• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I Can't stop masterbating.

Barnabas2

Aug 31, 2019
Suffolk
✟9,549.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I Have a sexual addiction iv been trying to quit touching yourself but it isn't really working i get around 5 days then i want to do it again and again over and over. Please pray for me and if you have anything that could help me please post them.
Hi Jags! Let me point you to a promise/statement from the Lord Jesus in Luke 10:19. I give you power over all the power of the enemy etc. There is NO power too great for you to conquer and overcome in Jesus. You have received that power. It is the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. God lives in you by His Spirit. There is nothing too hard for Him. You must acknowledge that power, claim it and use it in your daily life. Do what Jesus did. When He was tempted He quoted scripture to the devil and said "get behind me Satan". In James 4:7 it says, "Submit to God, resist the devil and HE WILL FLEE FROM YOU." That is a wonderful promise. Make sure you are wholeheartedly in submission to God then, claim it, prove it, trust the Lord. God keeps every promise He makes. Now you are in Christ, don't let Satan intimidate you. Enjoy the victory Jesus won for you at Calvary. I know it is a battle but we are on the winning side remember. If for any reason you should slip, without hesitation turn to 1 John 1:9 and do it. (This promise cannot be used as an excuse to continue to sin of course. You realise that I am sure). God bless you Jags!

How's it going brother? Are you living in the victory still? (Sunday 1st

Last edited:
Upvote 0