• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The arrogant apperance of the title was just an attention grabber. I desperately need help. I want to ask people not to answer this thread unless they know their bible doctrines. Saying, "well God is love and He wouldn't do that," will not help me.

I grew up in a Christian home and was always told that I had a call of God on my life. In my teenage years, I turned from God and became "atheist."
A football coach offered to lead me to the Lord, I declined. Circumstances caused by God led me to accepting Christ as savior with him. Christ was not Lord at that point, however.

2 years later, God calls me to bible college. There, I learn bible theology, as well as how to minister through the Holy Spirit, and to be used as a vessel to proclaim His mighty name. Demons manifested, people persecuted me, people were supernaturally healed, and I saw many, many miracles when I obeyed the Holy Ghost.

I never truly sought the Lord. It was never truly about Him. I wanted to marry a girl that went there with me. I was serving God to be with her. In the end, she married somebody else.

I cursed God. I said something to the extent of, "God, Jesus, Holy Spirit.. I am done with you. I will never return to Christianity again."

After that I did not backslide. Instead, I began wilfully sinning as much as I possibly could with the specific intent of silencing the Holy Ghost's voice. He would still grieve me after I denounced Him, but He eventually stopped.

I have slept with 30 women since then. I have become more Godless than I ever was prior to being saved. I am tormented day and night. I know very well that I am going to hell. I try to return to repentance.. but cannot find it in me. I cannot feel sorrow for my sin.

I have studied Hebrews 6 probably more than anybody alive. I fully understand the context of Jewish believers returning to sacraments. I understand the Calvanist and Armenian viewpoints. I have propbably.. without exaggeration spent 100 hours studying this scripture alone.

The conclusion I have come to is this: it means either one of two things:
1. If someone is involved in the things of God as I was, and turns away completely (not backslide), then it is impossible for them, no matter what, to ever be in their original state, saved, whatever you want to call it; again. God will forgive them, but their heart cannot possibly be changed because it is impossible for them to choose it, due to their prior exposal to the things of God.

2. It means that if someone falls away as i described above, YOU, or any other man can not lead them back to the way of Truth. But they can choose it, or God will lead them. In other words, "if someone is engulfed in the fullness of the things of God, and falls away completely.. you cannot convince them to repent, because they are recrucifying Jesus as far as they are concerned. "

I truly don't know which one is true. I'm finding the first one to be true for the last year.. but I might be prematurely judging Gods sovereign plan.

You can either stop reading here, or keep reading to see where things get ten times crazier... all responses are appreciated.

I got in a motorcycle accident that nearly killed me 6 months after going apostate, my life was spared. I believe to have mightily felt God's presence in the brain rehabilitation center.. the VERY THOUGHT of God would make me feel His presence and begin to weep uncontrollably. I had an opportunity there, but I decided, during that, to return to the world again.

That led to me eventually meeting a girl.. the way we met, our connection, was unreal.. unlike anything I've encountered in my life. We met through circumstances that would make anyone that didn't know better believe that God put us together.. however, I know what the voice of Jesus feels like. Satan orchestrated her and I meeting.

We were in a hotel room our first week together, and while she was in the shower, I had a vision. I saw myself, and her. She was distracting me and hell was beneath us. I saw a black hand come from hell and pull me into it while being distracted. Well, a year later, we broke up. So i shrugged that vision off.

6 months later, we're back in eachothers lives, again, due to supernatural coincidences. My spirit was eating at me, saying somethings wrong. So i cried out to Jesus harder than I ever have saying. "Jesus, if being with her is going to take me to hell, at least make it so that I know it without a doubt." I was screaming at top of my lungs in tears when i prayed that.

I woke up to a text message from my most radical christian friend.. that knows nothing about me. The message said this:
"
I felt God told me to anoint myself with oil and then to sit down and listen. I did so, and immediately I heard the word "friend". I continued to listen and set my heart upon Him, when I began to see a vision. It was you, walking behind a girl. I couldn't see her face at first, but only her back. She wore a long dress that followed behind her. She seemed to be young and beautiful. Delicacies like candy and color objects followed close to her.

I saw you and it seemed you were drawn to her, as if you wanted to be with her. You were attracted to her and had a desire to engage with her. You got close and even tried to touch her dress and even smell it; it seemed you would even taste it if you could.

The girl continued to walk with her back to me until I came closer to her front. I then saw her face and it looked like that of a living corpse, even a hideous insect. There was obvious evil and wickedness about her. She then turned to you and grabbed you and killed you in front of me. She left the scene and all I saw was your grave.

