• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I cant remember

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My ocd was giving me thoughts without my will, yesterday. Some random thoughts without my will came to my mind about eating a certain food ordered from a delivery shop. I knew they were thoughts without my will but I was so anxious about it.

I was planning to throw away my food when ocd suggested without my will like OCD: Make a promise not to throw it away and to eat it so you can no longer worry. and maybe ask for a punishment in case breaking it.

I was able to ignore ocd and eat the food like I wanted. The food came with a plastic bag and wrapped in paper. And ocd goes like

OCD: What are you doing? Remember some thoughts made without your will about not throwing it away? remember thoughts made without your will not to throw away the food and eat it? maybe that counted also for the bag and the papers that came along. maybe you accepted the thoughts without your will about a promise and maybe a punishment.

I want to throw away the bag and the papers since they are rubbish but ocd is not letting me. The problem is I can't remember the thoughts without my will if I rejected them or ignored them. I remember the thoughts without my will happening for a second but I do not know what I did next.

My ocd goes like Ocd: you cant remember? maybe you were so frustrated that the thoughts without your will were accepted by you for a second.

I can't remember! I remember for a second my ocd suggesting me with thoughts without my will to promise not to throw away my food. I cant remember. I think I rejected the thoughts without my will

Now I worry a lot to throw away the rubbish bag.