• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I clearly have a demon problem

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe I do have the Holy Spirit because I can speak in tongues and I can feel His presence at times, also Jesus said in the Bible that He will be with us forever (John 14:16). But somehow there is also a demon oppressing me. Possibly due to a severe sin that I committed: lying to the Holy Spirit. I am thankful God didn't kill me like Ananias and Sapphira, but now I am stuck with this problem and not sure how I can get out of it.

How do I know? I was committed to a mental hospital against my will after attempting suicide twice in the same night last year (also a pretty bad sin). God miraculously saved me from death, as I did go through with the attempts. I drove a car into a light pole without a seatbelt on, but literally nothing happened to me. I could see myself flying around in the car but I felt nothing and had not a bump, bruise or scratch on me after. My Guardian Angel or God himself was protecting me.

During the 6 months or so I was at the mental hospital I thought I was communicating with God. This entity pretended to be the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. But after this ruse was revealed a month or so ago, it admitted to being a demon. I am still able to communicate with it just by thinking or talking.

What does it do?
- Injects all manner of blasphemous thoughts and various other bad thoughts into my mind
- Constantly tries to get me to blaspheme the Holy Spirit
- Constantly tries to get me to deny or reject Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit
- Constantly tempts me to sin in any way it thinks it can do that
- If I allow it, it can move my body parts, such as my head or arms
- It can read my thoughts, see through my eyes and hear through my ears
- Sometimes it pretends to go away, only to suddenly attack me again with bad thoughts
- It has its own personality, not just a malfunction in my brain like OCD

Doctors diagnosed me with paranoid schizophrenia. How do I know it's not that? Well because I don't hear voices, I don't see illusions, I am not paranoid, brain MRI revealed no abnormalities and I have tried several antipsychotic drugs, one of which almost killed me (shut down my immune system), and none have had any effect on these "symptoms" (mostly religious intrusive thoughts).

What works against it? Listening to the Bible (I prefer it over reading) and social interacting with other people (keeps my mind busy).

I am convinced psychiatry is a pseudoscience pushed by big pharma to sell drugs. All my doctors want to do is shove more drugs into me and they ignore me when I say they don't work, at all, and in fact are only harmful to me. Unfortunately in my country psychiatry is still supported by the government as a real science, and they can probably commit me to the mental hospital if I stop using their drugs.

So yeah, I am pretty convinced this is something supernatural and not treatable with just a cocktail of drugs. Not sure what to do about it.

Last edited:

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
1) I see you are in Finland. If you can find someone that does Deliverance Ministry/ Exorcism that would be best. But that may be much harder for you, than if you lived in the US or other countries.

2) Pray Continually. Your affliction could be used as a call to Prayer. What you described actually reminds me a little of some of the stuff from the Desert Fathers, who were the first Christian monks.

3) Their are some books by some Charismatics/Pentecostals that have helped me, but I got mixed feeling about them (don't like everything they say). But saying that you may benefit from reading up on "the Authority of the Believer" from Ken Hagin etc. e.g. resisting the Devil, temptation etc, in the name of Jesus etc.

4) Naturally you should try to repent of your sins etc.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe I do have the Holy Spirit because I can speak in tongues and I can feel His presence at times, also Jesus said in the Bible that He will be with us forever (John 14:16). But somehow there is also a demon oppressing me. Possibly due to a severe sin that I committed: lying to the Holy Spirit. I am thankful God didn't kill me like Ananias and Sapphira, but now I am stuck with this problem and not sure how I can get out of it.

How do I know? I was committed to a mental hospital against my will after attempting suicide twice in the same night last year (also a pretty bad sin). God miraculously saved me from death, as I did go through with the attempts. I drove a car into a light pole without a seatbelt on, but literally nothing happened to me. I could see myself flying around in the car but I felt nothing and had not a bump, bruise or scratch on me after. My Guardian Angel or God himself was protecting me.

During the 6 months or so I was at the mental hospital I thought I was communicating with God. This entity pretended to be the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. But after this ruse was revealed a month or so ago, it admitted to being a demon. I am still able to communicate with it just by thinking or talking.

What does it do?
- Injects all manner of blasphemous thoughts and various other bad thoughts into my mind
- Sometimes it pretends to go away, only to suddenly attack me again with bad thoughts

Doctors diagnosed me with paranoid schizophrenia. How do I know it's not that? Well because I don't hear voices, I don't see illusions, I am not paranoid, brain MRI revealed no abnormalities and I have tried several antipsychotic drugs, one of which almost killed me (shut down my immune system), and none have had any effect on these "symptoms" (mostly religious intrusive thoughts).

What works against it? Listening to the Bible (I prefer it over reading) and social interacting with other people (keeps my mind busy).

I am convinced psychiatry is a pseudoscience pushed by big pharma to sell drugs. All my doctors want to do is shove more drugs into me and they ignore me when I say they don't work, at all, and in fact are only harmful to me. Unfortunately in my country psychiatry is still supported by the government as a real science, and they can probably commit me to the mental hospital if I stop using their drugs.

So yeah, I am pretty convinced this is something supernatural and not treatable with just a cocktail of drugs. Not sure what to do about it.
If you don’t think this is a mental health issue, why are you posting in the obsessive compulsive disorder forum?

Upvote 0

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you don’t think this is a mental health issue, why are you posting in the obsessive compulsive disorder forum?
It has kind of become my home on this site. But I guess you are right. Not sure where I should post it though.