I was then taken to another vision in which I saw you with God. In this scene you had refused the woman and were drawn to the Lord. He showed you creation and brought you through mountains and valleys. You were both friends. He brought you before many people and you proclaimed the message of salvation to them. You were enraptured by Him and He with you.

In this scene I have just mentioned, you were consumed with love for God and it did not matter that you were single. Marriage was not even on your mind. You were fulfilled in your relationship with Jesus Christ. "

I called her and told her I was done with her. The pain was overwhelming. I felt such an assurance from the Holy Spirit after making that decision. But the pain was too great. I began pleading with God to let me marry her. I felt, after a couple nights, as if God said, "I will allow you to marry her, without it taking you to hell. But you will never accomplish the plan I have for you."

TO FINALLY SUM IT ALL UP: I am wondering if these struggles of me just being able to not turn to God, no matter how deep in darkness I fall, is described in Hebrews 6.

Is there anybody who feels that can offer something? Personal experience? A passage in the bible I may have missed? Insight? Anything?
God bless you all.
Dear Curtis,
Are you gripped with fear over what is said in Hebrew 6 ?

Consider what apostle John have told us :
By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as He is so also are we in this world. -1 John 4:17
There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. -1 John 4:18

Dear Curtis, you should consider how great God loves for you that He rescued from a motorcycle accident. Did not He allow you to sense His presence then? Is not His presence awesome love for you ?

I understand your concern about the woman that you like that you fell over head and heel over her. But you should consider His father love for you. Where do our Heavenly Father speak ? Meditate Proverbs chapter 1-9. Did not He not call you, son ?

If you could love a woman at first sight like that, you should consider that you give that first love to Christ rather than a woman.

Yes, we were born of a woman but we also have been born of God.

Meditate why David spoke like this :
Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise You. -Psalms 63:3

Then you will understand why He calls you to come to the water.

• Prayers
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Brandi H

Feb 1, 2022
Springfield
✟8,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The only sin that is unforgivable is the unpardonable sin which is not this ! If you read the bible it clearly states this , and even if that was to happen ..God forgave Paul who done this because he did it in ignorance , He is just to forgive all manner of sin and if you say you hear the holy spirit , that's god still speaking to you so he cares enough to turn you around . God will also chastitize and rebuke people he loves like a parent. To try to show you the right way . When god stops doing that then I'd be worried. If you care your u still have a relationship with him. Have you renounced your faith completely and completely been done not caring ? Not accepting him? You keep saying that every once in a while he'll speak and you'll answer ,so you never did that . Your human and your holding yourself to a higher demand then you can obtain like the rest of us who fail god , get angry , all that. He deserves better but we treat him like human we're all guilty of that. You just need to stop beating yourself up and accept and believe your loved and forgiven if not your making yourself miserable. We are going to sin! That's why god gave us Jesus because we can't help but do it .. JESUS DID , bore our sins and all of our condemnation so you didn't have to .. Each time it pops in your head tell yourself I forgive myself and devil get behind me !

Upvote 0
Jan 23, 2022
Auckland
✟17,877.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know what you are saying - I am in the same "place" as you are. I know for a fact that sexual sin (my case) is the worst kind, since it affects the body and the soul, but I do it anyway, because of massive depression and suicidal tendencies and any other excuses. Burning in Hell for an eternity seems to me like the ultimate punishment I could possibly bring upon myself.
After all, would I sin like this had I been saved at all?

But God... But God, who is infinitely merciful and gracious, who knew us before the foundation of the world and predestined us to be His sons and daughters, He doesn't let go.

I know that what I am saying is idiotic and senseless. Why on earth would I sin purposefully to offend Him, who loves me so much? There were agreements I made with the enemy that cannot be broken now.
Like you, I cannot experience repentance anymore. I can go down my knees to confess and ask for forgiveness, but the brokenness of heart is gone.
Repentance is God given. And He took it away. Why? I don't know. Maybe He wants to let me reach the deepest pit I could possibly dig myself into. I don't know.
I know that I make a mockery of His holiness and justice, as if I dared Him to do something about it - another idiotic concept.

I was told by a counsellor (who didn't work out) that I wouldn't have been there talking to him if I hadn't wanted healing. Instead, I would've sinned gladly.
Rubbish! I don't know anymore.

All I can do is ask you not to give up. Don't give up on yourself, that is, for God will never give up on you.
But it's idiotic to even state this, when I myself nearly gave up on Him.

Upvote 0