Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
After much prayer, I have become convinced that none of the women around me now are the right one for me. Instead, I have much peace when I consider that I may meet the right one over the summer. I have been single for years, steadily reconstructing my life around God since starting college, and still having a deep desire for a girlfriend/wife. (There is a lot of detail here that I won't go into, and I'm not entirely convinced that I'll have to wait 'till summer, or if she'll be there over the summer; just take this as a bit of background for the point of the bracelet I will describe.) This deep longing hurts; loneliness is hard to deal with, sometimes. I know I'm called to marriage, I know God's been preparing me for her (and surely her for me), I can intellectually see the point of what's going on, but emotionally I still hurt.

I found a bracelet last week; it was on the sidewalk by my church. I've been meaning to take it to lost & found there, but it never crosses my mind when I'm at church. So it's been in my coat pocket for awhile.

For some reason, this bracelet has re-ignited the old pain of having something that I want to give to my girlfriend, without having a girlfriend to give it to. What am I to do?

Today, I was spending a lot of time outside, in prayer for various reasons. I was standing by the Mary statue, where I left the bracelet a few nights ago, to let her figure out what to do with it.* I picked it up last night, still unsure, still feeling the pain. Sometimes prayer takes awhile; it gives us time to trust.

After spending awhile outside in prayer with Mary*, I came to realize something very good I could do with the bracelet. I would save it as a gift for my girlfriend, whenever we happen to meet; but until then, I would leave it in my pocket, and whoever I hold it & feel the sting of loneliness, I will remember that this time of waiting is an act of love for her. My patience will surely be a beautiful gift for her, and a powerful prayer, as well. The bracelet itself has no particular beauty; the story behind it will make it a meaningful gift. I'm not quite sure why I felt compelled to share all this, but I pray that this story will somehow reach out to every one of you, however God knows you need it most.

*This method is not idolatry, any more than leaving the bracelet with a friend or asking my mom for advice would be; Why turn to the saints when we have Jesus?

May God continue to bless us all, with patience & gratitude & meaningful preparation for all that God has planned!

Reactions: Grace2022

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,009,475.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Give it into the church as someone may know who it belongs too.

Plus, i dont think any woman would appreciate a 2nd hand bracelet being given to them which was found in the 'gutter' so to speak.

God bless you...

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi
What a beautiful posting. I think this is a wonderful idea. When you meet the right girl she will know this bracelet is special.
Loneliness is hard, we must go through periods of waiting in our lives. But you are never alone as you have God. Use the time fruitfully to grow as a christian.
If only all young men were like you, thoughtful, mature and full of hopes and dreams. You have such a good heart and i know one day the right girl will appear and you shall have happiness like you could not dream of! Why? Because you trust God to find her for you. Then you will make the best husband ever for that lucky girl.
God bless you.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Give it into the church as someone may know who it belongs too.

Plus, i dont think any woman would appreciate a 2nd hand bracelet being given to them which was found in the 'gutter' so to speak.

God bless you...
Just because it was on the sidewalk by the church doesn't mean it's from anyone in the church. And I've had it in my pocket whilst at Daily Mass or near the church, and I never notice that I have it. But when I'm wearing my coat & praying too far from the church (or when the church is closed) to be able to turn it in to lost & found, I'm very much aware of it & use it as prayers. I find that so interesting, I'm going to end this sentence with a dramatic ellipse...

In any case, the bracelet is remarkably clean, and even if I lose it or it's not so appreciated, the prayers will surely not go to waste.

May God continue to bless us all, through all that we find & all the strange things we do with our things!

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi
Something lost or thrown away can have meaning, be given a new purpose.
I like collecting books especially those discarded, even better, Bibles and prayer books. I regularly check charity shops and book exchange boxes such as the one at our local supermarkets. I have found many treasures, christian books, Bibles, prayer books. Many in good condition , very likely unwanted well meant presents. I give them new life by reading and treasuring them and benefiting from the wisdoms contained.

I have found brand new Bibles with personal notes written in the cover - given for a christening, baptism or wedding gift. It is sad they were not kept and appreciated so I read them or pass them on to others. Thus the Word of God is spread.

