• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

I can't think of a good suject line at all for this....

Discussion in 'Daily Devotionals' started by Lizzi4Christ, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Lizzi4Christ

Lizzi4Christ I'm worth waiting for.

+116
    Baptist
    Engaged
    US-Others
    I think this would be the best place to post this...

I had a brilliant moment in the shower this morning (ah, the things that you think about there, lol). I constantly battle with my belief with God. I get discouraged very easily. i realized that my attitude lately has been "God please help me with this" and if nothing seems to happen, I begin wondering if God really exists. And that's stupid. It's like going to a parent and saying, "mom and dad, you won't... uh... you won't take me to the zoo, so I hate you". You wouldn't act like that with a parent. Those who do, are extreamly selfish. And i've been that way in God. But then I began thinking even more (uh oh). It says in Psalms 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." But God hasn't given me the desires of my heart. I've grown up with a dad who seems like he wants nothing to do with me and a mom who is disappointed with me because I refuse to change myself to be like her and who doesn't really love me, but the person she wants me to be. I hate the way I look. I've grown up being told that I'm ugly and no one could ever possibly love me. I've been made fun of the way I look, since I started school. To this day, people look at me and snicker or laugh and call out obscene names. I had very few friends till highschool, and a majority of them are convinence friends.. "I'll talk to her when i feel like it". I've been depressed for the past 4 years, and often think about suicide. This is the desire of my heart?? Yes, it is. I like to help people. When they're hurting I like to help them, to be there for them. I always have. A few months ago, I realized I want to go into counseling. I can help so many people. And I can relate to many of them. What a better way to help, then to tell them that I've been through it, that I do know what they're feeling? God's been preparing me all along. Since the beginning of my life, He's been preparing me. What an awesome thought.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. hollygirl

hollygirl <marquee behavior=scroll direction=left scr

+6
    Christian
    Married
    Good thought Lizzi! You're right. I also believe that God is prepring you for a special place He has for you in His plan.
    I totally understand where you are comming from. I was much the same when I was younger. God has totally blessed my life for being faithful in sticking with Him even when I felt totally betrayed and alone. He is beginning to use some of the negative things that happened in my life for a positive influence in other things and other people. I will pray for you sister in Christ. Fight the good fight!

3. Blessed-one

Blessed-one a long journey ahead

+171
    Protestant
    Single
    thank you Lord for bring Lizzi to full maturity, for being with her and help her to build up endurance and this gift of counseling!