• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I can’t handle living in corona time anymore

123flower

Apr 22, 2012
✟25,520.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I’m so scared of getting corona. I keep washing my hands so often that my hands are dry and have little bloody cuts. So this morning I had bleeding cuts on my hand so I decided not to wash my hands directly after going to the bathroom because it hurted. I thought I will wash it later so they can rest a bit. I know gross, but my hands were hurting. Then I accidentally touched my tooth with my finger. Now I’m scared of getting corona, because I’ve touch my mouth with unwashed hands. These kinds of situation happened to me all the time. Always touching my face accidentally and realised I haven’t washed my hands. I really hate living in this time and feel hopeless. And my OCD and anxiety disorder makes it worse. Will I have corona now? I’m so scared!

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Meditate on the word of God on a regular basis. He has promised to protect us, He will never fail to deliver. You should also try and envision Christ at your side. You'll be fine, if you trust in the Lord. Our God is too big....

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And my OCD and anxiety disorder makes it worse. Will I have corona now? I’m so scared!

Your probability of getting corona is pretty low if you are taking basic precautions;
In order for it to raise to 100% you would pretty much have to disregard all precautions AND deliberately attempt to get it. Consider a normal flu season - not everyone gets the flu; and this is not a normal time - many people are wearing masks and performing additional sanitization.

Here is my suggestion:

#1) I want you to wear a mask when you go out and wash your hands once before you go out and once when you get back, and in general follow the basic instructions of authorities. To calm your nerves though and reduce your excess hand washing, do the following:

#2) I want you to take two bags and in each bag, put 100 pennies.
In the first bag, I want you mark 5 of the pennies with a "?" using a magic marker
In the second bag, I also want you mark 5 of the pennies with a "?" using a magic marker
Shake both of the bags up good after you mark the pennies.

The first bag is roughly the chance that you will be exposed if you are out and about, not deliberately doing anything silly (handing around in a bar drinking and laughing for example) but wearing a mask and doing what you need to do.

The second bag is roughly the chance that if you are exposed and catch it, you will need to see a doctor to help you get over it (most people if they catch it don't realize they got it and get over it just fine, or feel it as a mild cold or a bad flu, but they get over it and don't need help and aren't in danger).

Every day the first time you are feeling extra nervous or compelled to excess wash, I want you to do the following. Do it only once per day, don't do the below more than once per day. It is to help you know how your day will be and to give you perspective on both God's grace and the reality of the situation.
====

Shake the first bag and draw one penny from the first bag
If there is not a "?" on the penny, feel nice and easy and relax - do nothing extra.
Give thanks to God that you are feeling just fine and for taking care of you and put the penny back into the bag.

If (and only if) there is a "?" on the penny, shake the second bag and draw one penny from the second bag. If there is not a "?" on the second penny, feel nice and easy and relax - do nothing extra.
Give double thanks to God that you are feeling just fine and for taking care of you and put both the pennies back into their bags.

If there is a "?" on both pennies, give great praise to God that you are feeling just fine.
Take both the pennies that had "?" on them and throw them away :)

That's just my two cents worth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I’m so scared of getting corona. I keep washing my hands so often that my hands are dry and have little bloody cuts. So this morning I had bleeding cuts on my hand so I decided not to wash my hands directly after going to the bathroom because it hurted. I thought I will wash it later so they can rest a bit. I know gross, but my hands were hurting. Then I accidentally touched my tooth with my finger. Now I’m scared of getting corona, because I’ve touch my mouth with unwashed hands. These kinds of situation happened to me all the time. Always touching my face accidentally and realised I haven’t washed my hands. I really hate living in this time and feel hopeless. And my OCD and anxiety disorder makes it worse. Will I have corona now? I’m so scared!
Well the Bible speaks a lot about God's willingness to heal one can look up many scriptures in this regard. Sadly so many want to resist this which in my opinion grieves the Spirit of God but I guess one is going to decide themselves what the Bible actually teaches about this subject. Not really interested in arguing about it.

Surely though if you're a Christian you do believe God doesn't want you to have or walk in a Spirit of fear. Such is a choice for all of us. He said God has not given us a spirit of fear but of love and power and of a sound mind. Well how do we see this a reality? We have to stand in FAITH...the Bible calls it the fight of faith. So you've said you're a Christian. Consider what's the worse that could happen to you. You'd die. But you wouldn't die as some people think of it but you'd merely change your location. You'd be in Heaven. Wouldn't you believe that to be almost a promotion?

I think there's a lot less people freaked out about the virus now. I think people get to the place where they conclude enough of this.....(that is washing one's hands twenty times a day) I think many have embraced look I'll still take reasonable precautions, within reason, BUT look I"m not going crazy about this ANYMORE. If I get it I get it, if I live I live or if I die I'll die, I don't care anymore! I think if you allow yourself to get to this place you'll have PEACE.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some good counsel here, friend! Yes, OCD is a great disability --I well know. Wash your hands before going anywhere or when coming, as stated; wear a mask; trust God and be at peace (you need not keep washing daily). I would add that a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus (not just believing about Him as a teacher from God) will ASSURE His presence in your life, and the promised "sealing" of the Holy Spirit in one to make them a "child of God", and THUS on the road to Heaven. He said: "lo, I am with you always".

Many professing Christians are not "born again" with the new life in Christ (see John 3; and John 14 and note verse 6 especially). Walk and talk with the Lord Jesus and give thanks to Him for His sacrifice on the Cross, to save those who will receive Him as their Savior, Lord, and best Friend. I will pray for you!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isa 41:10. Fear not for I am with you be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yea, I will help you, yea. I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Say over and over till you believe it.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you heard God made this promise:
"Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. -Psalms 91:14

Every time you are afraid. Tell the Lord how much you love Him and hold fast your love for Him. Trust Him that He will deliver you !

• Agree
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me add verse 15 to Psalms 91, friend; and note Matthew 28:20 and 1 Peter 5:7 to see what God wants you to understand. Stay close to the Lord Jesus for help and bring the Father's blessings upon you. Keep looking up!

• Agree
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0