Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"Now I beseech, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there is no divisions among you; but the ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement."

I need to have a serious chat with someone who will listen. We all know that God's Word is the Holy Bible, and that every word in it was written by the inspiration of our Almighty God.

God showed me this verse just now, I Corinthians 1:10. I don't think God wanted us to have Different Denominations of Christianity, or Different or any Interpretations of His Holy Word.

I think that because people see the word of God differently than others that they think there should be to each their own Denomination and Interpretation of the Bible.

There is no interpretation of the God's Holy Word, The Holy Bible, at least no man thought Interpretation. God's ways are higher than our ways and God's thoughts are higher than our thoughts. We're not supposed to Interpret God Almighty's Word, we don't have too, that's one of the reasons the Holy Spirit is here, so we don't have to interpret, but see God's Word as it is written.

I'm partially here because I've been keeping in touch with a thread where someone asked why some people pray to Mary. God stepped in on their behalf and told me to write something, so I did, but It didn't change anything, and they still continue to argue, I did and wrote what God told me to, but they didn't listen, and then God touched my heart and said "Leave them be."

They're probably still arguing now. I came here not to see people argue over their different beliefs, but to Love and Fellowship and I believe I'm going to do some good here.

There should be no Denominations, or any Interpretation of God's Word, especially if it leads to this.

I wanted to hear someone's opinion on this. What do you all think?

JingshenBianxi

So Cool
Mar 16, 2017
Houston, TX
✟17,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"Now I beseech, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there is no divisions among you; but the ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement."

I need to have a serious chat with someone who will listen. We all know that God's Word is the Holy Bible, and that every word in it was written by the inspiration of our Almighty God.

God showed me this verse just now, I Corinthians 1:10. I don't think God wanted us to have Different Denominations of Christianity, or Different or any Interpretations of His Holy Word.

I think that because people see the word of God differently than others that they think there should be to each their own Denomination and Interpretation of the Bible.

There is no interpretation of the God's Holy Word, The Holy Bible, at least no man thought Interpretation. God's ways are higher than our ways and God's thoughts are higher than our thoughts. We're not supposed to Interpret God Almighty's Word, we don't have too, that's one of the reasons the Holy Spirit is here, so we don't have to interpret, but see God's Word as it is written.

I'm partially here because I've been keeping in touch with a thread where someone asked why some people pray to Mary. God stepped in on their behalf and told me to write something, so I did, but It didn't change anything, and they still continue to argue, I did and wrote what God told me to, but they didn't listen, and then God touched my heart and said "Leave them be."

They're probably still arguing now. I came here not to see people argue over their different beliefs, but to Love and Fellowship and I believe I'm going to do some good here.

There should be no Denominations, or any Interpretation of God's Word, especially if it leads to this.

You absolutely WILL NOT see unity in the Body of Christ on Christian Forums. The site was built on dissension, debates, arguments, sharing of difference in opinion. Without it? This site literally would not be on the net.

DO NOT EXPECT to ever see unity on Christians Forums. This is not a roast/goad at CF, it's simply a reality. Discussing differences in interpretations on things like Truth is what this site THRIVES ON.

YOU WILL NOT STOP IT!!

All you can do is not conform to what you have already seen and continue to allow God to use you to say whatever needs to be said..and let those who want to " argue " do so.

But I too came here with the intention to not argue and have already fell victim to the " itch " to do just that. I've gotten better after a few warnings, however, God isn't through with me yet. :)

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

There is only one interpretation / application of God's Word. It is provided by the Holy Spirit. All else is the brain of humankind working overtime.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You absolutely WILL NOT see unity in the Body of Christ on Christian Forums. The site was built on dissension, debates, arguments, sharing of difference in opinion. Without it? This site literally would not be on the net.

DO NOT EXPECT to ever see unity on Christians Forums. This is not a roast/goad at CF, it's simply a reality. Discussing differences in interpretations on things like Truth is what this site THRIVES ON.

YOU WILL NOT STOP IT!!

All you can do is not conform to what you have already seen and continue to allow God to use you to say whatever needs to be said..and let those who want to " argue " do so.

But I too came here with the intention to not argue and have already fell victim to the " itch " to do just that. I've gotten better after a few warnings, however, God isn't through with me yet. :)
I suppose God sent me for a reason, and thanks for the heads up! I'm not one to Give In or Give Up. It's time we all return to God Almighty in Unity. Again thanks for the heads up.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It's too late to get rid of denominations but I agree God didn't intend for them to manifest.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's too late to get rid of denominations but I agree God didn't intend for them to manifest.

