Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
They've made a movie of the background to the famous song. It's about an estranged father and son reconciling.

Actor Dennis Quaid and country singer Trace Adkins are set to appear in the film according to Deadline.

The upcoming faith-based flick is about the story behind MercyMe's 1999 hit song, "I Can Only Imagine." It was written by their lead singer, Bart Millard, and became the first Christian song to go platinum. In 2014, it was certified 2X platinum.

"No one knows the story behind it, and how this song that really touched the world came to be," said writer and co-director, Jon Erwin.

According to Andrew Erwin, Jon's brother and fellow director, the movie tells a "very interesting, complex father-son story."

"It's all about the redemption quality of the whole thing," said Millard himself. "It's the fact that if the gospel can change that dude, it can change anybody."
Full story and short video: Two Big Distributors Acquire Faith-Based Film, 'I Can Only Imagine'

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi paul,

You quote the co-director:
"No one knows the story behind it, and how this song that really touched the world came to be," said writer and co-director, Jon Erwin.

I'm not sure that's a true statement. I've heard the testimony of Bart Millard and he's pretty clear about how and why he wrote the song. Song Story: "I Can Only Imagine"

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0