Upvote 0

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What exactly does the Holy Spirit feel like?
To me He feels like an energy filling my body. Often I can just ask God to fill me with His Holy Spirit, or I can feel Him filling me when I watch someone pray in the Spirit or receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit, or preach in the Spirit, or something similar.

Also when I pray and I begin to cry tears of joy or sorrow, I know that is Him comforting me as well because I myself am so emotionally numb I couldn't cry to save my own life.

Upvote 0

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Listening to the Bible (I prefer it over reading) and social interacting with other people (keeps my mind busy).

May God bless you, J. These are excellent ways to overcome Satan's power over you. Let me also add prayer. Pray that you will have the mind of Christ, and that when Satan taunts you, you can respond, "It is written". Pray that the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth as you listen to or read His word.

I want to throw out a couple of bible study ideas for you, not that these are the best ones. I can find many other resources for you if you like.

Market Street Fellowship - Christ-centered resources and live online meetings

Bible Studies

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

covergirl

Oct 4, 2014
✟20,816.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hey Job! You came to the right place! Please be extremely careful of these other demon videos as some are demonic in themselves. I actually have a great series on Self Deliverance from a popular person named Rabbi Schneider with Discovering The Jewish Jesus. He's a Messianic Jew who travels the world to evangelize about Jesus. He gives biblical teaching and insight here on Self Deliverance and how defeat these demonic forces and be completely free. Here is the YouTube link to the playlist with all 8 episodes. Check this out, you feel calm about it. He also addresses how to tell whether it's a sin issue or whether it's not us. Don't watch all at once just a couple episodes at a time. This will help you greatly. Self Deliverance Rabbi Schneider 8 episodes - YouTube

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What does it do?

I don't know much of anything about demons. But I do think it's possible for people to think they are under spiritual attack when it's actually just OCD. Just a possibility to keep in mind...

Upvote 0

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know much of anything about demons. But I do think it's possible for people to think they are under spiritual attack when it's actually just OCD. Just a possibility to keep in mind...
How can I communicate with it then? Not that I should but I can.

Upvote 0

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You mean, it talks back or are you arguing with intrusive thoughts?
It talks back through nodding (yes) or shaking (no) my head. I asked it "are you a demon?" it answered "yes". I asked it "do you hate me?" it answered "yes". I asked "do you want to destroy me?" it answered "yes".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ann77

Jun 30, 2020
California
✟25,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, I don't know if your fear is making urges for you to do those motions. It does sound worrisome, I don't blame you for being concerned. Do you have a church where you can go to in order to speak to a pastor about this?

Reactions: Mari17
Upvote 0

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I don't know if your fear is making urges for you to do those motions. It does sound worrisome, I don't blame you for being concerned. Do you have a church where you can go to in order to speak to a pastor about this?
I am not really afraid of it, it has come to a point where it is mainly annoying. For nearly 6 months it pretended to be God. I thought I was speaking with God, but this ruse was revealed some months ago. After that it switched to just constantly pushing blasphemous thoughts into my brain and trying to trick me into thinking or saying these things, to ruin my relationship with God.

But I do not believe any of these lies of the enemy, reject and rebuke them in Jesus name and have always repented after I accidentally thought the wrong thought or said something bad by mistake, I feel as if God has forgiven me. I know I am saved because I can still feel the Holy Spirit and He told me through speaking in tongues that I am a child of God and not under condemnation, and that I am in Christ.

I have told it to leave in the name of Jesus Christ but it just says "no". I don't know if it may have some legal rights to torment me based on previous sins of mine, and I do not know how to sort that out I have repented and asked for forgiveness.

My church is a baptist calvinist church and they do not really believe in these kind of things, so it's hard to talk to them about it. But there are a few sympathetic members who have listened to me and have experienced similar things, they were ex-new age members so they know more about the spirit realm.

Upvote 0

Ann77

Jun 30, 2020
California
✟25,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am not really afraid of it, it has come to a point where it is mainly annoying. For nearly 6 months it pretended to be God. I thought I was speaking with God, but this ruse was revealed some months ago. After that it switched to just constantly pushing blasphemous thoughts into my brain and trying to trick me into thinking or saying these things, to ruin my relationship with God.

But I do not believe any of these lies of the enemy, reject and rebuke them in Jesus name and have always repented after I accidentally thought the wrong thought or said something bad by mistake, I feel as if God has forgiven me. I know I am saved because I can still feel the Holy Spirit and He told me through speaking in tongues that I am a child of God and not under condemnation, and that I am in Christ.

I have told it to leave in the name of Jesus Christ but it just says "no". I don't know if it may have some legal rights to torment me based on previous sins of mine, and I do not know how to sort that out I have repented and asked for forgiveness.

My church is a baptist calvinist church and they do not really believe in these kind of things, so it's hard to talk to them about it. But there are a few sympathetic members who have listened to me and have experienced similar things, they were ex-new age members so they know more about the spirit realm.
I believe Christ has you because you are fighting for Him.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

My only experience with accidental "bad" or intrusive thoughts is due to OCD, so that's really the only thing I can talk knowledgeably about. In my opinion, intrusive thoughts are not sins in themselves, just products of our malfunctioning brains. The good thing is that we can get better as we implement the correct mental strategies.

Reactions: Ann77
Upvote 0