Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So uplifting:

October 22, 2020
Reassurance About Judgment
2 Corinthians 5:6-10

The Bible describes two kinds of judgments—one for those who don’t have a relationship with Jesus Christ and one for those who do. For believers, judgment is an evaluation of the person’s life. While that may sound alarming, we can find comfort in these truths about our judge:

Identity. According to John 5:22, our judge will be Jesus. We can trust the One who laid down His life for our sake, brought us into God’s family, speaks to the Father on our behalf, and intercedes for us faithfully.

Character. Christ’s holy nature ensures that He will be fair. His omniscience means He can’t make decisions based on inadequate or faulty information. And His character is perfect, so He won’t make mistakes or treat certain people more favorably than others.

Purpose. Jesus will evaluate our life according to what we’ve done on earth (2 Corinthians 5:10). But because He already bore the punishment for our sin at the cross, our judgment has to do with rewards, not chastisement (1 Peter 2:24).

Christians can look forward to a new body that will never experience pain or death. What’s more, we will enjoy Jesus’ presence forever (Psalm 16:11; John 14:3). We do not have to fear judgment, because we can trust our Judge and His intentions.
""

AND:

October 21, 2020
Inheriting God’s Promises
Hebrews 6:11-12

"In the Bible, God made many promises because He loves to bless His children. But that doesn’t mean such blessings automatically belong to us. How can we claim His promises and petition Him with confidence? To test the needs we bring to the Lord, here are several questions to ask ourselves:

When I request that God keep this promise, do I ask with a spirit of submission?

Can God perform this request without harming another person or interfering with His will in someone else’s life?

Does the Holy Spirit bear witness to my spirit that God is pleased with my petition?

Will God be honored by fulfilling this promise?

Does my request contradict the Word of God in some way?

If the Lord fulfills this promise, will it serve to further my spiritual growth?

Once we have answered these questions, inheriting God’s promises depends upon three things. First, we need faith. Our Father wants to reward those who trust Him (Gen. 15:6; Heb. 11:6). Second, we must be obedient to God’s will for us—we won’t attain His best when we knowingly disobey. And third, we need patience to wait for His perfect timing. God’s promises are worth the wait, considering the blessings He longs to give us."