I can have sex with the pastor's wife and still go to heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rom. 7:7 What shall we say then? [Is] the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
It is not that the law is not binding but that we are not under the comdemnation of the law. We have forgiveness and the power to live in righteousness but that does not mean that we can not transgress.
john 1:2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
If you are going to maintain your position it will mean that this verse does not apply.
The law points us to Christ for all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. There is not one man on earth that has not broken the law.. This is why we need a redeemer. If He remembers our sins no more then what can the law do for those who are in Christ Jesus? For the law was not made for the righteous but for the unrighteous.. Can and do we still sin? Everytime we know to do good and do not do it then you bet we do. This is why we can go to the Father and ask for His forgiveness and be cleansed from all of our unrighteousness. If we say we have no sin then we lie. For our mortal beings are wrapped up in sin. It dwells with in us and this is why we are to walk in the Spirit and put to death the deads of the flesh.. For out of our hearts flow evil thoughts and it is The Spirit that puts these deeds and thoughts to death.. Following after the law won't do it for us now nor did it do it for them to whom the law was given. The covenant was broken as we read in Scripture even though God was their husbandman.. Now we are the bride of Christ.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 cor.3;3
3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

It is not abolished just written on our hearts.

This is what it is speaking of

Jerm 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, thatI will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah

And what is it not according to?

Jerm 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD

Jerm 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

1John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

The blood of the everlasting covenant

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Ezek 36:26 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Zech 8:16 These are the things that ye shall do; Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbour; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates

Zech 7:9 Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and shew mercy and compassions every man to his brother:

Luke 6:36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Its not of the letter but of the Spirit:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Elder, notice he said MY covenant which they BRAKE though I was an HUSBAND to them? And that the NEW covenant was not according to the one of Egypt?

Then this makes more sense...

Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

"behold, I was dead and am alive for ever more"

Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The ten Commandments do not negate faith or grace they all work together.

no they dont.

12 But the law is not of faith, rather “The one who does them shall live by them.”

18 For if the inheritance comes by the law, it no longer comes by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise.

13 For the promise to Abraham and his offspring that he would be heir of the world did not come through the law but through the righteousness of faith.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Wait a minute. Is it not satan that tempts us to sin? We have now reach the point where God is the tempter by His own Law? Do you see how dangerous this is? The ten commandments encourages sin?

ok..here we go again..the law came to show sin,then we are to give up,hence the law did it's job,then we are free.

56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.

20 Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more

5 For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death.

8 But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now you are refusing to hear the word of the lord. Why? The quotes say new but what is new? Not an abolished law for they say the law is written on the heart, it says that clearly. How can you have it written on the heart and still have it abolished? Now can you stand in the present of God at His atler and tell Him that His law that is written on our hearts are abolished?

Here Elder

Ephes 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Jerm 31:33 Butthis shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

2Cr 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Upvote 0

angelmom01

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2006
✟50,359.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is not the ten commandments that are written on our hearts. Keeping "the letter" of law will not fulfill THE SPIRIT of the law - that is fulfilled BY LOVE.

One can keep "the letter" of the law (the law of Moses) and still be in violation of THE LAW OF GOD (the spirit of the law).

It's no longer about 'the act' of adultery but about the lust in ones hearts. It's no longer about 'the act' of killing but about the hate in ones heart. But he who LOVES God and LOVES his neighbor as himself is not going to hate his neighbor or lust after his wife. That is why LOVE Is the fulfillment of the law.

1Co 13:4-8Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Mat 22:36-40 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Therefore (to address the question presented), a man who has sex with his pastor's wife is in violation of the law of God. Whether or not he can "go to heaven" is an entirely different matter, as I assume that he can have a change of heart and repent, no? ;)

I also know that love covers a multitude of sins. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

angelmom01

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2006
✟50,359.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Zech 7:9 Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and shew mercy and compassions every man to his brother:

LOVE IT!!! :amen:

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not the ten commandments that are written on our hearts. Keeping "the letter" of law will not fulfill THE SPIRIT of the law - that is fulfilled BY LOVE.

One can keep "the letter" of the law (the law of Moses) and still be in violation of THE LAW OF GOD (the spirit of the law).

It's no longer about 'the act' of adultery but about the lust in ones hearts. It's no longer about 'the act' of killing but about the hate in ones heart. But he who LOVES God and LOVES his neighbor as himself is not going to hate his neighbor or lust after his wife. That is why LOVE Is the fulfillment of the law.

1Co 13:4-8Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Mat 22:36-40 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Therefore (to address the question presented), a man who has sex with his pastor's wife is in violation of the law of God. Whether or not he can "go to heaven" is an entirely different matter, as I assume that he can have a change of heart and repent, no? ;)

Amen sis! :amen:

TWO STONES like unto the first, ON THESE TWO hand ALL the law and the prophets :thumbsup: The Spirit not the letter

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Here Elder

Ephes 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Jerm 31:33 Butthis shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

2Cr 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

:wave::wave::thumbsup::thumbsup: one for each of ya

Upvote 0

:clap:

Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
where there is summer all year and sea all around
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is what it is speaking of

Jerm 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, thatI will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah

And what is it not according to?

Jerm 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD

Jerm 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel;After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

1John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

The blood of the everlasting covenant

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Ezek 36:26 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Zech 8:16 These are the things that ye shall do; Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbour; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates

Letter or Spirit it is still the law as you quotations identify.

Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Elder, notice he said MY covenant which they BRAKE though I was an HUSBAND to them? And that the NEW covenant was not according to the one of Egypt?

Then this makes more sense...

Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

"behold, I was dead and am alive for ever more"

Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.
The blood of sheep and goats but that was abolished because Jesus is the new Sacrifice

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
no they dont.

12 But the law is not of faith, rather “The one who does them shall live by them.”

18 For if the inheritance comes by the law, it no longer comes by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise.

13 For the promise to Abraham and his offspring that he would be heir of the world did not come through the law but through the righteousness of faith.
A righteous man live by the law as he is move or motivated by the Holy Spirit. Far instance, he would not drive at 80 on a 60 mph road. Does that mean that the 60 mph limit does not exist? The Same with the Ten commandment, the righteous abide with in it rules and guidelines, God does not remove them He gives the power to live by them. Your qoute does not refer to the ten commandments but to the other 613 that the Jews felt there must do to gain salvation. I am not talking about earning salvation for it can not be eraned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The colour Blue: what does it mean. Num. 15

37And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
38Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue:
39And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the LORD, and do them ; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring: 40That ye may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your God.

Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those who are against the Lord in the last days do not have his Commandments. As a matter of fact he identifies His Poeple By the Commandments. REv. 12:
17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
B

bbbbbbb

The colour Blue: what does it mean. Num. 15

37And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
38Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue:
39And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the LORD, and do them ; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring: 40That ye may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your God.

Blue
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue blue to the seventh power. bbbbbbb :)

Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the characteristics of the he who blasphemes against God is that he thinks to change times and laws. Dan 7; 25And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. What law speaks of time more than the Fouth. for even as we speak of the Ten commandments being abolished we do not believe that a Christian may Steal, have any other god, commit adultery, dishonor parents, or any other. The one that gets us is the Sabbath. Who will be honest?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.