I bet we can agree to denounce Neo-Nazis.

Do you agree?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
"We urge law enforcement to recognize these white nationalist and neo-Nazi groups as terrorist organizations and to pursue the criminal elements of these domestic terrorist organizations in the same manner and with the same fervor used to protect the United States from other manifestations of terrorism."

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First define terrorism and terrorist, then connect the definitions to specific actions and people. I'm for denouncing all white nationalists and neo-nazi's, but I won't support a broad definition of terrorism and labeling people with who I disagree terrorists. It has to be actual crimes of terrorism by law specific to those who act.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
"We urge law enforcement to recognize these white nationalist and neo-Nazi groups as terrorist organizations and to pursue the criminal elements of these domestic terrorist organizations in the same manner and with the same fervor used to protect the United States from other manifestations of terrorism."
I can denounce anyone who is racist. However, nowadays accusations of racism have become a habit with some, and the time might come soon that people ignore them. It's like the boy who cried wolf.

• Haha
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
First define terrorism and terrorist

Domestic terrorism: Perpetrated by individuals and/or groups inspired by or associated with primarily U.S.-based movements that espouse extremist ideologies of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature.
--for example, the June 8, 2014 Las Vegas shooting, during which two police officers inside a restaurant were killed in an ambush-style attack, which was committed by a married couple who held anti-government views and who intended to use the shooting to start a revolution.

(Note that murdering people, and hijacking planes, making a believable threat of harm, burning crosses on someone else's property are already illegal. Terrorism is a way to classify the motivations of other crimes.)

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

I believe you are highly naive if you truly think that there can be an agreement to denounce neo-nazis - even on these forums.

In this day of "my truth," there is absolutely no founded direction identifiable in life. Didn't Neo-Conservatives just severely beat a black man, then tried to have HIM convicted of a crime? You think that people will denounce them?

Lol... welcome to America: Perfected in Dehumanization.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I completely agree with our President

"Racism is evil -- and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans,"

President Donald Trump

Reactions: dreadnought
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
You realize that people can just copy and paste the quote to find out what you are looking to pull a "gotcha" on, yes?

The reason why the resolution was not supported in the Tennessee state legislature was because they were unsure about labeling them an official terrorist organization.

https://archive.fo/UCXxR

Later, in a statement to CNN, Ramsey said the committee agreed with Clemmons "on the intent and philosophy of the resolution." The objection was to "the designation of 'terrorist organization.'"

The committee could bring the resolution back up if it's reworded, Ramsey said. CNN has reached out to Clemmons to see if he'll do this but has not heard back.

So, if they resubmit the thing without officially labeling them a terrorist organization, which has a very specific meaning according to federal guidelines, then they will support it.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You realize that people can just copy and paste the quote to find out what you are looking to pull a "gotcha" on, yes?

Of course. There's no other reason to put it there.

The reason why the resolution was not supported in the Tennessee state legislature was because they were unsure about labeling them an official terrorist organization.

Resolution denouncing white supremacists and neo-Nazis fails in Tenne…

Later, in a statement to CNN, Ramsey said the committee agreed with Clemmons "on the intent and philosophy of the resolution." The objection was to "the designation of 'terrorist organization.'"

The committee could bring the resolution back up if it's reworded, Ramsey said. CNN has reached out to Clemmons to see if he'll do this but has not heard back.

So, if they resubmit the thing without officially labeling them a terrorist organization, which has a very specific meaning according to federal guidelines, then they will support it.

We're not the government. Are Neo-Nazis not terrorists?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Of course. There's no other reason to put it there.

We're not the government. Are Neo-Nazis not terrorists?

The legislature is literally the government.

Personally, I would call the Klan terrorists. I would also point out that they are the ones who started the whole gun control argument in this country, and that prior to them, no one was arguing about citizens having a right to bear arms. It was only after black people were declared citizens that Democrats had a problem with it.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
1.) I don't have a lot of patience for gimmicky resolutions like this that are designed to support a politician's grandstanding and to serve as ammunition to attack opponents who object over even a minor point.

2.) I have no doubt that the Republicans would've found an excuse to rally behind it if the target had been some group they didn't like.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The legislature is literally the government.

Personally, I would call the Klan terrorists. I would also point out that they are the ones who started the whole gun control argument in this country, and that prior to them, no one was arguing about citizens having a right to bear arms. It was only after black people were declared citizens that Democrats had a problem with it.

Relevance?

EDIT: didn't black people gain citizenship in the 19th century?

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
1.) I don't have a lot of patience for gimmicky resolutions like this that are designed to support a politician's grandstanding and to serve as ammunition to attack opponents who object over even a minor point.

2.) I have no doubt that the Republicans would've found an excuse to rally behind it if the target had been some group they didn't like.

Presumably Republicans don't like Neo-Nazis.

Surely we, the CF community, can agree to call Neo-Nazis terrorists, and denounce them.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married

No. And I base my vote on facts:

22 million Americans support neo-Nazis, new poll indicates

This is 9% of American voting population. 1/4 of Trump base. And these 22 million were willing to admit to random phone person that they support Neo-Nazis. How many lied to pollster to avoid embarrassment of showing their racism? Obviously many many.

When at very least 1/4 of Trump base supports KKK and Neo Nazis, is it any surprise that Trump also supports them, saying some are "very fine people"?

And in that environment, my vote is "No". You will never get everyone to agree to that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Presumably Republicans don't like Neo-Nazis.

Surely we, the CF community, can agree to call Neo-Nazis terrorists, and denounce them.

CF may not, but the Patriot Act, and the National Defense Authorization Act define them as domestic terrorists - and the interpretation of the law is open for a reason. The laws are just not as enforced yet: that is what this social paradigm is for.

Ignorance and prejudice of the people is being used to justify their enslavement - a condition most of us do not realize we have been programmed to accept! And, as expected, the end-game will be civil disobedience, civil war, and civil discord, because laypersons believe their enemies are the layperson.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
daaaaang. That's almost 10%.
And those were people who were willing to admit to random phone person that they were racist scum.

Imagine how many people lie and hide that they are racist scum? That number could be much be higher. But even without adding deniers, that is still 1/4 of Trump base. No wonder he supports KKK and Nazis by calling some "very fine people".

Upvote 0

He is Risen 72

Colossians 2:14 The Law is nailed to the Cross!!
Sep 3, 2013
Michigan
✟27,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And those were people who were willing to admit to random phone person that they were racist scum.

Imagine how many people lie and hide that they are racist scum? That number could be much be higher. But even without adding deniers, that is still 1/4 of Trump base. No wonder he supports KKK and Nazis by calling some "very fine people".

Ελληνικό Εθνικό Σοσιαλιστικό Κόμμα

Εθνική Ένωσις Ελλάδος

Ελληνική Σοσιαλιστική Πατριωτική Οργάνωσις

Upvote 0