with the word of God. It is sharper than any two edged sword and it will repel these attacks.

The foundation of our faith can't be our feelings. The foundation of our faith is the Lord Jesus Christ; the Rock of our salvation. The Lord Jesus said that the man who built the house on the Rock is the one who heard His sayings and did them. If you are doing the will of the Lord you won't be moved when the storm of fear comes. Let the Lord be in charge of your feelings and you focus on obedience to His commands.

The second one is Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things

This is telling us not to be passive in our thought life, but to be active. We have to choose what to think about. This is telling us what we should be thinking about. By focusing on the wonderful and awesome things of God, and on God Himself, you will choke out those seeds of fear and doubt the enemy is trying to plant.

If you practice these two scriptures you will overcome these attacks and feel secure in your relationship with the Lord my brother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
keep a guard indeed about Lucifer. thank the heavens these spiritual, physical, and mental wounds are worth it so we can learn how to be in a better relationship with god. i'm grateful for your concern on my end that you want to be a better christian. don't worry, Lucifer cannot truly take you prisoner for his will because god is always there for us as you know or for anyone for that matter. God, help Caleb22, please! amen. God cannot and will not stand by Lucifer doing anything to us truly speaking, he will help.

for you...you must continue down the road of Lord Almighty in terms of having a relationship with him until you see a path leading to the trees of a good Godly life. i pray you will be free of your fear, depression and doubt! God be praised! God has all your gratitude for reaching out to him. we should praise God, then, for it is in his service we are freed Caleb22. remember, a strong opponent is your best trainer and that is the second most powerful individual for all of time and that is Lucifer. priests are charged with whatever spiritual instruction they can, so seek them out as well on such matters. the way of restraint and harmony is something many aspire to but few achieve it. i don't have it at least. when Lucifer's abilities are so much greater than those around him except God, there is the temptation to set everything right by might alone in his ways and he does. you'll be just fine, just find content out there that is you truly as well including God and the bible of course. you'll be fine Caleb22. May God watch over you. Good Luck!

Upvote 0