Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have this old friend who I know along time.
After years of living my own life apart from him, in my struggles, I turned to Christ after He appeared in a vision to me. Found out when I went to church that this guy was a Christian 19 years.
Long story short, we started hanging out
He tell me his struggles, me tell him mine, I’d give advice on life, he give advice about Christ since I was a new believer and so on so fort.

But the thing is,
that this guy went away and gossiped to somebody we know and made me out to be a bad person. I forgave, you know with Jesus telling us and all that

Another time I was invited with other new believers to a Christian conference and I personally invited my buddy. He came along but what I found was that he didn’t really like the new guys. It was t that the newbies were bad or anything, it’s just he couldn’t handle hanging around and talking after the conference. My friend walked off on his own and stood at the car like a lost pup. To me it was like a spoiled brat. I brushed it off but later he told me he couldn’t handle the way the guys were acting. What?? Talking about God? Very strange of him to say the least

Another time I was volunteering at a soup kitchen organized by Christians. I got to know the leader and I ran around like a lap dog for her. I didn’t mind, we were really getting stuff for the homeless done. One day she rang me up and asked me why I wasn’t talking to my buddie. I wasn’t talking to him because he had went away drinking with another person and was avoiding me for days. At the time it was Christmas and was busy anyway with my own family. I wasn’t going to gossip about the bad things he was doing to her, so I just said I was speaking to him and that I’m just busy with organizing Christmas. What’s annoying me is this, whatever He told her about me, caused her ( the leader of volunteers) never to contact me again. I was shocked and annoyed at the same time. I no longer volunteer

Another time we went away to another Christian conference I was iffy about him, but he said sorry for being an ass and as he calls it, we cleared the air. Wasn’t long after that we were out having a lads night with drinks. My other friend innocently took a photo of us together and tagged him in Facebook. He lost the plot and was very very angry at the guy who took the photo the next day. I tried my best to calm him down explaining it was only a photo. 5 hours later I had to come out and say, that you are only annoyed because other people in church can see you were in a pub. I told him stop wearing a mask in church when your in the pub 4 nights a week. Besides, who is anyone in church to judge you if you have a drink. It’s not as if your falling around the place picking up hookers. He snapped at me.
I don’t wear a mask, your not like Jesus.
My only down fall was that after he ignored me for 4 weeks after his statement about me not being like Christ, he came crawling back as if nothing happened. I was so offended at him and had enough. I told him the one thing he hates. I told him to leave me alone. He asked what you mean, I said in a nice way p, to F - Off.

I’ve had enough of this mans hurt. He’s a Christian?? My none believing friends wouldn’t treat me like He did. I left church and nobody has contacted me. My guess is that he trying to appear righteous In the eyes of other church goers and has made me out to be the bad guy. Not unusual of his character from my above points.

My question is this,
I know I am justified in cutting him off because God said he hates those who cause division and to cut them off, but have anybody had similar instances and is it ok to keep that person cut off...?
Honestly, the guy always drained my energy anyway
Thanks

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Oh yes, Been there and done that. It is the right thing to do if they are causing you to stumble or as this man, causing your walk with Christ to be anything but joyful.
Unfortunately we have many people who hide behind a mask and pretend to be christians, When in reality they are wolves in sheep's clothing. You have done the right thing and I would definitely keep praying for him and yet like you did, Stay away. I had to do the same thing happen when I accepted Jesus. I walked away from close buddies who were always drinking and raising cain. They would laugh and call me old preacher boy. lol But the joke is on them because I did become a minister. lol

Reactions: Jonathan Leo
Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh yes, Been there and done that. It is the right thing to do if they are causing you to stumble or as this man, causing your walk with Christ to be anything but joyful.
Unfortunately we have many people who hide behind a mask and pretend to be christians, When in reality they are wolves in sheep's clothing. You have done the right thing and I would definitely keep praying for him and yet like you did, Stay away. I had to do the same thing happen when I accepted Jesus. I walked away from close buddies who were always drinking and raising cain. They would laugh and call me old preacher boy. lol But the joke is on them because I did become a minister. lol
Good for you bro, and thanks for the advise. I class Him as a wolf in sheeps clothing since then because no way should a Christian carry on like that to another, a slip maybe but this was a regular occurrence.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Good for you bro, and thanks for the advise. I class Him as a wolf in sheeps clothing since then because no way should a Christian carry on like that to another, a slip maybe but this was a regular occurrence.
Yeah after a few times it is enough. I understand. Forgive and pray for him, but dust your feet and move forward :]

Reactions: Jonathan Leo
Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah after a few times it is enough. I understand. Forgive and pray for him, but dust your feet and move forward :]
The key to be right standing with God is forgiveness. I believe forgiveness is a heart attitude towards others wrong doing towards you. I’m no longer offended or enraged because of him. I have forgiven but God doesn’t want us to be fools either so cutting him off was def a good idea.
Move forward is right sir. Thank you

Upvote 0