I completely agree that it's too late to change them, but it's never too late for God Almighty to Unify them Together as one body, no Denominations, not even nondenominational, just Simply Christians.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
We will never see "uniformity" unless we all join the exact same church, and quite frankly, we wouldn't see it even then (as there are always so many intramural "discussions" going on inside all of our churches, aren't there ;)).

Of course, "uniformity" is hardly what God is calling for (no matter what some of our churches AND church members would like to have us believe). Rather, He calls for "unity" among us, which can and has been a reality in the lives of many believers in the world-wide church (even though we belong to different churches/denominations) when the true essentials of the faith are those which are always in focus .. e.g. Christian Forums uses the Nicene Creed for that very purpose, too define what those basic, essential beliefs are :)

This is easier to see when we work together and are "living out" our shared faith (rather than just "discussing" it) for the benefit of others and, of course, for the glory of God. I've seen it/been a part of it personally in several of the ministries I've been blessed to be part of over the years, and it is a beautiful thing to behold :) Pentecostals, the frozen chosen, and nuns in habits, for instance, all working as if we were part of the very same church (and the good news is .. WE ARE :amen:).

IMHO, no single church or denomination within the pale of orthodoxy accurately and/or fully represents all of God, who He is, or all that He intended for us to know about Him/worship Him for. Rather, I believe we get a fuller and more accurate picture of God BECAUSE of the different, orthodox denominations (as each church and denomination helps keep God, and the fuller knowledge of who He is, out of any particular church's/denomination's theological "box" :oldthumbsup:).

Yours in Christ,
David

Ephesians 4
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Take all the things that denominations disagree on, and get rid of it all. Thats the only way to achieve unity. It wont happen however because debate is glorified.

That May be so, but I give Glorification to someone who is Sovereign above all things, because he created all things good and righteous, It will happen, because I'm sure we can all agree God Almighty ALWAYS has the last word in everything, Jesus never said it would be easy, but easy never satisfies me.

God wants all people to Unify and Worship him, simply as those who Love and Praise Him, Simply as those who Believe that Jesus Died for us and that Jesus was the Christ, Simply as "Christians."

If you believe this too, search your heart, and your very soul, and make a choice. Do you want to let things go on as they have been, or Do you want to make a change?

If so God Almighty is Calling you now. Spread the word, "Unification for all Christianity. If all Christians get serious with God Almighty, he then too, will be serious with all of us. To be the servants of the Living God, The Creator of all righteousness and Goodness, to know there is only One God, One Savior, and one comforter, the servants of Christ. Christians, who possess servant leadership as Jesus the Christ did, and by example of Good works, Faith, and Determination in the Face of Extreme Adversity, Persecution, and Death. Whose Sole purpose is to praise The One and Only God Almighty, who created everything righteous and Good, and Hearing the commandments of God and Doing them. No Division one Body in Christ, and doing Good works that we bear good fruit. Simply Christians, unified in Christ. In Jesus the Almighty Christ's Holy Name, For Ever, Amen."

"And you look at me and say, 'Do you know exactly what it is that your speaking of?' And I say, 'Simply, yes.'"

Last edited:
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
In A Preface to Christian Theology, John Mackay illustrates two kinds of interest in Christian things by picturing persons sitting on the high front balcony of a Spanish house watching travelers go by on the road below. The “balconeers” can overhear the travelers’ talk and chat with them; they may comment critically on the way that the travelers walk; or they may discuss questions about the road, how it can exist at all or lead anywhere, what might be seen from different points along it, and so forth; but they are onlookers, and their problems are theoretical only. The travelers, by contrast, face problems which (though they have their theoretical angle), are essentially practical—problems of the “which–way–to–go” and “how–to–make–it” type, problems which call not merely for comprehension, but for decision and action too.

Balconeers and travelers may think over the same area, yet their problems differ. Thus (for instance) in relation to evil, the balconeer’s problem is to find a theoretical explanation of how evil can consist with God’s sovereignty and goodness, but the traveler’s problem is how to master evil and bring good out of it. Or again, in relation to sin, the balconeer asks whether racial sinfulness and personal perversity are really credible, while the traveler, knowing sin from within, asks what hope there is of deliverance. Or take the problem of the Godhead; while the balconeer is asking how one God can conceivably be three, what sort of unity three could have, and how three who make one can be persons, the traveler wants to know how to show proper honor, love and trust toward the three Persons who are now together at work to bring him out of sin to glory. And so we might go on. ~Packer, J. I. (1973). Knowing God (electronic ed.). Downers Grove: InterVarsity.