Upvote 0

jahel

returned to old acct
Nov 18, 2019
Vancouver
✟26,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
After much prayer, I have become convinced that none of the women around me now are the right one for me. Instead, I have much peace when I consider that I may meet the right one over the summer. I have been single for years, steadily reconstructing my life around God since starting college, and still having a deep desire for a girlfriend/wife. (There is a lot of detail here that I won't go into, and I'm not entirely convinced that I'll have to wait 'till summer, or if she'll be there over the summer; just take this as a bit of background for the point of the bracelet I will describe.) This deep longing hurts; loneliness is hard to deal with, sometimes. I know I'm called to marriage, I know God's been preparing me for her (and surely her for me), I can intellectually see the point of what's going on, but emotionally I still hurt.

I found a bracelet last week; it was on the sidewalk by my church. I've been meaning to take it to lost & found there, but it never crosses my mind when I'm at church. So it's been in my coat pocket for awhile.

For some reason, this bracelet has re-ignited the old pain of having something that I want to give to my girlfriend, without having a girlfriend to give it to. What am I to do?

Today, I was spending a lot of time outside, in prayer for various reasons. I was standing by the Mary statue, where I left the bracelet a few nights ago, to let her figure out what to do with it.* I picked it up last night, still unsure, still feeling the pain. Sometimes prayer takes awhile; it gives us time to trust.

After spending awhile outside in prayer with Mary*, I came to realize something very good I could do with the bracelet. I would save it as a gift for my girlfriend, whenever we happen to meet; but until then, I would leave it in my pocket, and whoever I hold it & feel the sting of loneliness, I will remember that this time of waiting is an act of love for her. My patience will surely be a beautiful gift for her, and a powerful prayer, as well. The bracelet itself has no particular beauty; the story behind it will make it a meaningful gift. I'm not quite sure why I felt compelled to share all this, but I pray that this story will somehow reach out to every one of you, however God knows you need it most.

*This method is not idolatry, any more than leaving the bracelet with a friend or asking my mom for advice would be; Why turn to the saints when we have Jesus?

May God continue to bless us all, with patience & gratitude & meaningful preparation for all that God has planned!
People have a built-in need for belonging, a safe place to come and go from, a place that nourishes yet affords one to expand to their full potential, a home shared with a special someone that wants the same for you as you do yourself, someone who can accept the same from you so that the safety factor and the growth factor is there for all. Someone who will maintain the basecamp for you while you soar to new heights and one to whom you can reciprocate the same.

I believe the only way to find that someone for you is to treat everyone of the opposite sex as either your parent or your sibling. By lifting everyone to that elevation you are displaying the qualities sought in others.

It’s when others are thought of as less (meat) that bad vibes permeate thru-out any initial reaction and spoil any chance to see the authentic of any person. Genuinely seeing others iow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I believe the only way to find that someone for you is to treat everyone of the opposite sex as either your parent or your sibling. By lifting everyone to that elevation you are displaying the qualities sought in others

It's interesting that you say this; I've found great help in trying to see women as my sister. That allows me to still seek their good as someone special to me, without having to worry about the implications of a romantic relationship with someone who might not be good for me. It's hard to put into words, but I hope this affirms what you said & helps others to do the same.

Also, the Song of Songs describes the beloved as "My sister, my bride.". Interesting...Jason Evert says that this is because of God wanting us to see women as a sister in humanity before all else. This view shows commonality, respect for her, and respect for her Father (our Father, actually!:oldthumbsup:).

Thanks for your thoughts & may God continue to bless us all!

Upvote 0

jahel

returned to old acct
Nov 18, 2019
Vancouver
✟26,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's interesting that you say this; I've found great help in trying to see women as my sister. That allows me to still seek their good as someone special to me, without having to worry about the implications of a romantic relationship with someone who might not be good for me. It's hard to put into words, but I hope this affirms what you said & helps others to do the same.
That’s exactly what Jesus exemplifies so it’s great that you can affirm that in your lifestyle. :amen:

Upvote 0