Aug 23, 2007
✟775,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm not asking for advice but I'm really, really down, the downest I've been in awhile.

All I want to say right now is that certain feelings of suicidal ideation are coming back for a certain reason. I realize that since the age of 25 I kept hoping I would be able to stand up to my dad and do my own thing and now I'm 39, pushing 40 soon, and realized I was never able to do this, and I also realized that this has caused my life to be empty in a way that is not reversible because of my age. I almost can't take it. It's easy to say, just stand up to your parents - - it's not so easy to do. Maybe in the West it is, but parents from the East are different. And that's why I'm here in this position today, with nothing to show for my life. (husband, child, etc.) The damage can't be undone.

You may ask why I am writing this in this forum, well it's completely relevant, I could have started RCIA literally a decade ago were it not for this.

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,582,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not asking for advice but I'm really, really down, the downest I've been in awhile.

All I want to say right now is that certain feelings of suicidal ideation are coming back for a certain reason. I realize that since the age of 25 I kept hoping I would be able to stand up to my dad and do my own thing and now I'm 39, pushing 40 soon, and realized I was never able to do this, and I also realized that this has caused my life to be empty in a way that is not reversible because of my age. I almost can't take it. It's easy to say, just stand up to your parents - - it's not so easy to do. Maybe in the West it is, but parents from the East are different. And that's why I'm here in this position today, with nothing to show for my life. (husband, child, etc.) The damage can't be undone.

You may ask why I am writing this in this forum, well it's completely relevant, I could have started RCIA literally a decade ago were it not for this.
**hugs** Feel free to vent all you need to here Lady Bug.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,288,370.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
We all have good ears that hear and mouths that can stay shut .

Let it all out LadyBug - we are here for you

Lots of these :crosseo: and lots of these :hug:

Upvote 0

Robin Mauro

Sep 11, 2018
North San Juan
✟27,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

All things are possible with God.
And the details of our lives ultimately don't matter. What matters is believing in Jesus.
Get your mind on Him. And believe all things work to the good of those who love him, even things that seem so wrong. One day we will see how He worked it all out for a higher good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green

It takes some courage, Lady Bug, to let your deep feelings be known, even here in the privacy of the forums. God bless you!

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟775,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for replying everyone. I didn't address everyone individually, although I would have liked to. I can't describe the feeling I have in my head every day, this pressure, almost. When I leave the house, I always hope to God that it isn't my last night, because I'm not in a state of grace. I'm always worried something will happen and I hope that I get home safe.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Thank you for replying everyone. I didn't address everyone individually, although I would have liked to. I can't describe the feeling I have in my head every day, this pressure, almost. When I leave the house, I always hope to God that it isn't my last night, because I'm not in a state of grace. I'm always worried something will happen and I hope that I get home safe.
Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly, at least according to Chesterton. You aren't alone in your struggles. I've been there, returned to there, and will probably make a few more visits there. Worst part is getting there without being very aware that was where I was headed or when I arrived. Hang in there. Without God who loves us we would be in much bigger messes.

Upvote 0

KimmyO

Feb 28, 2018
VA
✟20,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm so sorry, I know it must be even harder in the East with the culture there. I am praying for you, and hope the Lord will change the dynamics. As long as there is breath, there is hope. There is actually relief in finding the humor in things you can't change and laughing at it all. Acceptance of some things is good, and persistence to change those things you can is good too. Even your reaction to the things your father does, if it changes, can make a change in how he responds. If you always react as you have in past, he will always react same and it is a deep rut, hard to get out of. But if you change how you react, either by laughing at it all without disrespect, but at the craziness of his wanting to control you still, it might change how he sees it. It is probably how he was raised and he knows no different. Sympathy to him in this might help too. I know you aren't asking for advice, but here I am giving it. Lol. The Lord bless you and give you peace, and assurance to move if needed. <3 Another thing, magnesium will give much calmness to your mind body and soul, and to his. Also, ginseng is great to get rid of those sticky negative thoughts, but then you might already know this, living in the East. <3
You may ask why I am writing this in this forum, well it's completely relevant, I could have started RCIA literally a decade ago were it not for this.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lady Bug, the prayer on my profile may help you. It's by Padre Pio.

Stay with me, Lord - Padre Pio Devotions

There is one line in particular that says;

Stay with me, Lord, because at the hour of my death, I want to remain united to You, if not by communion, at least by grace and love.

This gives me a lot of hope. I am outside of the Church, too. I have thoughts similar to yours, as well. But what encourages me is that throughout the history of the Church, there have been times when, for isolated communities, the Sacraments, holy orders, priests, Mass, and ongoing education in the Faith has been unavailable. These isolated Christians did the best they could, with what they had.

God loved them, cared for them, and brought them through. He'll bring the rest of us through, too.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟775,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Lady Bug, the prayer on my profile may help you. It's by Padre Pio.

Stay with me, Lord - Padre Pio Devotions

There is one line in particular that says;

Stay with me, Lord, because at the hour of my death, I want to remain united to You, if not by communion, at least by grace and love.

This gives me a lot of hope. I am outside of the Church, too. I have thoughts similar to yours, as well. But what encourages me is that throughout the history of the Church, there have been times when, for isolated communities, the Sacraments, holy orders, priests, Mass, and ongoing education in the Faith has been unavailable. These isolated Christians did the best they could, with what they had.

God loved them, cared for them, and brought them through. He'll bring the rest of us through, too.
Wow I really like that prayer, thank you so much for sharing :)

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0