Our discussions here are often excellent and informative (well, some of the time, at least), and I believe them important/vital to have, but maybe we need to begin to focus on living as "travelers" (rather than living principally as "balconeer" Christians). If we do, obeying Matthew 5:16's commandment will likely be the natural result, and I also believe that many of our seemingly insurmountable differences/divisions (that are emphasized in our discussions of the theoretical) would likely begin to fade away/be distilled down to those differences which are truly important to acknowledge and discuss. (just to be clear, I am not saying that some of our differences are not "important", or that they should ever be brushed under the carpet, especially for the sake of a "uniformity" that will never be achieved among us).

Yours and His,
David

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In A Preface to Christian Theology, John Mackay illustrates two kinds of interest in Christian things by picturing persons sitting on the high front balcony of a Spanish house watching travelers go by on the road below. The “balconeers” can overhear the travelers’ talk and chat with them; they may comment critically on the way that the travelers walk; or they may discuss questions about the road, how it can exist at all or lead anywhere, what might be seen from different points along it, and so forth; but they are onlookers, and their problems are theoretical only. The travelers, by contrast, face problems which (though they have their theoretical angle), are essentially practical—problems of the “which–way–to–go” and “how–to–make–it” type, problems which call not merely for comprehension, but for decision and action too.

Balconeers and travelers may think over the same area, yet their problems differ. Thus (for instance) in relation to evil, the balconeer’s problem is to find a theoretical explanation of how evil can consist with God’s sovereignty and goodness, but the traveler’s problem is how to master evil and bring good out of it. Or again, in relation to sin, the balconeer asks whether racial sinfulness and personal perversity are really credible, while the traveler, knowing sin from within, asks what hope there is of deliverance. Or take the problem of the Godhead; while the balconeer is asking how one God can conceivably be three, what sort of unity three could have, and how three who make one can be persons, the traveler wants to know how to show proper honor, love and trust toward the three Persons who are now together at work to bring him out of sin to glory. And so we might go on. ~Packer, J. I. (1973). Knowing God (electronic ed.). Downers Grove: InterVarsity.

Our discussions here are often excellent and informative (well, some of the time, at least), and I believe them important/vital to have, but maybe we need to begin to focus on living as "travelers" (rather than living principally as "balconeer" Christians). If we do, obeying Matthew 5:16's commandment will likely be the natural result, and I also believe that many of our seemingly insurmountable differences/divisions (that are emphasized in our discussions of the theoretical) would likely begin to fade away/be distilled down to those differences which are truly important to acknowledge and discuss. (just to be clear, I am not saying that some of our differences are not "important", or that they should ever be brushed under the carpet, especially for the sake of a "uniformity" that will never be achieved among us).

Yours and His,
David
You are really good with relevant metaphors! But as I said in my previous post, God's looking for Unification not uniformity, also I'm thinking of making that long quote of mine a Mission Statement, what do you think? Also I'm pretty sure that it was jingshenbianxi that was the one that mentioned uniformity. Although that gives me an Idea! If you guys do join the movement I just proposed we could use some cool uniforms. What do you all think?

"'Give me your honest opinion, do you think that guy is serious? I mean he says some awe inspiring stuff, but just like every else on the internet, he can't be serious, right?' 'I don't know, the way I see it, if a person lets God Almighty do all that talking through him or her, he or she has to have some merit, right?'"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

The vast majority of denominations has to do more with local autonomy than with differences in doctrine, which is not to say that there aren't differences in doctrine between denominations. While Paul certainly supported unity, there were also times when he instructed for people to be cut off from the community, so there is a balance between truth and unity that needs to be found. Someone who gives up unity for truth with will very lonely, while someone who gives up truth for unity will be very misled. There are some things we can disagree about that aren't important, but there also some things that are very important for everyone to be on the same page. However, pride is a source of disunity and I think this was the type of disunity that Paul was against.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The vast majority of denominations has to do more with local autonomy than with differences in doctrine, which is not to say that there aren't differences in doctrine between denominations. While Paul certainly supported unity, there were also times when he instructed for people to be cut off from the community, so there is a balance between truth and unity that needs to be found. Someone who gives up unity for truth with will very lonely, while someone who gives up truth for unity will be very misled. There are some things we can disagree about that aren't important, but there also some things that are very important for everyone to be on the same page. However, pride is a source of disunity and I think this was the type of disunity that Paul was against.
That is a very valid point, and a very true statement! But we can combine Unity and Truth, by simply living by every word the Holy Bible, God Almighty's Holy Word. Thanks for brining this up!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hey Coleton, I see that this is the Chat with Staff board. I'm not part of the staff, so I will back away from the conversation (and I'll remove my posts if you want me to as well).

Very sorry about that :(

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey Coleton, I see that this is the Chat with Staff board. I'm not part of the staff, so I will back away from the conversation (and I'll remove my posts if you want me to as well).

Very sorry about that :(
That's alright! You can keep your posts here. Have a nice day!

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0