• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I can't handle wet dreams. But I want to avoid inappropriate content.

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Some people see wet dreams as something that only happens in teenage years but I can say, if you don't get married and aren't sexually active and aren't masturbating, well, your body feels a need to get rid of old sperm whether you want to or not.
It's been the compelling thing for me to drive me to touch (which although the bible does not specify is a sin itself, the connected lustful thoughts and viewing inappropriate content are). Because the dreams are often more embarrassing than just viewing inappropriate content and relieving yourself once a week or so. Half the time they're not even sexual in nature and just involve really embarrassing situations. It's also a mess, as Deuteronomy 23:10 even mentions, you're "unclean" when it happens. I hate having to wake up in the middle of the night, start a load of laundry and take a shower then TRY to get back to sleep feeling ashamed and embarrassed and "unclean".
Sorry to say folks but prayer and reading my bible haven't made my body just, not need to get rid of old sperm. I abstain for 2 weeks or so.. I have a wet dream. It always makes me think I'd rather just take care of it on my own terms where at least the cleanup is easier, and if I'm going to have lustful thoughts at least I can direct them myself rather than dream about something humiliating.
It's just a constant cycle of sin, guilt, try to repent, wet dream, shame and frustration that goes back to sin.

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
First of all, there is no need to feel guilty since this is, apparently, a situation you are not choosing to do.
This may be a physical problem that requires a medical consultation with a professional.
Well regardless of choice in the matter it's still embarrassing. There's just no way to shower and start laundry at 3am and not be embarrassed.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paul Byerly of the marriagebed [dot] com, which is a Christian website for marriage and sexual issues, claims research shows only 40% of men ever have wet dreams; and they usually have them whether they touch or have regular sex or not.

The rest of us, as he describes, have the dreams but wake up just before the “wet” part. And that leaves you in a very precarious position. Even breathing can push you over the edge.

Yes, the body fills up with sperm and it needs to be eliminated, not unlike urine or feces. No reason to be embarrassed by that fact. Is having to urinate embarrassing?

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,005,174.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Some people see wet dreams as something that only happens in teenage years but I can say, if you don't get married and aren't sexually active and aren't masturbating, well, your body feels a need to get rid of old sperm whether you want to or not.
It's been the compelling thing for me to drive me to touch (which although the bible does not specify is a sin itself, the connected lustful thoughts and viewing inappropriate content are). Because the dreams are often more embarrassing than just viewing inappropriate content and relieving yourself once a week or so. Half the time they're not even sexual in nature and just involve really embarrassing situations. It's also a mess, as Deuteronomy 23:10 even mentions, you're "unclean" when it happens. I hate having to wake up in the middle of the night, start a load of laundry and take a shower then TRY to get back to sleep feeling ashamed and embarrassed and "unclean".
Sorry to say folks but prayer and reading my bible haven't made my body just, not need to get rid of old sperm. I abstain for 2 weeks or so.. I have a wet dream. It always makes me think I'd rather just take care of it on my own terms where at least the cleanup is easier, and if I'm going to have lustful thoughts at least I can direct them myself rather than dream about something humiliating.
It's just a constant cycle of sin, guilt, try to repent, wet dream, shame and frustration that goes back to sin.

You seem to automatically assume that inappropriate content and masturbating are necessarily linked. May I ask why?

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Paul Byerly of the marriagebed [dot] com, which is a Christian website for marriage and sexual issues, claims research shows only 40% of men ever have wet dreams; and they usually have them whether they touch or have regular sex or not.

The rest of us, as he describes, have the dreams but wake up just before the “wet” part. And that leaves you in a very precarious position. Even breathing can push you over the edge.

Yes, the body fills up with sperm and it needs to be eliminated, not unlike urine or feces. No reason to be embarrassed by that fact. Is having to urinate embarrassing?

Masturbating prevents it from happening in my experience, it's abstaining is where I start having them again. The difference between embarrassment over this vs urinating is that I'm not wetting my bed. If I was bedwetting of course I'd be embarrassed.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You seem to automatically assume that inappropriate content and masturbating are necessarily linked. May I ask why?
inappropriate content, or even just lustful thoughts, either way, I don't know if you can keep it up, without some sort of lustful stimulation of some sort. I've heard from pastors on this issue that if you're in a married relationship but away on business, or deployed in the military, and you've discussed this with your spouse. it would be okay to have uh.. naughty pictures of your spouse.
But for a single guy... not an option.

Upvote 0